Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

A little weird that we have no announcement for a GM yet 

Yeah. Vic Tafur said it’s at “1st & goal but MD is in no rush”.

Surely the quicker they get this thing over and done with, the quicker they can start to fill the other staffing positions. If you really know who you’re going to hire, there’s no point in sitting on it for no reason. This team is infuriating.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, reddevil said:

This is my main criticism. Where is the harm in using this opportunity to interview as many people as you can? You can get insight into a number of young/upcoming coaches that may be options in the future. And you can hear the opinion of experienced coaches on where they see the issues in the organisation, roster etc. All really useful information, even if your mind is made up.

I suppose it could be the case that coaches are all too aware that AP is getting the job, but it’s hard not to put this down as another botched effort from Davis. Another time he has been exposed as not quite having the nous or savvy to best coordinate a process.

And I like MD and I see AP as one of the best options and would be excited to see him continue what he started. I do see it as a missed opportunity for the organisation to learn

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yep, you might also be playing against that coach too at some point, so to have him go through his philosophy and puck his brains a little could be useful. 

It’s underwhelming to say the least how few genuine candidates we’ve brought in, seems like Frazier and Richards are being lined up as backup DC candidates as someone here said in case Graham gets a HC job and leaves.

Perhaps Mark is not big on Virtual meetings…unless it was an overhead projector lol

10 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I wouldn’t be against it since the continuity would be there but I have more questions in the HC duties with Graham.

What was Graham doing under McDaniels differently than under AP? We instantly got better on defense from some changes

Peters matador tackling wasn’t put up with anymore. Cut and then signed Jones who is cheaper, younger and better. 

Koonce went from questionable FA to bring back to helping Crobsy + Koonce being the top QB pressures in the NFL. 

Kicked Wilson inside and looked better year

Not what I asked. How would you feel about AP being the head coach if he didn't have Graham as his DC who was largely responsible for the defense. 

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Surely the quicker they get this thing over and done with, the quicker they can start to fill the other staffing positions. If you really know who you’re going to hire, there’s no point in sitting on it for no reason. This team is infuriating.

It is. To wait this long to simply hire guys in house is obnoxious. Especially when you can have a leg up on interviewing staff.

Chicago and New Orleans are lining up interviews with Zac Robinson (Rams QB coach) and Klint Kubiak (49ers) for their OC spots. Both guys who should be priority interviews here. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Not what I asked. How would you feel about AP being the head coach if he didn't have Graham as his DC who was largely responsible for the defense. 

Sure, Rob Leonard the DL coach could be ready to step up as DC.  If they want to go the experience route, Marvin Lewis was in the building assisting with the defense too. He would be a great DC replacement as well

• He heard the hold up may be the fact we're waiting to interview someone still coaching this weekend.
  • He agrees this process is dragging out way too long and causing unneeded angst amongst players IF we do simply keep AP/Champ. There's no point in taking this long if we are retaining those two. If we hire elsewhere, it makes sense to take this long.
Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

That’s irrelevant what happens after games as long as it doesn’t interfere with on field success.

The results we saw under AP can’t be ignored. We saw player development, discipline and progress 

But they aren’t mutually exclusive to him. Any number of coaches can be an improvement on what JMD brought to the team.

And the offense was largely the same in terms of progress. Thats my biggest concern. We are hiring a HEAD coach they have to be able to better both sides of the ball. That’s a big reason why I haven’t pounded the table for a guy like Johnson who is an offensive wunderkin because I don’t know what he’ll bring on the defensive side of the ball. The only HC I want is Harbaugh because his teams are great on both sides of the ball and he’s great at building a coaching staff. 

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:
  • He heard the hold up may be the fact we're waiting to interview someone still coaching this weekend.
  • He agrees this process is dragging out way too long and causing unneeded angst amongst players IF we do simply keep AP/Champ. There's no point in taking this long if we are retaining those two. If we hire elsewhere, it makes sense to take this long.

Watched maxx talk with baldy seems like the decision has been made. Raiders fashion I’d bet we find out this weekend just to be top news over the playoffs 

9 hours ago, Nightmare said:

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think have the first couple dominos lined up but are concerned with what happens with next few after.  Also this might not be their first choice but rather an acceptable choice.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Just listened to this.  If that were the case, who are the potential candidates?