Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

I think Jim would be the only coach Mark would hire ahead of AP if things don’t go off the rail. Can’t deny the success track record any where he goes. Every spot he has won and it was instant. He would embrace the Raider way. He would put together a strong staff. Hiring Jim would also still open the door for AP to stay with the team. I don’t think this would be like a Rich situation where he leaves. 

• Like 2

On 11/18/2023 at 6:21 PM, big_palooka said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47zbp55k876qojc3pdq3

Every time the Raiders job is available, John Harbaugh is linked. I'm not ready for the 3 month rumor mill on the subject again.

I’m not surprised if he wants the job. He almost certainly did last time.

The thing is that for whatever reason Mark didn’t want him. I know Mark admitted he got tunnel vision on both the Gruden and McDaniels hires, and has promised he won’t do that again, but I’ll believe there’s any interest from the team’s side if an interview happens.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Really don’t like the idea of hiring another ego maniac who would likely have too much control. 

Sign me up. I'll die on this hill and take my pride with me.  I rarely take hard line stances but Harbough would turn us into a winning franchise.  He's never not done it. Anyone saying he would fail has the burden of proof that he would, because he's only ever won, everywhere, with anyone. 

17 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Sign me up. I'll die on this hill and take my pride with me.  I rarely take hard line stances but Harbough would turn us into a winning franchise.  He's never not done it. Anyone saying he would fail has the burden of proof that he would, because he's only ever won, everywhere, with anyone. 

To say hes only ever won, when he didnt win a SB in SF, and has yet to win a NC in Michigan seems a little strange to me. 

he has built some incredible programs / teams, to then be ran out of the building because he is tough to get a long with...

do we credit Marv Levy as all he does is win... 4 straight superbowl losses lol

Edited by BackinBlack
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

To say hes only ever won, when he didnt win a SB in SF, and has yet to win a NC in Michigan seems a little strange to me. 

he has built some incredible programs / teams, to then be ran out of the building because he is tough to get a long with...

It's fact he's built some successful programs, it's nothing but speculation that he's been run out due to him being hard to get along with.   It has been explored a lot, and while it's fact that Harbough turned that program around, no one know whether it was the owner/GM that was the aggressor or if it was Harbough. I mean, if I built a program like SF had and I was Harbough, and your GM starts telling me I have to do things "his" way...I'd have a problem too.  And, it's only ever happened that one time.  He wasn't run out of SDSU or Michigan because of those reasons. 

I agree to the former, what I meant by "win" was "building a program that will be a contention to win it all".  It's impossible to hire someone that will 100% win you a superbowl. But it is possible to hire someone who you know can make you a superbowl contender.  Just give me that chance year in and year out.  You phrased it well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

do we credit Marv Levy as all he does is win... 4 straight superbowl losses lol

Count me in for a few years of incredible teams, even if we have to run him out of the building a few years down the line.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 8:49 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

WTF are people talking about? Harbaugh has turned around three programs.

He’s a  proven commodity, he can make the Raiders into champions.

He's the only clear head coaching candidate that you can say you will get a gurenteed return on your investment

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

It's fact he's built some successful programs, it's nothing but speculation that he's been run out due to him being hard to get along with.   It has been explored a lot, and while it's fact that Harbough turned that program around, no one know whether it was the owner/GM that was the aggressor or if it was Harbough. I mean, if I built a program like SF had and I was Harbough, and your GM starts telling me I have to do things "his" way...I'd have a problem too.  And, it's only ever happened that one time.  He wasn't run out of SDSU or Michigan because of those reasons. 

I agree to the former, what I meant by "win" was "building a program that will be a contention to win it all".  It's impossible to hire someone that will 100% win you a superbowl. But it is possible to hire someone who you know can make you a superbowl contender.  Just give me that chance year in and year out.  You phrased it well. 

This. 

So he didn't win a SB in SF- he was always sniffing one. Even some of the best to ever do it only ever won 1 in an entire NFL career. Some never even made it. 

The GM situation in SF was weird amd got weirder before Lynch and Shanahan came in. Pre-Shanahan hire, I'd bet good money that the Yorks would have welcomed Harbaugh back with open arms were he willing to take it.