Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

37 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

No, he doesn’t have the experience to be GM. But I don’t mind Brady helping pick our next GM and HC, especially HC. He is way way way way way way way way way smarter than Mark and that entire joke of a panel that know nothing about football. I also wouldn’t mind him as some kind of advisor role to the board. 

Idk, Brady might be good at playing but that doesn’t mean he knows who would be good at running the organization. Feedback would be good but I certainly wouldn’t make him John Elway. I think Brady is perfectly happy with staying home raising his kids. 

Will wait til the rest of the season plays out to make a choice.  If Bailey looks good then I'd let him make the choice for HC. If it's AP and we get some experienced OC then I think we'd be good for a few seasons before the OC becomes a HC. Hopefully a good QB coach being groomed behind them to replace and have a similar system. for another couple of years. 

I look at this as a time to build a team. I want to draft a QB next season but if AOC looks good then it doesn't have to be a top 1st round pick. If one is there I'd take a QB but trading down is always a good option. If we have a good OC I could see a push for a mid vet QB (Cousins) but I think it's time to build a bully Defense and get young talent that we resign before we start paying QB money. Every 3 years draft a QB until we get our guy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

. I think Brady is perfectly happy with staying home raising his kids. 

Lol. He’s had the itch all year. 

Also, he definitely knows what makes a good offensive scheme. When he went to the Bucs, that was a blend of Brady/Arians Offense and like 65% Brady. Mark and the Panel wouldn’t know a good scheme if it slapped them in the face. 

47 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

I want to see Antonio Pierce as head coach 😎

I kid, but if he shows out the rest of the way then I’m open to it.

I feel like this move would be to make up for letting Rich go, which is the wrong move. It’s the same thing as keeping Carr all those years strictly because the QB situation was so bad before him. There is going to be way more qualified candidates than Pierce. Players always play hard for intense personality interim coaches. Doesn’t mean they will be a good HC. This will likely be AP’s best season. That was likely Rich’s best season. 

5 hours ago, G said:

Will wait til the rest of the season plays out to make a choice.  If Bailey looks good then I'd let him make the choice for HC. If it's AP and we get some experienced OC then I think we'd be good for a few seasons before the OC becomes a HC. Hopefully a good QB coach being groomed behind them to replace and have a similar system. for another couple of years.

Exactly.
I think we have to grow our own Ben Johnson's to stabilize the whole franchise. And for that we have to find an identity how the offense should look like and then stick to that, and promote young guys if someone leaves.
I don't want to see a former assisent coach (like Frank Smith) from us getting a coordinator job, while we are still struggling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

I know Hondo is not everybody's darling in here, but what he says about Harbaugh concerns me a little bit. If it's really true that players who played for him hate him, then I don't see a long term future with him tbh.

It's also interesting what he has to say about EJ Evero.

That does feel like a “thing” with Harbaugh. He’s undoubtedly a winner; a seriously good head coach who has had success literally everywhere he’s been. But I do remember the stories coming out during his time at the 9ers where he clashed with his players and his GM.

There’s possibly an argument that he’s a better fit for college football because he’ll only have his players for a limited amount of time, so his abrasive personality doesn’t have as long term an impact.

I’d still absolutely take him at the Raiders though. Even if we only had him for 4 or 5 years we’d almost certainly be a competitive team during this timeframe and he’d leave the team in a better place than it was in when he joined.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2023 at 8:33 AM, Styrian Raider said:

I know Hondo is not everybody's darling in here, but what he says about Harbaugh concerns me a little bit. If it's really true that players who played for him hate him, then I don't see a long term future with him tbh.

It's also interesting what he has to say about EJ Evero.

On 11/7/2023 at 10:30 AM, Nightmare said:

That does feel like a “thing” with Harbaugh. He’s undoubtedly a winner; a seriously good head coach who has had success literally everywhere he’s been. But I do remember the stories coming out during his time at the 9ers where he clashed with his players and his GM.

There’s possibly an argument that he’s a better fit for college football because he’ll only have his players for a limited amount of time, so his abrasive personality doesn’t have as long term an impact.

I’d still absolutely take him at the Raiders though. Even if we only had him for 4 or 5 years we’d almost certainly be a competitive team during this timeframe and he’d leave the team in a better place than it was in when he joined.

True statements- his GM and some of the players didn't care for him. 

That said, I'd love to see anyone defend his GM's track record and hear the arguments of the players- because let's be real, not a lot of success before or after Harbaugh for the vast majority of them. Aside from Gore, Willis, and Davis, who from those 49ers team was actually very good? I'm struggling to come up with names. 

It's important to remember that pre-Harbaugh, the 49ers were a laughing stock and the inmates were running the asylum in San Fran. The ownership sided with the slick talking GM Trent Baalke, and everything fell apart. The 49ers underwent a total reconstruction under Lynch and Shanahan to clear the rot back out. 

Is Harbaugh an intense personality? Yes. I'm sure he chaps plenty of hides. But I also think there are a lot of immature millionaires that were used to being pampered to a large degree. 

I'm comfortable saying that the players who deserve to be here wouldn't take issue with him. Those who do, go play elsewhere. We're not paying to see a bunch of dudes sit and sing kumbaya after all. 

Bottom line for me is Harbaugh gets results. Everyone here should know by now how I feel about the job Dan Campbell has done with Detroit. I'm a huge fan. Players love him. But he was on the hot seat and sticking to Anthony Lynn as OC and has gained a lot of extra leeway thanks to an OC likely to be elsewhere next year. Once Johnson gone, I have concerns for Detroit and Campbell regardless of how much guys love him. They still have their flaws and sometimes come out pretty flat. Guys will have fun if they're winning, but what about when they're losing? 

Our HC is a HC, not a bff. The game should be fun, but it also needs to yield results. I don't care if our coach is reviled by the players if they're winning and getting results. I don't care if our players love our HC, if he's losing he's gotta go. 

I love Campbell and Harbaugh both. I would 100% trust Harbaugh with the job over Campbell if given the choice though. Both coaches taking over a rebuild, I'd bet the house on Harbaugh outlasting Campbell. 

Even right now, I have some concerns with Pierce. Look, I love winning. I love seeing our guys winning. But there also comes a point where I look and go "Who's running this?". Why are we busting out the cigars and scotch for beating an injured Giants team on a 3rd string QB? This is a house party, not a professional franchise. Now, I'm enough of a realist to say the enjoyment was warranted given how things had been for the last year and a half. It was deserved, this time. Now what about when we lose? Losses will come. And unless the winning becomes far more common than the losing, I don't care to see endless videos of celebration in the locker room every time we beat a ****ty opponent. 

What I'm saying is that I don't want stuffy and oppressive like we got under McDaniels, but going the polar opposite route isn't going to go over well unless we start winning A LOT. Harbaugh might not be down for cigars and scotch for beating a bad opponent on their 3rd string QB, but he's not above a warranted celebration either. 

• Like 3

On 11/11/2023 at 10:37 AM, ronjon1990 said:

That said, I'd love to see anyone defend his GM's track record and hear the arguments of the players- because let's be real, not a lot of success before or after Harbaugh for the vast majority of them. Aside from Gore, Willis, and Davis, who from those 49ers team was actually very good? I'm struggling to come up with names. 

Haha, funny you should say that as I’ve just had that exact discussion! 😁

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

You see what Ben Johnson has done with Goff and QB with limitations. If AOC shows to be a starter the rest of the way. You would honestly think AOC could excel in his offense. It’s a lot of PA which AOC has shown to be good at and not a lot of deep throws. 

Ben Johnson has done an excellent job of getting the most out of the pieces he has for sure. By far my #1 choice to be our next head coach.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

You see what Ben Johnson has done with Goff and QB with limitations. If AOC shows to be a starter the rest of the way. You would honestly think AOC could excel in his offense. It’s a lot of PA which AOC has shown to be good at and not a lot of deep throws. 

Ben Johnson is a no brainer to me. He’s the next big one.