Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

49 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’ll eat my crow. I said we weren’t Hiring Telesco as GM.

And looks like we are. Herock at it again

This doesn't happen with AP signing off. He's been in every meeting. 

Can't blame things you don't like on someone else and give credit for the things you do to AP. 

• Like 1

Telesco is a nightmare. 

Cap Hell, here we come!

Built one of the best rosters in the NFL over a decade? More like one of the most overrated and underachieving rosters in the last 2 decades. 

We bungled this one again. Good grief. Amateurs. All of them. 

• Like 1

This might work. Honestly, it might. But you guys can't lie to me about it being funny that Mark really said "I am **** at hiring" and paired that with the sentiment "I don't want to pair a new HC and GM". Like lmaoo, bro you are not good at this. Sit tf down

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This might work. Honestly, it might. But you guys can't lie to me about it being funny that Mark really said "I am **** at hiring" and paired that with the sentiment "I don't want to pair a new HC and GM". Like lmaoo, bro you are not good at this. Sit tf down

He’s horrible at it. He has zero eye for up and coming coaching talent, because he’s not a football mind. Al Davis was a coach, he was a pioneer, he was an offensive innovator. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We completely botched the hiring process yet again. How long it took to interview, eventually hire, when we announced, the order the GM/HC were hired, the other options over those selected...

Just brutal lol.

If this works, it will NOT be because of his process.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If this works, it will NOT be because of his process.

Agree. MD was so quickly and easily moved from his initial plan. He actually said he was going to do it differently- thorough search…GM first.

To be derailed by whatever was going on in the background to hire AP without interviewing anyone else meaningful first and the domino effect that hiring his inexperience to influence your choice of GM really doesn’t give off the impression of a competent leader if a multi- billion dollar organisation 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Agree. MD was so quickly and easily moved from his initial plan. He actually said he was going to do it differently- thorough search…GM first.

To be derailed by whatever was going on in the background to hire AP without interviewing anyone else meaningful first and the domino effect that hiring his inexperience to influence your choice of GM really doesn’t give off the impression of a competent leader if a multi- billion dollar organisation 

He is a loser. Sometimes he does things right but he has no process because he's not a smart guy. He was handed this team by his daddy. Most people don't move up the ladder without skills.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This doesn't happen with AP signing off. He's been in every meeting. 

Can't blame things you don't like on someone else and give credit for the things you do to AP. 

I don’t have an issue with the hiring of Telesco 

I am good Telesco as GM. Not my first choice, same as HC, but I do like his track record of first round picks. He's not hiring a coach luckily, we have that.  If he nails the #13 pick it would go a long way towards contention in the short-term. He can do that at an above-average clip.

He's gotta chill with the contracts though, so I get the hesitation, I'm not dying on that hill. They are in cap hell now, no denying that. I like it from an early draft perspective which we are arguably the worst. Top-end talent on rookie deals is what we desperately need. 

Don't care that he was hired after AP, more mountains out of molehills there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Telesco is a nightmare. 

Cap Hell, here we come!

Built one of the best rosters in the NFL over a decade? More like one of the most overrated and underachieving rosters in the last 2 decades. 

I heard that he didn't make the contract decisions actually. The thing that I am more worried about is the fact that he doesn't know how to hire coaches. So if Pierce doesn't work out....

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Telesco is a nightmare. 

Cap Hell, here we come!

Tom Delany is the cap guy in Vegas and has been great at his job. 

While not my first choice, I'm not completely bearish on the hire. His roster underachieved, but they have had terrible coaching. Chicken and the egg argument. And they dealt with a ton of high level injuries. 

Basically if you buy AP is the guy, then you buy this move working. I'm skeptical. 

• Like 4