Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, Nightmare said:

That definitely reads as “the Raiders are concerned about the staff Pierce is suggesting he’ll put together”.

Josina is one of these reporters who has some decent scoops but also a lot of speculative guesses, so there might be nothing substantial behind her post there. But that really seems to be what she’s suggesting.

Add in the fact there's a real chance that Graham could get a shot at HC somewhere. Seattle seems like a possibility. You lose Graham, Pierce loses what ever sparkle he had coming into the process.

I'll just hope that if AP is hired, and it sounds like he is. Find an ace OC please (of course. Lol) AND....A good staff....period. some may disagree but I thought bricello did a good job. O line coach is definitely a high priority for me personally.  Hopefully the defensive staff stays put (minor tweaks acceptable.lol) again, I thought they did a good job.....now, before anyone decides to just blast off on me.....please note....I did say "good"......not great, excellent, outstanding, fantastic, superb, etc.....but "good". Ok, carry on. 👍🤣😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

It's going to be tomorrow. I'm calling it. Big raider news usually happens either on Wednesday or Friday

My guess is AP gets it.  Will it be the right move for the long term, who knows but what I do know is that he got a roster with below average talent to play inspired football.  That to me that warrants giving him a full year to see what he can do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

My guess is AP gets it.  Will it be the right move for the long term, who knows but what I do know is that he got a roster with below average talent to play inspired football.  That to me that warrants giving him a full year to see what he can do.

Right. Sure it's risky, but one thing for sure: if McDaniels had done what he did, we'd be saying that we're starting finally starting to see his vision and call it a success. This guy did that without an off-season, or even a staff of his choice but had a fourth round rookie quarterback.

There's no reason why the guy shouldn't get a chance unless you bring a bona fide guy like Harbaugh and even then that's just as dicey because there's a large chance that he doesn't win right away and then all of a sudden we're looking at a rebuild.

Now anyone can argue that the team could use a rebuild, but you can't make that argument without giving the current roster a chance to prove itself under the coach galvanized it into improvement.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Right. Sure it's risky, but one thing for sure: if McDaniels had done what he did, we'd be saying that we're starting finally starting to see his vision it a success. This guy did that without an off-season, or even a staff of his choice but had a fourth round rookie quarterback.

There's no reason why the guy shouldn't get a chance unless you bring a bona fide guy like Harbaugh and even then that's just as dicey because there's a large chance that he doesn't win right away and then all of a sudden we're looking at a rebuild.

Now anyone can argue that the team could use a rebuild, but you can't make that argument without giving the current roster a chance to prove itself under the coach galvanized it into improvement.

While I agree I suppose it depends on what your definition of a rebuild is.  

I would assume that Adams gets traded, at least he should as his age and declining value are worth moving on from right now.  He should have 1 elite year left in the right situation so move him to someone who can use him and we get a bottom of the 1st pick for him. 

I would consider tagging Jacobs and running him into the ground for one more year.  We have a ton of cap space and assuming we have a rookie starting at some point next year a RB to lean on can be a young QB's best friend next to a good D. 

We need a QB for sure, hopefully a number 1 WR, potentially a RB, multiple Oline upgrades/ depth.  Our D could use a pass rushing 3T, potentially an Edge depending on how Wilson pans out, at least one LB, a #1 CB and a safety.  

That is a lot of needs for any new GM/HC but if the can get a 1st for Adams and nail our first three picks we could be on the upswing.  

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

I'll just hope that if AP is hired, and it sounds like he is. Find an ace OC please (of course. Lol) AND....A good staff....period. some may disagree but I thought bricello did a good job. O line coach is definitely a high priority for me personally.  Hopefully the defensive staff stays put (minor tweaks acceptable.lol) again, I thought they did a good job.....now, before anyone decides to just blast off on me.....please note....I did say "good"......not great, excellent, outstanding, fantastic, superb, etc.....but "good". Ok, carry on. 👍🤣😉

I agree on Brillo. The only great lineman they have is Miller and he was able to coach em up. Odds are they’ll draft a rookie, he’ll need to be protected. 

3 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Agree about Bricillo, when Miller was injured Eluemunor came in and did a fine job, looks a decent swing tackle option. Munford looks to have become a solid option and Parham has developed along with Meredith. 

As you say, not an outstanding unit but solid and the running game improved dramatically when the QB was changed and protection was generally pretty good considering we were fielding a 4th round rookie statue.

8 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Really hope they can fit Dobbs in somewhere. Pretty clear where they’re going at HC tho

We’re also hiring a President of football ops. Hence why we interviewed more management executives 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

While I agree I suppose it depends on what your definition of a rebuild is.  

I would assume that Adams gets traded, at least he should as his age and declining value are worth moving on from right now.  He should have 1 elite year left in the right situation so move him to someone who can use him and we get a bottom of the 1st pick for him. 

I would consider tagging Jacobs and running him into the ground for one more year.  We have a ton of cap space and assuming we have a rookie starting at some point next year a RB to lean on can be a young QB's best friend next to a good D. 

We need a QB for sure, hopefully a number 1 WR, potentially a RB, multiple Oline upgrades/ depth.  Our D could use a pass rushing 3T, potentially an Edge depending on how Wilson pans out, at least one LB, a #1 CB and a safety.  

That is a lot of needs for any new GM/HC but if the can get a 1st for Adams and nail our first three picks we could be on the upswing.  

Rebuild in the sense that say we hire harbaugh and we assume what Maxx said is true and we end up having to trade him(let's assume 2 first rounders) people are going to start being moved. Jack jones is probably going to want to be moved. Jacobs is probably not being brought back under those circumstances(unless you pay him top dollar.) Davante must be traded in those circumstances because there's basically no point in keeping a 32 year old wr at that point. Of course we're going to move on from Renfrow because the production hasn't been there in 2 years now. And then on top of all that you're drafting a qb( who if it JJ McCarthy will not be pro ready and lack the supporting to be successful early on so he would have to be built around) that's what I mean by rebuild.

This is as opposed to going with pierce where you come in thinking maybe if you draft a qb & improve the Oline(which when you have the LT the rest is a lot easier if you actually address it) G & C are easier to draft on day 2 and parham can play one of the 2 so that really just means you need 2 interiors and an RT(which you can find in FA. I think we're solid at RB(maybe a day 3 pick there) but I'm not sure we bring Jacobs back with how well Zamir played. Because none of these offensive positions of need are at premium positions, we should be able to address them in a cost efficient way(provided champ Kelly is worth his salt as a GM). This would improve the team vastly where A. You don't feel the need to trade Davante & B. We may feel like we can trade up for a Caleb Williams or a Jayden Daniels (if we are in fact bringing in Kliff kingberry)

On defense, it's intriguing because of how much we vastly improved. Bringing in Jack Jones provides us with #1 corner play. That's not to say we cant go after smith or Johnson in FA and have bookend corners with Hobbs inside. Koonce is the bookend edge guy who had 8 sacks & provided consistent pressure opposite Maxx & doesn't play the run half bad. Pair that with the fact the Wilson plays the run well and has found a role in the nascar package were he can rush from the inside. Butler was a revelation inside and was solid(hopefully we bring that guy back). That said he is going to be 30 if we do and I  would love to find an a 3T so we'll see how that goes. At LB I thought they played well enough at a position that's not premium so sure it can be updated but it's not like a super need so we just need to keep drafting there. I'm cool with day 3. 

so overall I don't think the roster is as bad as most would think. And if we in fact go with Kliff Kingsberry and run the Air Raid, I think the stage could be set to trade up for Daniels or Williams due to their connections to the HC and potential OC. I wouldn't rule out a trade for fields(who I think that the Air Raid is the best offense for him to play in)either with connections to the GM. 

• Like 1

Wow... this is looking to be a bit of a let down.

The "extensive" process of interviews, resulted in interviewing 2 minority candidates who were not even coaching this past year (Frazier, Richards). They appear not even bothering to interview several well qualified candidates. 

To interview several GM candidates and most likely land on  Champ Kelly will also feel ho hum. 

I hope Dodd factors in somehow, I'd feel much better about the direction of things. AP/Kelly will feel very much like settling for the sake of appeasing outside pressure. 

If/when they are hired, they better have a damn good plan in place is all I can say. There are a lot of great coach and GM candidates in this cycle they are not even bothering with to settle on these two. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Wow... this is looking to be a bit of a let down.

The "extensive" process of interviews, resulted in interviewing 2 minority candidates who were not even coaching this past year (Frazier, Richards). They appear not even bothering to interview several well qualified candidates. 

To interview several GM candidates and most likely land on  Champ Kelly will also feel ho hum. 

I hope Dodd factors in somehow, I'd feel much better about the direction of things. AP/Kelly will feel very much like settling for the sake of appeasing outside pressure. 

If/when they are hired, they better have a damn good plan in place is all I can say. There are a lot of great coach and GM candidates in this cycle they are not even bothering with to settle on these two. 

I'm not a fan of the Rooney-Rule as it is executed by now.

It's a waste of time for both the Team that is in need for a GM/HC and the minority candidates that only got the interview for that the Team can make a tick behind it.

I'd rather split the two compensatory picks that are awarded. One would get the team that developed a minority coach and one would get the team that actually hires a minority candidate for a major role.

At least it would solve that "senseless interviewing", but I don't know if my change of the rule is exploitable.

• Like 4