Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

I would definitely have an interest in Saleh if he were available. Good culture guy, runs a mean defense, and you’d assume would have more connections than Pierce to put a staff together.

The Jets have massively bungled their offense situation this season. Yeah, Rodgers getting hurt was unfortunate, but they stuck with Wilson for far, far too long when it’s clear he’s terrible, and should have tried to pick up someone else. I don’t think this is necessarily Saleh’s fault.

He’ll probably get another year anyway due to the Rodgers injury, so doubt he’ll be available.

23 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I would definitely have an interest in Saleh if he were available. Good culture guy, runs a mean defense, and you’d assume would have more connections than Pierce to put a staff together.

The Jets have massively bungled their offense situation this season. Yeah, Rodgers getting hurt was unfortunate, but they stuck with Wilson for far, far too long when it’s clear he’s terrible, and should have tried to pick up someone else. I don’t think this is necessarily Saleh’s fault.

He’ll probably get another year anyway due to the Rodgers injury, so doubt he’ll be available.

Saleh has proven to be super one dimensional as a head coach. He has given two hack's full control of the offense and it has held them back year after year.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I like him, can’t believe the Jets would let him go after what has clearly been something totally out of his control. I think he’s done really well considering what he’s left with. 

He’d be a viable candidate I think but if you’re going down that road I’d have to ask is he that big of an improvement over Pierce to risk upsetting the locker room apple cart? At least with a guy like Harbaugh we can justify why we let the no doubt incredibly popular Pierce go before the backlash.

Saleh is not a good HC. I'm not hiring any guy who's fired his first OC, then hired Nathaniel Hacket. And his inability to read the team and bench Zach Wilson was awful. Being hard headed to a fault is not how a HC should manage.

If you want the former DC route, go Dan Quinn. He's at least proven he can do it and hire the right people. And he's miles better DC than Saleh.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Saleh is not a good HC. I'm not hiring any guy who's fired his first OC, then hired Nathaniel Hacket. And his inability to read the team and bench Zach Wilson was awful. Being hard headed to a fault is not how a HC should manage.

If you want the former DC route, go Dan Quinn. He's at least proven he can do it and hire the right people. And he's miles better DC than Saleh.

I think it’s too early to say he’s not a good head coach, after all he’s got the team as a whole playing well outside QB and most teams relying on their backups struggle.

Unless we’re going after a qualified, bona fide quality and proven coach such as Harbaugh then I think Pierce is probably as good a gamble as most. He’s in-situ, knows the players, has worked wonders with the LBs imo and seems to be able to lead and motivate thus far. An ‘outsider’ would have to have significant upside for me to take the chance.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think it’s too early to say he’s not a good head coach, after all he’s got the team as a whole playing well outside QB and most teams relying on their backups struggle.

Unless we’re going after a qualified, bona fide quality and proven coach such as Harbaugh then I think Pierce is probably as good a gamble as most. He’s in-situ, knows the players, has worked wonders with the LBs imo and seems to be able to lead and motivate thus far. An ‘outsider’ would have to have significant upside for me to take the chance.

21 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Regardless of who it is, this has to be the plan. Bring in one more CB. Add a few DL/OL. Draft a QB. Things are looking up.

Can someone point out this "phenomenal" class of DT/CB?

The Draft is pretty weak at both spots and FA is soft outside 2-3 guys who likely be franchised or re-signed:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/defensive-tackle//

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/cornerback//

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Darbsk said:

He was on the hot seat coming into the season. I think he's a good defensive coach. But his hiring is suboptimal on the offensive side. And decision making around the QB spot is indefensible. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

The Draft is pretty weak at both spots and FA is soft outside 2-3 guys who likely be franchised or re-signed:

He’s referring to the draft more so I think, which I agree with

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Yep that's what I mentioned about defensive tackles a few weeks ago. You're never going to find them in free agency because they never hit the market. Not the ones you want at least. You end up getting the ones that are semi-productive(at best) but are like 30 years old. We already have those.

Edited by Jeremy408

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He was on the hot seat coming into the season. I think he's a good defensive coach. But his hiring is suboptimal on the offensive side. And decision making around the QB spot is indefensible. 

I don’t disagree with most of that, but we should probably credit him with pushing the trade for Rodgers shouldn’t we? I don’t think he could have foreseen the very durable Rodgers being out all season after a handful of snaps and if he plays them surely they are a legitimate Championship contender given what they’ve done with Wilson. Seems strange to have such an obvious catalyst and yet Sarah is taking heat, I suppose they could have invested in another backup but surely part of the plan was to have Wilson sit and learn from Rodgers. What about the QB situation is a dire able offence to you? Not dumping Wilson sooner or not trading for a one year rental? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Just had a phenomenal rookie class of CB and DT incidentally 😞

On 11/25/2023 at 11:26 AM, Darbsk said:

Their offense is god awful despite having pretty good weapons and they've invested into the OL. How is that the rest of the team playing well outside of QB? Dude's offensive scheme (non-existent) has gotten worse after he fired a hack OC for an even worse OC that was just fired for what might have been the worst coaching job in NFL history. (Hackett)

Their offense isn't just bad, it is historically terrible. IIRC they're currently on pace to set the records for: least offensive TDs scored, worst red zone % ever, most points via FG ever. Some of it is obviously on Wilson but they've gotten worse with the same personnel. Not really the sign of a great coach to me personally. They have 11 TD in 11 games this season.

• Like 1