Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

31 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Speaking of OC candidates:

Frank Reich is free now - I think all in all He could be a better OC than he was as HC.

Honestly, the more comes out about Tepper, its easy to see Reich got absolutely screwed by an owner who has no clue what he's doing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think there's also a realistic chance that we keep Champ Kelly as our GM and hire a new coaching staff. I'm pretty sure that Kelly has interviewed for other GM spots and I know we interviewed him for the real GM spot before we hired Ziegler. IIRC Mark liked him so much that he ended up hiring him as the assistant GM, right?

Keeping Kelly would make it a lot easier to start the coaching search as soon as the season is over. We missed on quality candidates last round because we made the playoffs and were looking to hire a GM/HC at the same time.

I'm not sure about that one, but could definately happen.

Champ had a strong connection with JMD and DZ, so it might been those two pushing for him rather then MD wanted to keep him around...we will see I guess

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/news/mark-davis-dave-ziegler-champ-kelly-josh-mcdaniels-las-vegas-raiders

This was a brutal read. Seems like JMD tanked a lot of could have been Ziegler moves.

TLDR: Ziegler wanted to keep ingold, trade up for stroud, build the OL/DL. In Hondo's words "The Raiders would be better today had he done it his way, and so will his next franchise."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/news/mark-davis-dave-ziegler-champ-kelly-josh-mcdaniels-las-vegas-raiders

This was a brutal read. Seems like JMD tanked a lot of could have been Ziegler moves.

TLDR: Ziegler wanted to keep ingold, trade up for stroud, build the OL/DL. In Hondo's words "The Raiders would be better today had he done it his way, and so will his next franchise."

Ingold was a “significantly better option,“ according to a Raiders team source.

“Dave tried emphatically to explain to Josh that Ingold was not only a better player but respected in the locker room and revered in the community,“ the source said.

Brutal

• Like 1

DZ wanted to re-sign Stidham and bring in Brissett as competition. Wanted no part of Jimmy G due to injury history. Like many of us speculated it was a likely scenario 

JMD wanted Jimmy and he got his way instead

Brutal. We probably have 7 wins now with Brissett or Stidham starting. 

If we could of got Stroud (unlikely) but we certainly of traded Brissett or Stidham to a hungry QB time in season

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The coulda, woulda, shoulda gang. Any team that hires DZ as their GM would be making a mistake based on what he showed here. Dude's talent evaluation is cheeks, almost every player we've drafted sucks.

• Like 2