Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

The fact Kelly isn't already the GM is strange, something is wrong. I don't see why Kelly would stay in LV if Dodds is the GM or some other random title that just confuses the process. I think Mark may just prefer Dodds. I'm assuming Dodds is on board with AP as Head Coach since that hire already took place and now Mark has to pick Dodds or Kelly. Its pretty important because whoever ends up GM will have control over the roster.

Can someone explain to me why everyone is clamoring for Ed Dodds over Champ Kelly?

It seems like everyone in the Colts front office is still riding on the reputation of drafting Quenton Nelson and Shaquille Leonard 5-6 years ago. What exactly has that front office done recently for the 2nd in command to garner so much love and affection from the Raiders fan base? 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Can someone explain to me why everyone is clamoring for Ed Dodds over Champ Kelly?

It seems like everyone in the Colts front office is still riding on the reputation of drafting Quenton Nelson and Shaquille Leonard 5-6 years ago. What exactly has that front office done recently for the 2nd in command to garner so much love and affection from the Raiders fan base? 

Presumed Harbaugh connection and an ok track record. He's been part of some organizations with sustained success- for the most part. 

That said, his forte seems to be draft evaluations and...well Seattle nor Indy have had a ton of luck in that department during his tenure. 

That said, he blows Chump Kelly's resume out of the water. 

It's the ABC's- Anybody But Champ. I get your question- mine is why the heck would anyone want Champ Kelly for a full GM role beyond him apparently being tight with AP? What's he actually done? Where does he stand out? As a guy relatively high up the corporate ladder of a few failed regimes, what has he accomplished that stands out as not just another cog in a  wheel nobody should want to replicate 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Presumed Harbaugh connection and an ok track record. He's been part of some organizations with sustained success- for the most part. 

That said, his forte seems to be draft evaluations and...well Seattle nor Indy have had a ton of luck in that department during his tenure. 

That said, he blows Chump Kelly's resume out of the water. 

It's the ABC's- Anybody But Champ. I get your question- mine is why the heck would anyone want Champ Kelly for a full GM role beyond him apparently being tight with AP? What's he actually done? Where does he stand out? As a guy relatively high up the corporate ladder of a few failed regimes, what has he accomplished that stands out as not just another cog in a  wheel nobody should want to replicate 

I’d rather have Champ personally. I thought he did well in his GM tryout (picked up Jack Jones, supported AP’s culture change, etc.) and think he has earned a shot to continue building alongside AP. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I’d rather have Champ personally. I thought he did well in his GM tryout (picked up Jack Jones, supported AP’s culture change, etc.) and think he has earned a shot to continue building alongside AP. 

For me it's simple: I think whatever happens going forward, has to be on one accord. I think Champ Kelly/AP combo gives the best chance of that.

22 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

TBH with you, I'm in the boat that we should have interviewed everyone available and picked the best candidate for both the GM and HC as a unit.  I do not understand why we didn't take the interview process more seriously.  Because of the way he went about doing this, M. Davis will never know who was available or what others may have brought into the building had he taken the process more seriously.

I think AP and CK will do alright (if CK ends up being the pick), but the way we went about hiring AP was lackluster.  I really dislike that the players tried to have so much influence in the hiring process.  But this will be a lesson to them if this ends up backfiring and we turn into a 4-5 win team this upcoming season.

• Like 1

God no to Telesco. I can believe the report about his hand being forced with HC hirings.

DO NOT believe anything about him being limited from Cap restraints.....theyv'e spent GOBS of money

Also, every pick from rounds 2-7 has been horrible in a decade with the chargers. Outside maybe 1 or two players. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NickButera said:

God no to Telesco. I can believe the report about his hand being forced with HC hirings.

DO NOT believe anything about him being limited from Cap restraints.....theyv'e spent GOBS of money

Also, every pick from rounds 2-7 has been horrible in a decade with the chargers. Outside maybe 1 or two players. 

I don’t mind him having a role in the front office. Perhaps Asst GM. He did draft Tuli Tuipulotu in the 2nd this past season but I understand your reserves on Telesco