Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Just like Rich, I highly doubt that he is viewed as some elite coach in league circles and will probably be a positional coach again next year.

It's just funny to me to see so many people say that AP deserves no blame for the offensive struggles and it's completely on the offensive staff. Which to me would mean that AP has zero understanding of offensive football or how to create a gameplan and is that someone you trust as your HC going forward especially with a new franchise rookie QB next year?

You expect a defensive coach to be able to scrap and rework an entire playbook/system mid-season, while being tied to arguably the worst QB room in the league, to fix the offense?

Even if we had an offensive coach taking the reins mid season they would have a tough time making this work. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I asked you directly to address the teams we've played. You haven't. You're deflecting again. As usual, because answering questions is something you're either incapable of or unwilling to do. 

How would you like them addressed? Yes, the Raiders have played games against backup QBs this season. They performed well in those games. In the past, those same QBs would look like all-pros on the Raiders defense. Would you agree? 

They are 9th in scoring, best since 2002 and rank 16th in DVOA on defense. This while having some glaring holes in the roster. 

Answer this, why would a unit improving suddenly be bottom 5 a year from now? 

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not a single, solitary damn time have you ever addressed his job history amd poor performance. Not a single damn time have you talked about why this year is an anomaly. You've sat there trying to take cute little potshots like a *****, while doing what you always do- ignore, deflect, and deny. 

I've addressed this several times, in detail dating back to his start in Miami as a DC. 

47 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ah well, back to disregarding your existence since your opinion is flat out trash unsupported by anything. Same as with McDaniels, the best you could come up with was that you simply didn't want more change. You never have anything to back up your asinine positions, you just make ignorant comments and try to dunk on people's opinions that conflict with your own, yet you consistently fail miserably because you can't even get the basic concepts of "logic" down. Then once your position is so bad even the biggest apologists won't back you up, you pull a 180, before trying the same idiotic nonsense again. Do you ever learn? Are you capable of learning?  Probably not at this rate. 

We all know you can't do that. I live in your head rent free (I'll prove it to you shortly). 

For all my trash unsupported takes, I sure get a lot of positive conversations from people here. 

You on the other hand, when you don't agree you resort to petty name calling and sophomoric references to genitalia which is just odd for any grown man.  

59 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

You expect a defensive coach to be able to scrap and rework an entire playbook/system mid-season, while being tied to arguably the worst QB room in the league, to fix the offense?

Even if we had an offensive coach taking the reins mid season they would have a tough time making this work. 

I expect him to be able to cook up an offensive game plan that makes our offense look semi competent coming off of the bye if he is head coaching material.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I expect him to be able to cook up an offensive game plan that makes our offense look semi competent coming off of the bye if he is head coaching material.

It's not like there wasn't clear as day issues before the bye, either. Feel like we've been saying "WTF?" quite a bit since the good outing against the Giants. 

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's not like there wasn't clear as day issues before the bye, either. Feel like we've been saying "WTF?" quite a bit since the good outing against the Giants. 

Good coaches are able to make adjustments and get the most out of their talent.

I mean Tommy Devito and Zach Wilson were just the AFC/NFC players of the week and led their teams to big wins / good offensive performances.

I wouldn't really paint Salah or Hackett as great offensive minds but they found a way to piece together an effective gameplan. AP can't do the same but according to guys here he deserves 0 criticism for the bad and 100% credit for the very minimal good, lol.

Like people are really trying to attribute our defensive progress to the LB coach...

3 hours ago, Trojan said:

I'm about to fly to Vegas for TNF and I see this Bill Belilchick is going to be traded after the season. It's us isn't it. We're going to give up of Josh's brand of Patriots way for the OG Patriots way. Mark's eternal search for football people is going to end with the football person and it's going to be such a culture shock.

Mark trading for Belichick, who then brings in a certain Josh McDaniels as his OC...

Too soon? Probably shouldn't even joke about these things.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 5

Good coaches are able to make adjustments and get the most out of their talent.

I mean Tommy Devito and Zach Wilson were just the AFC/NFC players of the week and led their teams to big wins / good offensive performances.

I wouldn't really paint Salah or Hackett as great offensive minds but they found a way to piece together an effective gameplan. AP can't do the same but according to guys here he deserves 0 criticism for the bad and 100% credit for the very minimal good, lol.

Like people are really trying to attribute our defensive progress to the LB coach...

That seems to be the big takeaway for a lot of things these days- if you like someone, only point out the good and ignore the bad even exists, ignore all context behind the good or bad (ie: AP had a good game plan against....a tanking Giants team with a nobody QB and embattled HC so all of a sudden he "clearly has what it takes if we just do X,Y,Z for the future"). 

Bo Hardigree called a fantasic game his first two weeks. We looked sharp. Couldn't be we played bad teams or teams just had no tape on AOC. So we should just accept that he's been stuck with AOC as his QB and realize that if just give Hardigree a good QB we'd be fine. Weird that nobody is making that argument because nobody has a weird crush on Hardigree, but they'll make those arguments for Pierce and Graham. 

12 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Bo Hardigree called a fantasic game his first two weeks. We looked sharp. Couldn't be we played bad teams or teams just had no tape on AOC. So we should just accept that he's been stuck with AOC as his QB and realize that if just give Hardigree a good QB we'd be fine. Weird that nobody is making that argument because nobody has a weird crush on Hardigree, but they'll make those arguments for Pierce and Graham. 

The offense has still had the same issues it had under JMD, decent when we are able to follow the script but terrible when we have to adjust as the game goes on.

Graham has the defense 9th in ppg allowed and 7th in DVOA per play, so obviously he's going to get some credit. We have significantly less talent on the defensive side of the ball then we do on offense and PG has still found ways to get the most out of his personnel and field a competitive unit. Bo Hardigree can't muster up a game plan that's capable of scoring a single point, at home, off of the bye week, with two all pro players to lean on...

Edited by NYRaider

The offense has still had the same issues it had under JMD, decent when we are able to follow the script but terrible when we have to adjust as the game goes on.

Graham has the defense 9th in ppg allowed and 7th in DVOA per play, so obviously he's going to get some credit. We have significantly less talent on the defensive side of the ball then we do on offense and PG has still found ways to get the most out of his personnel and field a competitive unit. Bo Hardigree can't muster up a game plan that's capable of scoring a single point, at home, off of the bye week, with two all pro players to lean on...

This is a fair take. 

However, I'd counter that Bo Hardigree being straight up trash doesn't equate to any other coach being good just because they're better than Bo. 

Yes, our D has looked significantly better. We've also played a significantly easier schedule this year than we usually will and have had a truly bizarre run of playing backup QBs and banged up offenses- something that undeniably aids in our defense looking better. And that's something that won't happen on a regular basis. Looking at this year in a vacuum, I see plenty of reason to remain skeptical. 

I just find it hilarious that many of the same people who defended McDaniels and commented early on at how "easy" our schedule was (pre-injuries to other teams, even) are now gloating about the job that's been done on D lime it's some great achievement and clear indicator of success moving forward as opposed to being a one-off year where we played a lot of teams that wound up far worse than even imagined when the schedule was being called "easy" prior to week 1. 

Even this last game against Minnesota:

We held Minnesota to 3 pts. Ok. 

Holding Kirk Cousins, Justin Jefferson, Alexander Mattison, and a healthy OL to 3 points would be an achievement. 

Holding Josh Dobbs, Nick Mullens, Ty Chandler, and a n OL with like 3 reserves playing the majority of snaps to 3 points is still nice, but it's simply not even in the same stratosphere. 

We held the Jets to 12 pts. Ok. 

Holding Aaron Rodgers, Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall, Allen Lazard to 12 points would be something to gawk at. 

Holding Zach Wilson, Garrett Wilson, Breece Hall, and Allen Lazard to 12 points just doesn't have the same ring to it. 

We beat up the Giants and held them to 6 points. Ok. 

Holding Daniel Jones, Saquon Barkely, Darius Slayton, Isaiah Hodgins, and  Darren Waller to 6 would be impressive enough. 

Holding Tommy DeVito, injured Barkely, Darius Slayton, Paris Campbell, and Daniel Bellinger to 6 points isn't the same.thing. 

So on, so forth. I genuinely can't even believe it's somehow controversial to point this stuff out and say "Wait a sec, are we really improved or have we played Jr Varsity offenses more often than not and look way better than we actually are?". That, to me, is insane to disregard given the embarrassments we suffered on D last year against Kyler, Baker, Ring around the Chiefs, etc. 

• Like 2

Mark Davis said that Ziegler had the final say on all personnel decisions

That's concerning. 

Not because he said it, but because if he really believes Zeigler wasn't going to ask Josh’s permission before doing anything, he's more clueless than any of us thought 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

This is a fair take. 

However, I'd counter that Bo Hardigree being straight up trash doesn't equate to any other coach being good just because they're better than Bo. 

Yes, our D has looked significantly better. We've also played a significantly easier schedule this year than we usually will and have had a truly bizarre run of playing backup QBs and banged up offenses- something that undeniably aids in our defense looking better. And that's something that won't happen on a regular basis. Looking at this year in a vacuum, I see plenty of reason to remain skeptical. 

I agree with you brother, I just think AP has done a terrible job. Graham has done a better job than anyone else on the staff and I think we could potentially build on it if we kept him in place. If the new coach wants to bring in his own staff, I think that'd be fine as well. It's not like we really have any building blocks in place outside of Maxx or anyone that you'd want to build a scheme around either. It's legit just Maxx and a bunch of JAGs. 

On 12/14/2023 at 1:28 AM, ronjon1990 said:

That's concerning. 

Not because he said it, but because if he really believes Zeigler wasn't going to ask Josh’s permission before doing anything, he's more clueless than any of us thought 

Davis basically said that Ziegler had the power to do it and it is a different question whether he used it or not...

Basically MD is saying that Ziegler let himself being overruled by his friend, HC...

• Like 4

On 12/13/2023 at 4:28 PM, ronjon1990 said:

That's concerning. 

To me that just shows how much of a lil b ziegs is. Mark established the chain of command. If ziegs gonna just lay down for jmd he doesn’t deserve another chance to be gm. If you’re in a position of power and you let another guy ruin it for you then Imo you don’t deserve another chance. Esp when you saw first hand what happened in den. 

• Like 5