Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You call him the next McVay is also a dumb argument. 

He will have his choice of job. He's under contract and can't interview. Which he should absolutely be looked at here if he has any interest. 

He’s the next innovative guy like McVay. Whether he has the same success, obviously I don’t know. Those guys don’t come around every coaching cycle. Clearly I like him a lot and his offense. 

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

At this point it's just getting annoying. All the local guys expect AP and Champ to be hired any day. Then what are we waiting for?

The OC market is heating up and that is the more important hire. 

Milking this thing just to hire AP/Champ is obnoxious. 

That's my question as well. We've satisfied the Rooney Rule, multiple signs seem to point to AP/Champ being retained, and yet.....nothing. Either something else is going on behind the scenes (that none of the beat writers have been able to pick up on yet) or the Raiders FO (including Mark) are dragging their feet for literally no reason. As for which one is closer to the truth, that's anyone's guess.

I do wonder though if Mark is getting competing feedback from his advisors -- like if certain people are pushing for AP/Kelly and others (like Tom?) are encouraging him to go a different route? I just don't see any other logical reason for a delay like this if he's settled on retaining AP and Kelly.

Edited by RaidersForever

3 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

He’s the next innovative guy like McVay. Whether he has the same success, obviously I don’t know. Those guys don’t come around every coaching cycle. Clearly I like him a lot and his offense. 

What makes him innovative in your view?

His offense isn't anything the league hasn't seen before. And Campbell has a big influence on it I've come to learn speaking with Lion fans. 

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Lord if I have to hear he changed the culture one more time…

When the culture is North Korea, you don’t have to do much to change it in a positive way. 

Is it weird that the culture shift is actually one of my reservations about Pierce? 

Like, yeah cool we aren't North Korea anymore. I wasn't asking for 1990's Liberia either, where it's a party all day and night and nobody is actually being the adult in the room. 

The biggest red flag I get from AP (I don't count things TBD like staffing or wins/losses yet) is that he seems to want more to be a part of the locker room than to actually control it. 

We don't need a laissez-faire HC. Not in Vegas. Not with our guys. Not with our run of failure lately. I don't want cigar celebrations for beating a QB-less 2-15 team when we're 6-11. We don't need a mentality where every minor victory is cause for celebration, while we're overall still circling the drain. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersForever said:

That's my question as well. We've satisfied the Rooney Rule, multiple signs seem to point to AP/Champ being retained, and yet.....nothing. Either something else is going on behind the scenes (that none of the beat writers have been able to pick up on yet) or the Raiders FO (including Mark) are dragging their feet for literally no reason. As for which one is closer to the truth, that's anyone's guess.

I do wonder though if Mark is getting competing feedback from his advisors -- like if certain people are pushing for AP/Kelly and others (like Tom?) are encouraging him to go a different route?

I'm holding out they want to interview someone in the playoffs under contract which would make sense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I'm holding out they want to interview someone in the playoffs under contract which would make sense. 

I didn't think of that, but I should have. Who would be some potential names from that list (besides Johnson)? Maybe he's waiting to see if the Eagles really will cut Sirianni loose?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Major pet peeve of mine here- it's impossible to make a comparison without people wanting to nitpick on it not being a carbon copy. 

If I say X player is like Y player, I know that they're not 100% identical. Same with coaches. I think X coach is sort of like Bill Belichick. That's not an invitation to say "How are you going to compare him to Bill and his 8 rings when he's never coached a regular season game?"  

Drives me bonkers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What makes him innovative in your view?

His offense isn't anything the league hasn't seen before. And Campbell has a big influence on it I've come to learn speaking with Lion fans. 

Because his scheme is not something that is ordinary. He does tons of unique things, and is truly innovative/creative. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Major pet peeve of mine here- it's impossible to make a comparison without people wanting to nitpick on it not being a carbon copy. 

If I say X player is like Y player, I know that they're not 100% identical. Same with coaches. I think X coach is sort of like Bill Belichick. That's not an invitation to say "How are you going to compare him to Bill and his 8 rings when he's never coached a regular season game?"  

Drives me bonkers. 

Dude, same. Drives me nuts. I am not saying his coaching will be on the level of McVay (although he 100% has that potential) but I am simply comparing his innovation and creativity is that of a McVay, Shanahan, etc, which doesn’t come around every single coaching cycle. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

9 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Is it weird that the culture shift is actually one of my reservations about Pierce? 

Like, yeah cool we aren't North Korea anymore. I wasn't asking for 1990's Liberia either, where it's a party all day and night and nobody is actually being the adult in the room. 

The biggest red flag I get from AP (I don't count things TBD like staffing or wins/losses yet) is that he seems to want more to be a part of the locker room than to actually control it. 

We don't need a laissez-faire HC. Not in Vegas. Not with our guys. Not with our run of failure lately. I don't want cigar celebrations for beating a QB-less 2-15 team when we're 6-11. We don't need a mentality where every minor victory is cause for celebration, while we're overall still circling the drain. 

I don’t think he’s letting everyone just do whatever they want but handing out cigars and celebrating like Ewoks after the win won’t last forever. Especially if they’re in a losing streak. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I don’t think he’s letting everyone just do whatever they want but handing out cigars and celebrating like Ewoks after the win won’t last forever. Especially if they’re in a losing streak. 

😂 you just made my day. 

Please, everyone, imagine Maxx running around In a short hoodie dancing to the Ewok theme. 

• Like 4