Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

I miss the days when sigs use to be popular on forums. Seems it's a dying breed.

I remember trying so hard back in the day to make Raider sub-forum awards an annual thing, which would include a custom sig to rock for the year. Rookie of the year, MVP, etc.

LOL.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Would Koonce even have played? Would a waiver claim be put in for Jack jones who gave us #1 cb play? Would Marcus Peters still started?

For the 1st time in awhile we saw player development

Koonce would be another player who left the Raiders who miraculously got better after leaving us

Jack Jones would be on KC or Buffalo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

That record the past two seasons is significantly more on the front office and ownership than Vrabel. Vrabel is not my number one candidate by any means but you’re lacking insight into what went down in Tennessee if you’re just saying “he had two losing seasons in a row.”

We don’t know what happened in the building with another team. We barely know what goes on in our building lol

Tom Brady Head Coach and AP Assistant Head Coach with a big pay increase?

Brady would be the ultimate gamble, and likely better suited as an advisor to Mark (Mark just does not have a football mind like his dad). However, it would be pretty damn interesting.... Brady is a charismatic leader and knows how to operate an offense. Putting together a scheme/playbook in 5 months or less would be pretty hard though.

I'm just throwing random things out there now. 

It seems 80%+ likely at this point AP is HC. I don't like it, I think the interim effect will wear off and this team wins 5 games next year, but I'll be hoping I'm wrong and get myself pumped up about the hiring in a matter of days. 

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

I don’t think he’s letting everyone just do whatever they want but handing out cigars and celebrating like Ewoks after the win won’t last forever. Especially if they’re in a losing streak. 

That’s irrelevant what happens after games as long as it doesn’t interfere with on field success.

The results we saw under AP can’t be ignored. We saw player development, discipline and progress 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Is it weird that the culture shift is actually one of my reservations about Pierce? 

Like, yeah cool we aren't North Korea anymore. I wasn't asking for 1990's Liberia either, where it's a party all day and night and nobody is actually being the adult in the room. 

The biggest red flag I get from AP (I don't count things TBD like staffing or wins/losses yet) is that he seems to want more to be a part of the locker room than to actually control it. 

We don't need a laissez-faire HC. Not in Vegas. Not with our guys. Not with our run of failure lately. I don't want cigar celebrations for beating a QB-less 2-15 team when we're 6-11. We don't need a mentality where every minor victory is cause for celebration, while we're overall still circling the drain. 

Totally understand that point, however, I would say that he seems to have an element of control or be able to control the team as the discipline has improved dramatically on field. Wasn’t it Bill Callaghan that called us the dumbest team in football and that’s being ongoing for 20+ years so to have such a dramatic change so quickly reassured me somewhat. I would think if we were very cavalier or laissez-faire then we’d be a bit loose on discipline maybe, look lackadaisical? We seem to be well drilled and focused.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I remember trying so hard back in the day to make Raider sub-forum awards an annual thing, which would include a custom sig to rock for the year. Rookie of the year, MVP, etc.

LOL.

We did that for several years I remember 

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Totally understand that point, however, I would say that he seems to have an element of control or be able to control the team as the discipline has improved dramatically on field. Wasn’t it Bill Callaghan that called us the dumbest team in football and that’s being ongoing for 20+ years so to have such a dramatic change so quickly reassured me somewhat. I would think if we were very cavalier or laissez-faire then we’d be a bit loose on discipline maybe, look lackadaisical? We seem to be well drilled and focused.

Well said

32 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Vrabel has had more time to prove he can coach but he’s on a losing streak. He’s not a bad coach but I don’t get the hire and he’s not right for this position. If Vrabel was the interim coach that turned us to the #1 defense, I would support him. 

AP is a fresh hire that’s shown some positives traits that can be improved upon with a full off

-#1 defense once he got hired

- 2nd lowest spending on defense 

Thats not something that can be ignored. Why not just continue with that to see where it goes

Like I said, I’m not against AP and I at this point fully expect him to be the hire and would be just fine with that. My only point is that it’s disingenuous to point at the last two seasons and put that all on Vrabel or to act like we know what his ceiling can be. Those Tennessee rosters were not stacked like some want to make them out to be. 

3 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Dude, same. Drives me nuts. I am not saying his coaching will be on the level of McVay (although he 100% has that potential) but I am simply comparing his innovation and creativity is that of a McVay, Shanahan, etc, which doesn’t come around every single coaching cycle. 

See, but you are. And you use this hyperbole a lot. Any coach has 100% potential to be anything, that is a compete misnomer. AP has 100% potential to be the next Bill Belichick, so we should just hire him. 6 rings is greater than 1. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Could they possibly be waiting to interview someone who is still involved in the playoffs?

I though this, but saw this:

So you can do virtual interviews with these coaches. The Raiders don't appear to be doing even that. 

• Like 1