Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Wow... this is looking to be a bit of a let down.

The "extensive" process of interviews, resulted in interviewing 2 minority candidates who were not even coaching this past year (Frazier, Richards). They appear not even bothering to interview several well qualified candidates. 

To interview several GM candidates and most likely land on  Champ Kelly will also feel ho hum. 

I hope Dodd factors in somehow, I'd feel much better about the direction of things. AP/Kelly will feel very much like settling for the sake of appeasing outside pressure. 

If/when they are hired, they better have a damn good plan in place is all I can say. There are a lot of great coach and GM candidates in this cycle they are not even bothering with to settle on these two. 

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Especially the HC interviews Frazier has a decent track record ,Richard not as much. Either way, it looks like 2 rooney rule interviews and maybe discussion (on the down low 😉😉) about defensive side of the ball. I agree 100%.....That's it?..... not exactly an extensive search....

• Like 2

The "extensive" process of interviews, resulted in interviewing 2 minority candidates who were not even coaching this past year (Frazier, Richards). They appear not even bothering to interview several well qualified candidates. 

To interview several GM candidates and most likely land on  Champ Kelly will also feel ho hum. 

I hope Dodd factors in somehow, I'd feel much better about the direction of things. AP/Kelly will feel very much like settling for the sake of appeasing outside pressure. 

If/when they are hired, they better have a damn good plan in place is all I can say. There are a lot of great coach and GM candidates in this cycle they are not even bothering with to settle on these two. 

Right?

It’s the same thing Mark did with Gruden and JMD, he zeroed in on a guy and picked him. I really agree that the outside pressure got to them as did the specter Bissacia. This hiring really feels like they’re trying to right a wrong. 

10 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

My guess is AP gets it.  Will it be the right move for the long term, who knows but what I do know is that he got a roster with below average talent to play inspired football.  That to me that warrants giving him a full year to see what he can do.

That’s where I’m at too. The team showed a lot of promise once AP took over despite being a tough situation to succeed. At minimum he should be given an offseason to see if we can build upon 

Mark just doesn’t seem to be very good at this sort of thing.

He said he’d go into this process with an open mind and wouldn’t zero in on a target this time, like he has the last few hires. Whilst I appreciate that Pierce deserves a thorough look for what he did as the interim, this has been another sham search where he already seems to know who he’s hiring, so instead of a proper search, we’re wasting the time of “Rooney rule candidates” and hiring the easy option.

It’s especially galling this year given the amount of talented, qualified candidates available.

• Like 2

Yep. All I wanted was an open process where Mark and them looked at a lot of good options and then decided on the best path forward. It seems like they never even opened the coaching search and barely opened the GM search. Instead, they either just caved to external pressure, or they decided not to give it a go. 

I’m not disappointed in hiring AP and Champ; I’m disappointed in the lack of process. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, mct288 said:

Yep. All I wanted was an open process where Mark and them looked at a lot of good options and then decided on the best path forward. It seems like they never even opened the coaching search and barely opened the GM search. Instead, they either just caved to external pressure, or they decided not to give it a go. 

I’m not disappointed in hiring AP and Champ; I’m disappointed in the lack of process. 

They interviewed a good amount of GMs, no?

Kelly, Dodds, Telesco, Gray, Kleine Van Calliga. We requested Peters too but I guess he was all-in on Washington.

The HC interviews were pretty lame though. Pure rooney rule satisfactions. I think AP was always going to be brought back and the GM interviews included that caveat. I feel like Dodds was Mark's preferred guy and if he wasn't down with AP, then we revert back to Champ.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

They interviewed a good amount of GMs, no?

Kelly, Dodds, Telesco, Gray, Kleine Van Calliga. We requested Peters too but I guess he was all-in on Washington.

The HC interviews were pretty lame though. Pure rooney rule satisfactions. I think AP was always going to be brought back and the GM interviews included that caveat. I feel like Dodds was Mark's preferred guy and if he wasn't down with AP, then we revert back to Champ.

Yeah-there were some good candidates in the GM interviews. I’m probably just projecting when I think it was always going to be Kelly anyway. 

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Anywhere but LA would be huge for us. 

Classic Harbaugh using the threat of leaving for the NFL every single year to secure more money. It's hilarious.

I’m not concerned with Harbaugh going to LA. They won’t stink but he probably looks like Gruden did his 2nd run with us

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Anywhere but LA would be huge for us. 

Classic Harbaugh using the threat of leaving for the NFL every single year to secure more money. It's hilarious.

Very hilarious, and being a smart businessman, pumping more money out of Michigan every season

26 minutes ago, mct288 said:

Same. Because laying it all on the table, you can't convince me that AP's plan for staff hires, roster construction, etc. beats out several of the guys in this cycle.

I'm fine with the hire, but this should put a lot of ownership with the players. This is your guy, you better show out and justify it. I'm normally patient with coaches, but this feels like playoffs or bust situation for the players here. Especially if he's keeping Adams and Jacobs who wanted him hired. And AP's talked a big game regarding Jacobs. 

• Like 1