Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

14 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

How would you guys feel about Ron Rivera?

He's almost certainly out in Washington this season.

Solid reputation across the league and kept things moderately competitive in a franchise with a brutal culture/atmosphere. He could be a JDR 'steady the ship' type of name - but a better one than Del Rio.

I'm not sure if it would work for either party, honestly. He might want a more stable job, which unfortunately the Raiders gig does not qualifies as, and I'm not sure he's the "fit" that we are looking for going forward as a franchise in Las Vegas.

But just wondering if he might end up under consideration.

No more mediocre ****.

Go big: Ben Johnson/Harbaugh.

We have a decent defense and are a qb away from a good offense.

I am not a fan of being the team to give a coordinator their first shot.  Head Coaches rarely find success in their first gig and I find it disturbing to hire a guy knowing that his chance of success is "rare". Ben Johnson.....meh. Maybe. 

Give me Jason Garrett, Harbough, these kind of guys. I wouldn't be opposed to a Coach/QB combo from college. Just because it could be fun and we're in such a bad spot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Wait we still talking about Rich Bisaccia? lol

"we need Is Rich Bisaccia or similar type" . The point was that type of guy. Sometimes the hype man works. Dan Campbell is working right now. Someone who may not be Peyton Manning with Xs and Os but a true leader of men. I think everyone here has mentioned another big splash candidate. Harbaugh , Ben Johnson etc. Those are huge splashes that will cost money. Mark Davis has been burned huge with big money coaching hires.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NickButera said:

The saddest part is, most likely whoever comes in will find his own DC. Or maybe even be a DC and won't jive with Graham, all that progress could be gone to waste or start over. 

I'm sure we'll survive letting go of a DC that has been: 

2023 - 22nd in ppg / 19th in ypg / 24th in TO forced

2022 - 26th in ppg / 28th in ypg / 32nd in TO forced 

2021 - 23rd in ppg / 21st in ypg / 14th in TO forced

2020 - 9th in ppg / 12th in ypg / 10th in TO forced

2019 - 32nd in ppg / 30th in ypg / 28th in TO forced

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm sure we'll survive letting go of a DC that has been: 

2023 - 22nd in ppg / 19th in ypg / 24th in TO forced

2022 - 26th in ppg / 28th in ypg / 32nd in TO forced 

2021 - 23rd in ppg / 21st in ypg / 14th in TO forced

2020 - 9th in ppg / 12th in ypg / 10th in TO forced

2019 - 32nd in ppg / 30th in ypg / 28th in TO forced

Touche

12 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I get the feeling the Raiders will hire Harbaugh and draft J.J McCarthy.

this move would legit unite our fanbase which has been torn for a long time . 
Can mark make it happen?
Wed have like 30 mil tied into 3 HC next year , but it would be an incredible get for us. 

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

this move would legit unite our fanbase which has been torn for a long time . 
Can mark make it happen?
Wed have like 30 mil tied into 3 HC next year , but it would be an incredible get for us. 

I'm pretty sure we're not paying Gruden any more. I remember reading/hearing that he reached a settlement with the team at some point, which would explain why he was getting paid by the Saints as an offensive consultant this year, which I'm certain he wouldn't have been allowed to do if still "under contract" with the Raiders.

He probably took some kind of deal where he wouldn't get the full $100m in the original contract, but took a fair whack of a % of it as a lump sum pay-off. Undoubtedly costly to pay off, but thankfully not something we are still on the hook for going into future years.

• Like 2