Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You said "Herock at it again" in regards to the hiring. Why would you say that if you don't have an issue with it? Seems odd.

Seems odd? Herock could have definitely had a say in it advising Mark. But I admittedly caught in the moment. I don’t have an issue with the hire. I see the logic behind it

38 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Edgar Bennett at OC? Would think he’d have the experience. Wouldn’t hate it. 

I agree but my problem with that is why wasn't he initially promoted at OC over a quarterback coach was never done it before?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I agree but my problem with that is why wasn't he initially promoted at OC over a quarterback coach was never done it before?

Yea, I agree that it was a strange call. Maybe because Bo had a better relationship with AOC and would be more In tune with what he was comfortable running. Who knows 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Tom Delany is the cap guy in Vegas and has been great at his job. 

While not my first choice, I'm not completely bearish on the hire. His roster underachieved, but they have had terrible coaching. Chicken and the egg argument. And they dealt with a ton of high level injuries. 

Basically if you buy AP is the guy, then you buy this move working. I'm skeptical. 

Eh. 

I said with regards to AP/Kelly that AP would need a great GM to succeed and that Kelly would need a great HC to look like a good GM. 

IMO, Telesco isn't a particularly good GM. 

If he doesn't have much to do with the salary cap, that's a plus, but means he's basically a Draft and FA point man. 

Drafts....ok so he seems alright at it. Nothing overly outstanding, nothing immediately egregious. Some injuries....are they freak or poor scouting? Focusing on the trenches are a plus- regardless of the success, I can appreciate the attempt. 

FA....man there's a lot of big whiffs. Only thing that stands out wasn't even a signing, rather the Mack trade which, ok? Chicago had to move him and anyone could throw a big package for a known super talent. 

For the job he'll apparently have in Vegas, I'm not seeing it. A lot of the better draft picks were no-brainers, nothing outstanding. His FA choices have been grim. 

I really can't see this working out myself. Telesco doesn't seem creative enough nor does he possess enough of an eye for talent to elevate a HC, and AP needed that. AP isn't the cosch that's going to make salad out of you know what to make Telesco's lofe easier. I can't help but think nobody comes out looking very good in a year or two. We'd have to sustain a high level on D......which I'm skeptical of, but now we absolutely have to nail the OC pick- and to nail it is to have someone we lose in a season or so.

I'm with you on this- skeptical. Such a good potential offseason and our moves are about as exciting as a wet fart so far. And the way we did it feels akin to downing a Taco Bell party pack and being surprised by said wet fart. 

Can we at least agree hiring Getsy would make this regime a failure before it starts and Mark, AP, and Telesco have no idea what they are doing?

Watch all 32 coordinators, all 32 offenses… Getsy was the worst in the league. Not hyperbole. Canada at least had some redeeming moments (he’s pretty frickin awful too though). 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Probably one of the few GM's that wanted to work with AP

I can see this. The percentage of interim coaches who succeed, and lack of experience, are mind boggling small. Add on top of that, AP is not an x’s and o’s guy, which is an even lower bar for potential success. People wanna bring up interim coaches like Arians? Arians is an x’s and o’s genius and was in Head Coaching talks for years already. 

If I was a GM, I wouldn’t attach myself to AP when I can pick my own guy… Harbaugh, Bill, Slowik, Ben Johnson…

We were likely Telesco’s only option. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Can we at least agree hiring Getsy would make this regime a failure before it starts and Mark, AP, and Telesco have no idea what they are doing?

Watch all 32 coordinators, all 32 offenses… Getsy was the worst in the league. Not hyperbole. Canada at least had some redeeming moments (he’s pretty frickin awful too though). 

I am by no means a Getsy apologist but he had a trash OL and mediocre skill position players to work with in Chicago. Both him and Fields were put in unwinnable positions by Ryan Poles IMO.

With better talent to work with he could have upside as an OC. In fact, he designed some top notch play action schemes. (this is me preparing myself to cope with what would be an underwhelming hire). 

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Splitting hairs here but I think Canada is worse than Getsy lol

Would have to agree about potentially hiring Getsy as OC. He’s shown zero to offer any hope to get the offense running. 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Marvin Lewis is joining the Raiders, as a senior advisor/special assistant to the HC, per

@VinnyBonsignore

he might slide into DC if Graham gets the job in Seattle. Am I the only one who wouldn't be made to get those 2 3rd rounders for that to happen

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I am by no means a Getsy apologist but he had a trash OL and mediocre skill position players to work with in Chicago. Both him and Fields were put in unwinnable positions by Ryan Poles IMO.

With better talent to work with he could have upside as an OC. In fact, he designed some top notch play action schemes. (this is me preparing myself to cope with what would be an underwhelming hire). 

This is a cope post. His scheme and play calling sequences are both disastrous.