Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

I think Harbough has been waiting for the Raiders. He's interview with 4 NFL teams now over two periods and has only interviewed during the years we have an opening. And now indicators look like he may be going back to Michigan, again, after we look to be set on another HC. 

Sad, as he was my #1 option who I think can build the best team. 

I would like to think the same (I'm a big Harbaugh fan) but if he wanted the job he can reach out to Mark and send a feeler. Have a hard time thinking he'd just wait on us if he really wanted it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

I would like to think the same (I'm a big Harbaugh fan) but if he wanted the job he can reach out to Mark and send a feeler. Have a hard time thinking he'd just wait on us if he really wanted it. 

Our name is often floated as a link with Jim Harbaugh. It felt like he really wanted the gig this time two years ago, but Mark had the blinders on for McDaniels at that time. This year the hype has definitely been less, but every time a Schefter or Rapoport give their update about the Chargers being JH’s prime landing spot, they always add a line saying something like “the Raiders are also still considering him as well”. Jim Harbaugh and the Raiders have been linked every time we’ve had a coaching vacancy since he left SF. This must be coming from somewhere, and given the lack of interviews over the years it feels more likely it’s from Harbaugh’s camp.

I really think he would be interested, but for a variety of reasons it’s just never fallen into place, which is our loss more than his.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 2

Ideally it's Dodds with Kelly still in his position. That way we get some picks if another team wants him as their GM. Harbs would be my choice of HC and he wanted to keep the Defense intact. That way we get picks if Graham gets as HC gig next season. AP gets asst. HC/LB's and that keeps team chemistry intact. We cut the cancer mid season. Now lets keep the medicine that inspired the team but add the high end ingredients that will get even more opportunities with team success. 

1 minute ago, Totty said:

Seems like Vrabel to LV is picking up some steam. 😐

Yea I was just about to mentioned that. Apparently, Brady is trying to convince Mark to hire MV instead. Haven’t heard of Vrabel taking any interviews yet. 

I’d rather go with Harbaugh , BB or Carroll if you’re going the retread route. But what an uninspiring hire

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yea I was just about to mentioned that. Apparently, Brady is trying to convince Mark to hire MV instead. Haven’t heard of Vrabel taking any interviews yet. 

I’d rather go with Harbaugh , BB or Carroll if you’re going the retread route. But what an uninspiring hire

Where are you guys seeing this

10 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

That he helped create…

I've read a lot about what went down in Tn and there was a lot of philosophical differences between the GM and Vrabel. The GM and ownership wanted to tear it all down and rebuild and Vrabel wanted to win. This led to a horrible roster situation as they we trying to do two things at once. 

I'm sure vrabel has some blame to take. But you've said multiple times he's horrible at building rosters. But that was mostly their GMs job, and he was trying to do the opposite of what Vrabel wanted to do regarding the roster. So it's kind of impossible to look at their roster and say it was Vrabels fault. He got canned for mostly going against what they wanted to do roster wise. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NickButera said:

The GM and ownership wanted to tear it all down and rebuild and Vrabel wanted to win.

Definitely sounds like Vrabel is more to blame because of this. The Titans roster absolutely 100% needed a full tear-down two years ago. Sounds like Vrabel didn’t like that idea, was stubborn, and they tried to fit square pegs into round holes these past couple seasons instead of rebuilding. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

Definitely sounds like Vrabel is more to blame because of this. The Titans roster absolutely 100% needed a full tear-down two years ago. Sounds like Vrabel didn’t like that idea, was stubborn, and they tried to square pegs into round holes these past couple seasons instead of rebuilding. 

Well yea, but those holes were created by the GM. Like, trading AJ Brown for one....

And why do you need a full tear down after going to the AFC championship?

• Like 2

Just now, NickButera said:

Well yea, but those holes were created by the GM. Like, trading AJ Brown for one....

But Vrabel didn’t allow the full rebuild to happen. Not to mention his passive aggressive interviews rub me the wrong way. Vrabel is not the macho man leader you think he is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NickButera said:

And why do you need a full tear down after going to the AFC championship?

That AJ Brown trade is one of the worst trades in recent history. Huge mistake on the Titans side.

Vrabel shouldn’t even be in contention. Like why hire a coach that’s been losing out from his previous couple seasons? Why take on the Titans garbage?

Vrabel rode the coattails of Jeffery Simmons, Derrick Henry and AJ Brown for several seasons. 

He’s an average coach. He has a ceiling to where he can take a team. What’s his specialty? Offense….Defense? Sounds like beefing with the GM and trading young star WRs