Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Can we at least agree hiring Getsy would make this regime a failure before it starts and Mark, AP, and Telesco have no idea what they are doing?

Watch all 32 coordinators, all 32 offenses… Getsy was the worst in the league. Not hyperbole. Canada at least had some redeeming moments (he’s pretty frickin awful too though). 

Getsy wasn’t worse than Canada, Thomas Brown, Brian Johnson, Mick Lombardi, and Hackett. Hackett offense had a record TD scoreless streak. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Eh. 

I said with regards to AP/Kelly that AP would need a great GM to succeed and that Kelly would need a great HC to look like a good GM. 

IMO, Telesco isn't a particularly good GM. 

If he doesn't have much to do with the salary cap, that's a plus, but means he's basically a Draft and FA point man. 

Drafts....ok so he seems alright at it. Nothing overly outstanding, nothing immediately egregious. Some injuries....are they freak or poor scouting? Focusing on the trenches are a plus- regardless of the success, I can appreciate the attempt. 

FA....man there's a lot of big whiffs. Only thing that stands out wasn't even a signing, rather the Mack trade which, ok? Chicago had to move him and anyone could throw a big package for a known super talent. 

For the job he'll apparently have in Vegas, I'm not seeing it. A lot of the better draft picks were no-brainers, nothing outstanding. His FA choices have been grim. 

I really can't see this working out myself. Telesco doesn't seem creative enough nor does he possess enough of an eye for talent to elevate a HC, and AP needed that. AP isn't the cosch that's going to make salad out of you know what to make Telesco's lofe easier. I can't help but think nobody comes out looking very good in a year or two. We'd have to sustain a high level on D......which I'm skeptical of, but now we absolutely have to nail the OC pick- and to nail it is to have someone we lose in a season or so.

I'm with you on this- skeptical. Such a good potential offseason and our moves are about as exciting as a wet fart so far. And the way we did it feels akin to downing a Taco Bell party pack and being surprised by said wet fart. 

I'd have to look, but do know Casey Heyward was a FA signing who became a 2 time all-pro with the Chargers. In any event, FA signings are always going to be 50/50. 

I don't want to judge harshly until we see how he builds the roster this offseason. You never know how much say the owner has when it comes to a GM. He's getting a fresh start, so let's see what he does with it. 

Not the most inspiring hire. Don't like that he was shoehorned in after the AP hire. 

Going to need to nail the the staff hires. Need good assistants who can teach and develop with AP/TT running the ship.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Raiders are interviewing Kliff Kingsbury for OC this week

Kliff at least needs 2-3 years being an OC to be considered for a HC job again. Got a chance to stick around for awhile

Zac Robinson with a good season will be a HC candidate in less time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Kliff at least needs 2-3 years being an OC to be considered for a HC job again. Got a chance to stick around for awhile

Zac Robinson with a good season will be a HC candidate in less time.

he's the best case scenario if they find a qb that actually can run

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 10:33 AM, Humble_Beast said:

Ben Johnson should have been the hire. Motivational coaches have a ceiling Commanders going do what I wish we did: Hire Ben Johnson and draft Caleb Williams. But we won games and smoked cigars after missing the playoffs. 

He didn't want the job, Quinn and Kingsbury is basically the A++++ version of AP and Getsy.