Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Small sample size. And there is a lot more to the HC job than on the field. 

Staff, which we've exhausted. How they run the offseason. How they are in the draft. How they approach OTA's, training camps, etc. 

Thing I like about AP is attaching himself to Marvin Lewis who did it at a high level for a long time. Underrated addition to the staff. 

Sure I agree with all the other stuff. I was just making the point that he's not the same as kitchens, because kitchens was an interim OC.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

It's Jason Garrett who was less interim and more groomed for the job in Dallas. He went 8-8 his first 3 seasons.

Jason Garrett 80-64, 3 playoffs - 1 win

Mike Tice 32-32, 1 playoff

Mike Mularkey 18-14, 1 playoff

Doug Marrone 22-42, 1 playoff

Leslie Frazier 18-29-1, 1 playoff

Tom Cable 13-19

Mike Singletary 13-18

**** LeBeau 8-24

Dave McGinnis 16-32

Romeo Crennel 2-14

Pretty bleak list for sure. 

Tice, Murlarkey, Cable, and Singletary were alright to varying degrees, but nothing spectacular. Only Tice and Murlarkey maaaaybe deserved some future consideration. 

The rest were just bad. 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

The odds interim coaches being successful and the odds of college to pro coaches are probably similar

Probably so. 

The only one I can think of in recent memory is Pete Carroll though, and he had experience at both levels before becoming the highly regarded Coach Pete of USC and Seattle. 

Dude is one of the best of all time, imo. Should have had multiple championships at both levels, which is beyond impressive. 

18 minutes ago, Raidersrule said:

I like the amount of oc interviews going on with no gm in place 😂🥴

I am appreciative of the fact that we're doing our due diligence with the OC.  We may not have put a lot of time and effort into our HC position, but at least we know what we need and right now we definitely need an OC.

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

The odds interim coaches being successful and the odds of college to pro coaches are probably similar

Harbaugh is like Pete Carroll though dude is an all time coaching great, he wouldn't have failed at Poly or ASU like AP.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I am appreciative of the fact that we're doing our due diligence with the OC.  We may not have put a lot of time and effort into our HC position, but at least we know what we need and right now we definitely need an OC.

Guessing they are getting a wide view of people. Some might get other jobs on staff outside the OC position. 

Getsy... has to be to get intel on Fields potentially. 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Still no GM? I'm assuming AP gets full personnel control?

In no world would this ever happen.  It's ridiculous to even think it let alone assume it's going to happen. 

Where do you even come up with these ideas? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

In no world would this ever happen.  It's ridiculous to even think it let alone assume it's going to happen. 

If Kelly is retained I think it's pretty fair to assume AP will have a very heavy influence on personnel, I wouldn't even be surprised if he is the main one making decisions. Hiring him first definitely created that hierarchy of the coach being the head honcho again.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Kelly is retained I think it's pretty fair to assume AP will have a very heavy influence on personnel, I wouldn't even be surprised if he is the main one making decisions. Hiring him first definitely created that hierarchy of the coach being the head honcho again.

Actually I think that's very far fetched and logically that has a very tiny percent chance of happening. You don't have a shred of proof, smoke, interviews, nothing, to support that idea. It's happening in your head maybe because you want to try to create arguments to argue against. Straw man, remember? 

But that facts say that Davis fired McDaniels because he had control but didn't exercise it. When things got out of control, the buck stopped with him. As has been reported, "he just didn't use his control".  Davis wants a GM that has the final say, and logic says whoever is hired will have that control. 

Davis doesn't want to make the same mistakes twice, which is why hired AP this go around. The same goes to reason with his GM. Most likely the final GM candidates were all on board with AP as HC which is why he pulled the trigger. But if AP starts performing badly, I would bet my bottom dollar whoever is GM will be allowed to can him and find another coach.