Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:
  • He heard the hold up may be the fact we're waiting to interview someone still coaching this weekend.
  • He agrees this process is dragging out way too long and causing unneeded angst amongst players IF we do simply keep AP/Champ. There's no point in taking this long if we are retaining those two. If we hire elsewhere, it makes sense to take this long.

He made it sound like the staff is going to stay intact. If that is the case, ooof

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He made it sound like the staff is going to stay intact. If that is the case, ooof

I didn't finish it, but that is alarming if true. I just can't see it. Earlier this month he noted the fact our OL coach leaving is enormous as that shows that side of the ball is going to get an overhaul. We didn't even try to block him.

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I didn't finish it, but that is alarming if true. I just can't see it. Earlier this month he noted the fact our OL coach leaving is enormous as that shows that side of the ball is going to get an overhaul. We didn't even try to block him.

I recently read per ESPN the Oline was not liked much. They didn't want him back. More that then them breaking up the offensive staff. 

He needs to nail the OC hire. Cannot go with Hardegree. 

6 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Marvin Lewis set to join the offensive staff in some capacity. That's, interesting....I think a lot of us thought he'd have a good chance to join AP's coaches but in a defensive role. Damn good coach nonetheless 

I’m assuming that was a typo on the “offensive” tweet re: Marvin Lewis. I doubt AP is gonna bring him in for anything other than a role on D.. Maybe Graham is on the way out and he’ll be a DC for us.. or Graham stays and he’s a senior asst sort of role.. we ain’t trying Matt Patricia round 2 over here after that failed DC to OC experiment looool.

12 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

I’m assuming that was a typo on the “offensive” tweet re: Marvin Lewis. I doubt AP is gonna bring him in for anything other than a role on D.. Maybe Graham is on the way out and he’ll be a DC for us.. or Graham stays and he’s a senior asst sort of role.. we ain’t trying Matt Patricia round 2 over here after that failed DC to OC experiment looool.

“Lewis certainly has the credentials to be a worthy mentor to Pierce. Lewis was the head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals from 2003-18. He had a coaching record of 131-122-3 in 16 seasons with the Bengals. He was the NFL coach of the year in 2009.

Lewis, 65,has 26 years of NFL coaching experience including a stretch as the Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator when they won the Super Bowl in the 2000 season.”

lewis has value and experience as a hc that pierce imo will use as a key resource.