Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

32 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Nothing was innovative about McDaniels scheme imo. Just a super-complex scheme that hasn’t aged well. There is nothing revolutionary that makes you go “wow that’s so innovative!” like Ben Johnson, Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan, Kevin O Connell, Sean Steichen, etc. It’s a slow-drive scheme with over-complicated routes. 

I was not impressed with the McDaniels hiring at all. But as fans we cope. Within days I can get myself pumped up *shrug*. 

Just curious what is so innovative about the Lions scheme with Ben Johnson? I’ve only seen the Lions twice this year and I’m not that knowledgeable on offensive schemes.

My issue with Vrabel is that he’s a retread.

Losing record last two seasons is enough evidence he’s regressing, which some Titan fans have mentioned.
We have went 3 retreads in a row w/ bad results. Vrabel is probably good for another franchise but im not sure this one. 

30 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

That's my question as well. We've satisfied the Rooney Rule, multiple signs seem to point to AP/Champ being retained, and yet.....nothing. Either something else is going on behind the scenes (that none of the beat writers have been able to pick up on yet) or the Raiders FO (including Mark) are dragging their feet for literally no reason. As for which one is closer to the truth, that's anyone's guess.

I do wonder though if Mark is getting competing feedback from his advisors -- like if certain people are pushing for AP/Kelly and others (like Tom?) are encouraging him to go a different route? I just don't see any other logical reason for a delay like this if he's settled on retaining AP and Kelly.

Could they possibly be waiting to interview someone who is still involved in the playoffs?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

That's my question as well. We've satisfied the Rooney Rule, multiple signs seem to point to AP/Champ being retained, and yet.....nothing. Either something else is going on behind the scenes (that none of the beat writers have been able to pick up on yet) or the Raiders FO (including Mark) are dragging their feet for literally no reason. As for which one is closer to the truth, that's anyone's guess.

I do wonder though if Mark is getting competing feedback from his advisors -- like if certain people are pushing for AP/Kelly and others (like Tom?) are encouraging him to go a different route? I just don't see any other logical reason for a delay like this if he's settled on retaining AP and Kelly.

My guess is that there’s no urgency for Mark to make a decision. 

people have to remember that Mark has spent almost $175 million on coaches the last six years. Perhaps Mark can not afford Jim Harbaugh

11 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

My issue with Vrabel is that he’s a retread.

Losing record last two seasons is enough evidence he’s regressing, which some Titan fans have mentioned.
We have went 3 retreads in a row w/ bad results. Vrabel is probably good for another franchise but im not sure this one. 

That record the past two seasons is significantly more on the front office and ownership than Vrabel. Vrabel is not my number one candidate by any means but you’re lacking insight into what went down in Tennessee if you’re just saying “he had two losing seasons in a row.” Also there have been several successful second chance coaches in the NFL and I wouldn’t be shocked if Vrabel is one of them. I just for the life of me cannot see how someone that supports AP so much can’t see the value in Vrabel as a coach who has done what AP does, but better. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Right. It would of been on the players or the coordinators would fall on the axe

Would Koonce even have played? Would a waiver claim be put in for Jack jones who gave us #1 cb play? Would Marcus Peters still started?

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

That record the past two seasons is significantly more on the front office and ownership than Vrabel. Vrabel is not my number one candidate by any means but you’re lacking insight into what went down in Tennessee if you’re just saying “he had two losing seasons in a row.” Also there have been several successful second chance coaches in the NFL and I wouldn’t be shocked if Vrabel is one of them. I just for the life of me cannot see how someone that supports AP so much can’t see the value in Vrabel as a coach who has done what AP does, but better. 

Vrabel has had more time to prove he can coach but he’s on a losing streak. He’s not a bad coach but I don’t get the hire and he’s not right for this position. If Vrabel was the interim coach that turned us to the #1 defense, I would support him. 

AP is a fresh hire that’s shown some positives traits that can be improved upon with a full off

-#1 defense once he got hired

- 2nd lowest spending on defense 

Thats not something that can be ignored. Why not just continue with that to see where it goes