Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/news/mark-davis-dave-ziegler-champ-kelly-josh-mcdaniels-las-vegas-raiders

This was a brutal read. Seems like JMD tanked a lot of could have been Ziegler moves.

TLDR: Ziegler wanted to keep ingold, trade up for stroud, build the OL/DL. In Hondo's words "The Raiders would be better today had he done it his way, and so will his next franchise."

I read this. It all make sense given how DZ talked about building through the draft and for the future. I bought into that, I bought DZ,  but then the moves like signing Jimmy G spoke opposite of it. Now we know why. 

And while it all sounds good. Part of being a good GM is having a backbone. Ziegler seems to have caved to everything McDaniels wanted and got thrown out with him.

Does this bode well for your view of Champ Kelly?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I was waiting for the Dave Z article to come out that would start to separate himself from Josh.

I do believe the Stroud stuff because I remember hearing rumors about how the Raiders liked him. The other stuff idk

Right with you here. This article does feel like “Ziegler needs to get his narrative out so he will have a future in the league.”

And honestly, I do kinda feel like most things in that article are probably true, or at the very least close enough to the truth.

Probably the most interesting/revealing part for me came from this quote:

Another source who personally heard a conversation told me that McDaniels said, “If we have to worry about the pressure as much as you say, I have failed as a coach.”

That’s the kind of mentality which sums up why Josh isn’t and never will be a good HC. He thinks he’s so much better than he is, to the point of ignoring certain fundamental aspects of football and leadership.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I read this. It all make sense given how DZ talked about building through the draft and for the future. I bought into that, I bought DZ,  but then the moves like signing Jimmy G spoke opposite of it. Now we know why. 

And while it all sounds good. Part of being a good GM is having a backbone. Ziegler seems to have caved to everything McDaniels wanted and got thrown out with him.

Does this bode well for your view of Champ Kelly?

Yeah it does improve my opinion of Champ Kelly. I think he could be a decent GM if he gets a shot 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The coulda, woulda, shoulda gang. Any team that hires DZ as their GM would be making a mistake based on what he showed here. Dude's talent evaluation is cheeks, almost every player we've drafted sucks.

Not only that, he's clearly spineless.. 

Josh throws people under the bus. 

Dave throws Josh under the bus.  

None of them are professionals, none are grownups, and none deserve the keys to any team. 

I don't care who our next HC or GM are at this point so long as they understand their job and have a sack. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/news/mark-davis-dave-ziegler-champ-kelly-josh-mcdaniels-las-vegas-raiders

This was a brutal read. Seems like JMD tanked a lot of could have been Ziegler moves.

TLDR: Ziegler wanted to keep ingold, trade up for stroud, build the OL/DL. In Hondo's words "The Raiders would be better today had he done it his way, and so will his next franchise."

Thanks for posting this was looking forward to reading this article!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

DZ wanted to re-sign Stidham and bring in Brissett as competition. Wanted no part of Jimmy G due to injury history. Like many of us speculated it was a likely scenario 

JMD wanted Jimmy and he got his way instead

Brutal. We probably have 7 wins now with Brissett or Stidham starting. 

If we could of got Stroud (unlikely) but we certainly of traded Brissett or Stidham to a hungry QB time in season

Yeh, bringing back Stidham, signing Brissett as a reliable, experienced vet and trading up to draft Stroud I think is a plan we all could have seen the sense in even if we perhaps were higher on other players.

Maybe the individual cogs some people would have changed but that seems like a thought out, considered plan. Instead, we vastly overpaid an already injured Garoppolo and drafted a kid in the 4th round 🙁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Confirmed by ian: hondo drops more stuff than Vic and has been here for 3 years lmao

Hondo is such a shill though. Dude pimped himself out hard for McZeigler and is now trying to save face. 

"How Zeigler Could Have Saved the Raiders"? Seriously? He couldn't have. 

First and foremost, he didn't have the nads ro tell Josh no. 

Second, even if he did, what moves does Hondo bring up? Signing Brissett and Stidham instead of Jimmy? Still shilling for ex-Pats, I see. Ingold instead of Jakob Johnson was a franchise saving move? Gtfo. 

Moreover, it's even more laughable that Hondo is still low key trying to pimp out Josh. "He's no longer arrogant"? Yes he is. He was arrogant in his press conferences, he was arrogant about the Patriots Way, he was arrogant about his own perceived ability. "He learned from Denver". Did he? Because  I don't think he learned much of anything. Most of the moves made are near carbon copies of what went wrong there, too. 

Hondo just can't come to write anything solid that doesn't reek of affinity for those jokers  

Sorry, but Dave wasn't shafted or not given an opportunity. He just sucked at his job and wasn't on the verge of saving a damn thing, Hondo, no matter how much spin you try to put on it. The only thing he had going for him was not physically being Josh McDaniels, and that's about as relevant as saying Tom Cable has the best HC record of the Radera in the last 15+ years. Congrats on beating the lowest common denominator? Want a cookie? 🍪🥛

Dude nauseates me, for real. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Hondo is such a shill though. Dude pimped himself out hard for McZeigler and is now trying to save face. 

"How Zeigler Could Have Saved the Raiders"? Seriously? He couldn't have. 

First and foremost, he didn't have the nads ro tell Josh no. 

Second, even if he did, what moves does Hondo bring up? Signing Brissett and Stidham instead of Jimmy? Still shilling for ex-Pats, I see. Ingold instead of Jakob Johnson was a franchise saving move? Gtfo. 

Moreover, it's even more laughable that Hondo is still low key trying to pimp out Josh. "He's no longer arrogant"? Yes he is. He was arrogant in his press conferences, he was arrogant about the Patriots Way, he was arrogant about his own perceived ability. "He learned from Denver". Did he? Because  I don't think he learned much of anything. Most of the moves made are near carbon copies of what went wrong there, too. 

Hondo just can't come to write anything solid that doesn't reek of affinity for those jokers  

Sorry, but Dave wasn't shafted or not given an opportunity. He just sucked at his job and wasn't on the verge of saving a damn thing, Hondo, no matter how much spin you try to put on it. The only thing he had going for him was not physically being Josh McDaniels, and that's about as relevant as saying Tom Cable has the best HC record of the Radera in the last 15+ years. Congrats on beating the lowest common denominator? Want a cookie? 🍪🥛

Dude nauseates me, for real. 

You have clearly no idea how journalism works. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

You have clearly no idea how journalism works. 

A shill defending a shill. Whodathunkit? 

Say, you ever figure out how front offices work, champ? Or that head coaching isn't the same as coordinating an offense? Or football, in general? Probably not. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 12:50 AM, Styrian Raider said:

Speaking of OC candidates:

Frank Reich is free now - I think all in all He could be a better OC than he was as HC.

Antonio Pierce: HC

Frank Reich: OC/Assistant HC

Bo Hardegree: QB coach/Assistant OC

I'd be okay with that, at least temporarily.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Pretty much retaining Stidham and signing Brissett whilst trading up for Stroud would have been a ‘franchise saving’ move 😁 did you not see Garoppolo play?!?!?!

That move alone would have eradicated the biggest omnishambles of the McDaniels tenure. Sadly, I think McDaniels could still have messed it up with Stroud.

The other major takeaway for me that you might have missed is that it seems Zeigler wanted to build through the trenches whilst McDaniels apparently wanted skill position players and to simply out score people with his offence relying on the QB getting the ball out quickly before being obliterated 🙂

• Like 2

On 11/29/2023 at 12:50 AM, Styrian Raider said:

Speaking of OC candidates:

Frank Reich is free now - I think all in all He could be a better OC than he was as HC.

I would honestly be fine with him as HC under the right circumstances (short term with a succession plan in place a'la HC-in waiting). 

As OC would be a nuts hire.

But with what his buyouts from Indy and Carolina are, I think Frank is cool to just retire completely.