Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

He’s another Patriot con man

I like him but my thing was when he first got hired by Tennessee he had Derrick Henry splitting carries with Dion Lewis. I believe he would've got fired if not for Derrick Henry going off towards the end of that season.

32 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Where are you guys seeing this

The old Twitter machine.  Of course one report was from Mitchell Renz, the others were in a few articles posted today.  Something happened this weekend (or so is suggested) that Tom Brady is trying to lobby for him to get the job.  They're close so I could see Mark getting the wool pulled over his eyes yet again.  

24 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

He’s another Patriot con man

I wouldn’t go that far. Vrabel is a good coach, but far from anything great/special. It’d be like the JDR hiring, a coach with a very low ceiling, but can get you a quick wildcard berth and culture change. I don’t think we need a culture change. 

Plus Vrabel is a horrendous talent evaluator like Gruden. 

52 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

But Vrabel didn’t allow the full rebuild to happen. Not to mention his passive aggressive interviews rub me the wrong way. Vrabel is not the macho man leader you think he is.

Vrabel is absolutely loved by his players. If you want anymore evidence of that look up the Lewan interview with Eisen when during it the news dropped he was being let go. Vrabel pounded the table to keep Brown and that led to nothing. I look at Tennessee and see it being far more on the front office and ownership. Amy meddled in front office affairs and that was not good for anyone. I’m not putting everything on the front office but they did Vrabel absolutely no favors. This whole 100% one way or another thing you do needs to stop. It’s exhausting. Vrabel had a winning track record and did it with Ryan freaking Tannehill. Period. He is not a bottom of the barrel coach like you’re trying to make him out to be. Also that you claimed Downing was great for them shows that you haven’t paid much attention to that team. Dude was awful and got ran out of town, just like he did with the Raiders. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Vrabel pounded the table to keep Brown and that led to nothing.

Kind of proving my point here. Tenn needed a full 100% tear-down rebuild, and Vrabel was pounding the table to keep everyone putting the GM in a awkward position. Even I said after the divisional round loss to the Bengals this team is done and needs to start from scratch. Clearly Vrabel’s ego didn’t think so. 

And I don’t think Vrabel is terrible. In the other thread, I said he’s a good Head Coach, but has a capped ceiling. It would remind me of the JDR hiring. Can get you a quick wildcard berth and change the culture, but is not a high-ceiling Head Coach. And we don’t need a culture change. 

Agree to disagree. I want no part of Vrabel personally. 

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

Kind of proving my point here. Tenn needed a full 100% tear-down rebuild, and Vrabel was pounding the table to keep everyone putting the GM in a awkward position. Even I said after the divisional round loss to the Bengals this team is done and needs to start from scratch. Clearly Vrabel’s ego didn’t think so. 

And I don’t think Vrabel is terrible. In the other thread, I said he’s a good Head Coach, but has a capped ceiling. It would remind me of the JDR hiring. Can get you a quick wildcard berth and change the culture, but is not a high-ceiling Head Coach. And we don’t need a culture change. 

And my point the whole time is that that is on the front office. Carthon has to put his foot down there but wasn’t able to because Amy interfered. I don’t want Vrabel to have personnel control, I do however think he is a great coach as long as he is paired with an autonomous GM. Agree to disagree but that’s my main point. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I mean, I look at it like this. 4 trips to the playoffs, 12-5 in 2021. And lose to Cincy in the divisonals. But then off to a 7-3 start in 2022 and then 23 players goes on IR that season. 23. That's approaching half of an NFL roster. 

I dont think it's fair to throw your hands up and say time to throw away the entire roster at that point. Their ownership meddled so much after that it would be disingenuous to try to judge anything after that as a success or failure on Vrabels part. He was practically powerless in 2023. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I dont think it's fair to throw your hands up and say time to throw away the entire roster at that point.

It was an old and capped roster. And bad contracts everywhere. It being an old roster is probably one of the reason you saw 23 dudes go on IR. Just a difference of opinion here. I think Vrabel is a good HC with a capped ceiling. I want a HC with an unlimited ceiling. Jim, Ben, Bobby… someone’s ceiling who has no cap. Doesn’t matter if they have been HC before or not, I want the potential. 

I start to think that AP is trying to put together his O staff and the panel wants to see that before they hire him. If he can't come up with a good enough plan and some guarantees to get the named OC for example, then they might go in a different direction.

Then could Dodds come back into the picture, since Champ's clear choice seems to be AP...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The point of hiring him is he's a top notch player evaluator and has been a coveted guy for a GM role. He started his career with the Raiders and is said to want this job. 

The Harbaugh connection is simply them being on staff around the same time. There is no validity to them being a package deal. He's not interviewed in LA but Harbaugh has should tell you as much. It's a rumor fans ran with with last cycle that has continued.  

Dodds has now interviewed for the Chargers, btw.

Rapsheet said he’s still under consideration here as well. So maybe it’s still not guaranteed it’s Champ.

8 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yea I was just about to mentioned that. Apparently, Brady is trying to convince Mark to hire MV instead. Haven’t heard of Vrabel taking any interviews yet. 

I’d rather go with Harbaugh , BB or Carroll if you’re going the retread route. But what an uninspiring hire

You're all in on AP, but hiring the proven version of that style coach would be uninspiring? 

I'm not evena. Vrabel guy, but some of the disrespect for the guy is absurd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Dodds has now interviewed for the Chargers, btw.

Rapsheet said he’s still under consideration here as well. So maybe it’s still not guaranteed it’s Champ.

Guess we might see what Dodds and Harbaugh could do up close and personal lol I hope not