Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Actually I think that's very far fetched and logically that has a very tiny percent chance of happening. You don't have a shred of proof, smoke, interviews, nothing, to support that idea. It's happening in your head maybe because you want to try to create arguments to argue against. Straw man, remember? 

But that facts say that Davis fired McDaniels because he had control but didn't exercise it. When things got out of control, the buck stopped with him. As has been reported, "he just didn't use his control".  Davis wants a GM that has the final say, and logic says whoever is hired will have that control. 

Davis doesn't want to make the same mistakes twice, which is why hired AP this go around. The same goes to reason with his GM. Most likely the final GM candidates were all on board with AP as HC which is why he pulled the trigger. But if AP starts performing badly, I would bet my bottom dollar whoever is GM will be allowed to can him and find another coach. 

We've literally hired a head coach before a GM in three straight cycles and in the previous two instances the HC had final say over all personnel decisions. The fact that we hired AP before a GM points to him being the main guy in control of the team and I think it's safe to assume he will have a heavy influence in personnel decisions based on the hierarchy.

Ziegler was supposedly in control of personnel decisions and it later was revealed JMD had final say. I think they want Dodds but he wants the Chargers so Kelly and AP will be a package deal.

Edited by NYRaider

I was fine with the hire of AP as I figured Harbaugh was sticking to Michigan. 

If Harbaugh and Dodds both go to the Chargers.....that's a huge blow to us, regardless of how it works out for them, given the mess the Chargers are in with cap, age, etc. 

AP had better be THAT GUY right out the gate or it's going to be another absolute embarrassment. The pressure on him keeps rising with every hire and interview for us and everyone else. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ziegler was supposedly in control of personnel decisions and it later was revealed JMD had final say. I think they want Dodds but he wants the Chargers so Kelly and AP will be a package deal.

But Davis FIRED Ziegler because he wasn't exercising his control.  All the post-firing interviews with Davis, he said "Ziegler had the authority, whether or not he exercised it was another thing". 

It was literally the underlying reason Mark fired him.  Josh made the decisions and Dave didn't stop him because he was scared to go against his friend. 

To say AP will have final say over the roster because JMD did is completely ignoring the reasons the previous duo got let go and what Mark wants out of the next group, to not make the same mistakes. 

• Like 1

How about Arthur Smith, HC experience. Built a solid run game that can work with a good defense. Did well with Tannehill. 

Eric Bienemy, experienced OC with knowledge of the division. 

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Isn't Bienemy have the title assistant HC? 

I thought that was the reason he left KC. I can't see him laterally moving anywhere anymore, he's in line for a HC spot soon. 

27 minutes ago, NickButera said:

But Davis FIRED Ziegler because he wasn't exercising his control.  All the post-firing interviews with Davis, he said "Ziegler had the authority, whether or not he exercised it was another thing". 

It was literally the underlying reason Mark fired him.  Josh made the decisions and Dave didn't stop him because he was scared to go against his friend. 

To say AP will have final say over the roster because JMD did is completely ignoring the reasons the previous duo got let go and what Mark wants out of the next group, to not make the same mistakes. 

Again I think when you're hiring the coach before the GM you create a weird power structure off of the rip. I highly doubt that Ed Dodds or other legitimate GM candidates were stoked to hear that they'd have to keep AP as opposed to being able to go through a real hiring process.

8 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Isn't Bienemy have the title assistant HC? 

I thought that was the reason he left KC. I can't see him laterally moving anywhere anymore, he's in line for a HC spot soon. 

Depending on who they hire for HC he may be out of a job. He’s supposed to have been a HC for a while now. 

17 minutes ago, Geezy said:

How about Arthur Smith, HC experience. Built a solid run game that can work with a good defense. Did well with Tannehill. 

Arthur Smith was god awful in Atlanta, I'm sure Adams would be pretty meh on that.

Well, Well. I don't know what to think of this, honestly. The Chargers are a horror show. Built a good roster and still.never went anywhere. Never won a Super Bowl.

Someone tell me why we would want anyone from that organization. I smell Herock. Again.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Arthur Smith was god awful in Atlanta, I'm sure Adams would be pretty meh on that.

As a HC, a lot of guys are meant to be coordinators like our last scrub HC