Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’m not concerned with Harbaugh going to LA. They won’t stink but he probably looks like Gruden did his 2nd run with us

Again, you're coping. 

Harbaugh has proven himself to be a professional team builder. He will inherit a talented, but underperforming team with a franchise QB. He will have them competing next year easily and build off it. He will hire the best assistant coaches and develop the team. I would be very concerned with Harbaugh in LA. 

Gruden was a proven hack in Tampa after Tony's guys left at building a team. And a proven hack here at the same. Harbaugh has a flawless track record of building winning teams. 

• Like 2

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

we should hire our GM soon. I would wait on head coach until super bowl week or after super bowl. 

They seem focused to settling on Pierce and Kelly. They've not made a single serious coaching interview to this point. Baring a surprise, this was over before it started. Just get it done and start hiring staff. 

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They seem focused to settling on Pierce and Kelly. They've not made a single serious coaching interview to this point. Baring a surprise, this was over before it started. Just get it done and start hiring staff. 

so Mark got punked by Maxx. nice 

5 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

We’re also hiring a President of football ops. Hence why we interviewed more management executives 

Is the thought that we might bring in a guy like Dobbs for that and then go Champ Kelly for GM? I have to be honest and say I don’t know enough about NFL execs to really know who’s make a great GM, but that sounds like a solid plan at least.

11 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Right. Sure it's risky, but one thing for sure: if McDaniels had done what he did, we'd be saying that we're starting finally starting to see his vision and call it a success. This guy did that without an off-season, or even a staff of his choice but had a fourth round rookie quarterback.

Great point! If a McDaniels had beaten Kansas and racked up a record points score I’d probably be thinking something along those lines 😁😁

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

so Mark got punked by Maxx. nice 

Meh... it's everyone. A lot of former alum like Woodson have weighed in on AP as well. 

It better work, because the knee jerk the other direction from Mark if it doesn't will be ugly. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Is the thought that we might bring in a guy like Dobbs for that and then go Champ Kelly for GM? I have to be honest and say I don’t know enough about NFL execs to really know who’s make a great GM, but that sounds like a solid plan at least.

I might be off base with this, but the Dodds as president of football operations/Champ as GM just feels like fan fiction to me. I haven’t seen it thrown out as a possibility other than here and Reddit. Maybe one reporter threw it out as a thought exercise or something, but I haven’t seen anything tangible that would lead me to think it’s happening. It could be cool though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Wow... this is looking to be a bit of a let down.

The "extensive" process of interviews, resulted in interviewing 2 minority candidates who were not even coaching this past year (Frazier, Richards). They appear not even bothering to interview several well qualified candidates. 

To interview several GM candidates and most likely land on  Champ Kelly will also feel ho hum. 

I hope Dodd factors in somehow, I'd feel much better about the direction of things. AP/Kelly will feel very much like settling for the sake of appeasing outside pressure. 

If/when they are hired, they better have a damn good plan in place is all I can say. There are a lot of great coach and GM candidates in this cycle they are not even bothering with to settle on these two. 

I gotta agree. 

I like AP. I couldn't care less about Kelly, but if they're tied at the hip, whatever. 

But my stance has consistently been that AP deserves an interview and the nod if we miss out on the big prizes- which have mostly been Harbaugh and Johnson. 

Since then, we've seen some guys become available for a variety of reasons- surprise firings, coordinators who now may be gone due to a new HC, etc. If the best we did was Frazier and Richard, that's embarrassing and I can't really get behind it. 

It's one thing to swing and miss on the big fish. It's another to willingly play in the minnow pond just to keep people happy. 

For AP, he needs a good GM to help him succeed, and I don't think Kelly is that. 

Kelly would need a maestro coach to navigate what I suspect is pretty dodgy talent evaluations and being a relative newcomer to actual GM roles, and AP isn't that. 

Both, I suppose, have some potential to succeed, but I cannot see them succeeding together. Not long term. This feels like a totally avoidable ugly situation that we're going to willingly jump into just to avoid a little potential immediate backlash, which wouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things with a really good HC or GM or both. 

Dumb, dumb, dumb all around if this is the route we take. Especially the way we take it. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mct288 said:

I might be off base with this, but the Dodds as president of football operations/Champ as GM just feels like fan fiction to me. I haven’t seen it thrown out as a possibility other than here and Reddit. Maybe one reporter threw it out as a thought exercise or something, but I haven’t seen anything tangible that would lead me to think it’s happening. It could be cool though. 

Davis hinted at bringing on a president of football operations type if he retains Champ Kelly and Antonio Pierce. That's where the rumor got started and this fan base will run with anything.