Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Justwinning said:

Do you realize how much money is spent on this defense? You want him to make them an elite unit without proper investments??? Dude has finally got these guys to play well despite not having a ton of talent.

I don't expect elite but we're still below average defensively. 

We're 23rd in DVOA despite playing Kenny Pickett, Mac Jones, Josh Dobbs, Zach Wilson, and Tommy Devito. The Bears UDFA QB hung 30 points up on us. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Justwinning said:

They also limited MIA to 20 points without any help from their offense.

Did a decent job against DET with all things considered too.

They also got absolutely murked by an UDFA QB, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes. We've played an extremely soft schedule this year and we're 23rd in DVOA. 

There have been good defenses that have been blasted by Allen and Mahomes

Well we're ranked below league average based on any/every metric you look at and got blasted by them. The defense has been average at best and has really only showed out against one good team the entire year. I wouldn't hate it if we brought him back but I also wouldn't limit my HC search to keep him around, he's easily replaceable. 

What he’s doing now suggests that with better talent, he’d get his defense to the next level.

PG's defenses throughout his career based on DVOA:

2023 - 23rd

2022 - 29th

2021 - 25th

2020 - 22nd

2019 - 30th

We have a 5 year sample size of his defenses being consistently mediocre.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

PG's defenses throughout his career based on DVOA:

2023 - 23rd

2022 - 29th

2021 - 25th

2020 - 22nd

2019 - 30th

We have a 5 year sample size of his defenses being consistently mediocre.

You lack context. 2022 was the first year getting his guys. Another year with a few more additions he’s made improvements. The thing with stats is the at you can bend it to whatever narrative suits you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

You lack context. 2022 was the first year getting his guys. Another year with a few more additions he’s made improvements. The thing with stats is the at you can bend it to whatever narrative suits you.

DVOA is largely regarded as the best metric to judge a unit and he has never had a good defense based on DVOA. Getting his guys has helped us go from awful to below average.

He inherited a defense that ranked 14th in 2021, brought in his guys/scheme, and the unit immediately became one of the worst in the league. 

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, NYRaider said:

DVOA is largely regarded as the best metric to judge a unit and he has never had a good defense based on DVOA. Getting his guys has helped us go from awful to below average.

Vic Fangio, largely regarded as a defensive guru, wouldn’t have our defense in the average or above average range with this personnel. This is why I say these stats lack context.

2 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Vic Fangio, largely regarded as a defensive guru, wouldn’t have our defense in the average or above average range with this personnel. This is why I say these stats lack context.

The personnel that Graham picked after inheriting an above average unit that was finding it's groove toward the end of the 2021 season? 

Edited by NYRaider

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The personnel that Graham picked after inheriting an above average unit that was finding it's groove toward the end of the 2021 season? 

Have you considered DVOA isn’t a perfect stat? It’s a results-oriented stat. It doesn’t take into consideration how a putrid offense can leave the defense out to dry with field positioning, etc. if you watched the Lions game for example, that was pretty much what happened.

37 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Have you considered DVOA isn’t a perfect stat? It’s a results-oriented stat. It doesn’t take into consideration how a putrid offense can leave the defense out to dry with field positioning, etc. if you watched the Lions game for example, that was pretty much what happened.

The one thing I will give the current staff kudos for is helping us to keep losing games to bad teams, we need a good pick.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I don't expect elite but we're still below average defensively. 

We're 23rd in DVOA despite playing Kenny Pickett, Mac Jones, Josh Dobbs, Zach Wilson, and Tommy Devito. The Bears UDFA QB hung 30 points up on us. 

And people are wanting to putnthe condition of keeping Graham on the new HC. 

Dude may not be a dookie covered bum hiding under a bridge, but he's still a bum. When the height of your career is fielding a relatively below average defense against that murderers row of Qbs, you're scraping the underside of the bottom of the barrel. 

Josh and Dave are lonely, we should send the remainder of their Way crew to join them ASAP. 

• Like 1