Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Bobby Slowik is another candidate… the things he’s done with guys like Stroud and Tank Dell this year are crazy. This dude literally started out as an intern for PFF like 14 years ago… nuts.

I like him and love the prospects of a Shanahan tree coach candidate. He's been around coahing his whole life. His dad is Bob Slowik who was a DC for several teams.

But he might need another year of seasoning. What he's done is impressive. I wouldn't be mad at it, but it would be a role of the dice.  

• Like 1

I also like the DC for the Ravens, can’t recall his name right now. They’ve had turnover of personnel but just keep producing year after year. That front 7 is playing great without any real star apart from Smith who’s playing better now than he ever has.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2023 at 4:13 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Frank Smith just doesn’t have a leadership vibe when I watch his interviews. Good offensive mind, but you need both. This is just a judgment call on my part, but I feel you can tell when someone is a leader or not.

Every candidate has question marks. My issue with Frank Smith is that he doesn’t call plays. So who would be his playcaller? Would he call plays? It’s same issue with EB that came up under Andy Reid. One has been more successful than the other 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Every candidate has question marks. My issue with Frank Smith is that he doesn’t call plays. So who would be his playcaller? Would he call plays? It’s same issue with EB that came up under Andy Reid. One has been more successful than the other 

Yeah just too many question marks around Frank Smith for me. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I think all signs are pointing in the direction where AP gets a 2 maybe 3 year deal. Low risk move for Mark that the fans will buy into. Won’t have to pay a lot as well. 

Yes. I thought that could be possible. Basically a one year + plus one extension to give him a full offseason. If next year works out, he will get a longer extension. If not, won’t pick it up.  Low risk , low financial commitment to since Mark work 2 large checks to Gruden and JMD. 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Mike McDaniel didn't call plays in SF. Smith is responsible for the concepts and designs in their run game which is top tier.

16 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I also like the DC for the Ravens, can’t recall his name right now. They’ve had turnover of personnel but just keep producing year after year. That front 7 is playing great without any real star apart from Smith who’s playing better now than he ever has.

Mike MacDonald. He's a great option to. Was really impressive at Michigan before coming back to John Harbaugh in Baltimore. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I think all signs are pointing in the direction where AP gets a 2 maybe 3 year deal. Low risk move for Mark that the fans will buy into. Won’t have to pay a lot as well. 

What signs? Everything was pretty negative after getting shellacked by the Chiefs. They haven't played since, so what points to him getting the job? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Mike McDaniel didn't call plays in SF. Smith is responsible for the concepts and designs in their run game which is top tier.

And? That doesn’t equal success for another. It’s still a question mark. Designing concepts and designs are great but can he call plays and manage the team at the same time? 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What signs? Everything was pretty negative after getting shellacked by the Chiefs. They haven't played since, so what points to him getting the job? 

Maxx publicly speaking out telling Mark that he wants AP next year. Jim staying at Michigan most likely. AP already getting coaches in place for next season per his old teammate LaVar Arrington. 

He changed the culture quick. His hands are tied with a bad offensive system and with AOC for this year. They been competitive for majority of the games he has coached. I think it’s the most logical thing to do is allow him to prove it next year with his own offensive staff and pick at QB **cough** Jayden Daniel’s 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Maxx publicly speaking out telling Mark that he wants AP next year. Jim staying at Michigan most likely. AP already getting coaches in place for next season per his old teammate LaVar Arrington. 

He changed the culture quick. His hands are tied with a bad offensive system and with AOC for this year. They been competitive for majority of the games he has coached. I think it’s the most logical thing to do is allow him to prove it next year with his own offensive staff and pick at QB **cough** Jayden Daniel’s 

What did he exactly say - and where can I find that 

Really don’t know how people have such high expectations for AP considering he’s not working with a full deck of cards.

Head coaches are responsible for establishing the culture and he’s had such a huge impact already taking this lifeless team and have them highly competitive. His success would be contingent on a quality OC hire and finding a dude at QB. The latter is easier said than done though.

My only hesitation with AP being retained is that it would mean we play ourselves out of the range where it’s manageable to trade up for a QB.

Edited by Justwinning
  • Like 1