Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

I'd be cool with continuing with Pierce as HC... as long as we hire a good OC. If the good OC candidates want to be head coach then that is fine too and hopefully Pierce would be willing to stay on and revert back to his role before.

I'm pretty open minded on HC but I want our defense to have more continuity and the offense needs someone with high IQ and ability to make adjustments in our favor.

I wouldn’t hate Pierce as HC but would take Harbaugh and Johnson over him. 

Being player friendly is cool but the players still need structure. Harbaugh has always seemed to excel at having a good balance of that. Bears will be all over him as well so it’s not gonna be easy to get him. AP more likely be a fall back option for the Raiders 

27 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I wouldn’t hate Pierce as HC but would take Harbaugh and Johnson over him. 

Being player friendly is cool but the players still need structure. Harbaugh has always seemed to excel at having a good balance of that. Bears will be all over him as well so it’s not gonna be easy to get him. AP more likely be a fall back option for the Raiders 

I agree I’d take Harbaugh over him. 

as far as structure goes though, he cut Teamer for being a dummy, cut Peter’s for not tackling, just had a 0 penalty game. 
outsider looking in, he’s making moves that I’d expect a non players coach to make. There seems to be structure and a clear understanding of what he expects from players

he’s clearly player coach first..: but cutting Peters is a big statement I think. 

29 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I agree I’d take Harbaugh over him. 

as far as structure goes though, he cut Teamer for being a dummy, cut Peter’s for not tackling, just had a 0 penalty game. 
outsider looking in, he’s making moves that I’d expect a non players coach to make. There seems to be structure and a clear understanding of what he expects from players

he’s clearly player coach first..: but cutting Peters is a big statement I think. 

Why wasn’t Teamer not at the team hotel? Night before home and away games. Players stay at a hotel so things like this doesn’t happen. And it still happened. That is not something small. Think there needs to be a more balance when it comes to how he handles the team. 

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Why wasn’t Teamer not at the team hotel? Night before home and away games. Players stay at a hotel so things like this doesn’t happen. And it still happened. That is not something small. Think there needs to be a more balance when it comes to how he handles the team. 

good question, that i dont have the answer too. 
Id imagine AP was more lienent with curfews, putting his trust in the players ( player coach), but Teamer messed up and cost him his job. 
Locking your players in their room the night before the game works in college, but, you end up with a locker room we had with jmd. 
There needs to be accountability and respect given to players... they are adults. Gotta find the balance. 

Teamer easy for him to cut as hes not a role player, but he still made the move, and hopefully talked to the entire team about how dumb it was of teamer. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Pierce as our head coach would be a Raider move and continue our commitment to mediocrity. He's not ready to be a full time head coach, he literally just got embarrassed by Andy Reid. 

Happened twice to Bisaccia and there are still fans saying he should have been kept.

7 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

I'd be cool with continuing with Pierce as HC... as long as we hire a good OC. If the good OC candidates want to be head coach then that is fine too and hopefully Pierce would be willing to stay on and revert back to his role before.

I'm pretty open minded on HC but I want our defense to have more continuity and the offense needs someone with high IQ and ability to make adjustments in our favor.

Speaking of OC candidates:

Frank Reich is free now - I think all in all He could be a better OC than he was as HC.

• Like 1