Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Colorado is losing recruits apparently. Rumors through actions seem like Sanders will entertain NFL offers.

Colorado just crushed it during the early recruiting signing period securing the #1 class in the country with 16 transfers. They also just landed the #1 OT in the class.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Colorado just crushed it during the early recruiting signing period securing the #1 class in the country with 16 transfers. They also just landed the #1 OT in the class.

Freshmen. Transfer they doing good.

You’re not up to speed on the info. Seaton hasn’t signed to Colorado yet. 

Edited by bucksavage1

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

Freshmen. Transfer they doing good.

You’re not up to speed on the info. Seaton hasn’t signed to Colorado yet. 

This is from two days ago and USA Today just did a major article on Colorado today about their #1 transfer class. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2023/12/20/deion-sanders-colorado-football-transfer-portal-recruiting/71988717007/

I could see him interviewing with teams next off-season, don't think there's any chance that he bails on his son and Travis Hunter. 

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Trey Brown (Bengals), Mike Borgonzi (AGM Chiefs) and Adam Peters (AGM 49ers) are reportedly viewed as the top three GM candidates this cycle. 

Brown and Peters would be my choices, assuming one doesn't believe that AGMs are mere waterboys for the GM. 

The Bengals  drafted incredibly well and the 49ers have wizards running their assets with all the picks they steadily accumulate. 

The Chiefs....I'm just not wild about their drafting or FA. They're utterly reliant on the best HC and QB in the game today and an All-Timer TE nearing retirement. Drafting has been a dud and FA seems to be 1 year deals for guys chasing rings. Without Mahomes being Mahomes, I don't think the Chiefs are in a great position as far as roster building, and really haven't been in a while now. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

It seems like Champ is the favorite to be GM. Any chance Brown takes an Assistant GM position? I'm not sure if that's an actual promotion for him though.

The fact that we want to interview Brown indicates to me that Kelly probably doesn't have it in the bag.

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The fact that we want to interview Brown indicates to me that Kelly probably doesn't have it in the bag.

That's valid and apparently he made an impression on them two years ago, but they do have to interview two external minority candidates as well. I like Champ, but I love how Philly and Cincinnati have drafted over the years. He could bring in some interesting head coach and assistant coach candidates from both spots. Oddly enough, both have connections to Brian Callahan.

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

This is from two days ago and USA Today just did a major article on Colorado today about their #1 transfer class. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2023/12/20/deion-sanders-colorado-football-transfer-portal-recruiting/71988717007/

I could see him interviewing with teams next off-season, don't think there's any chance that he bails on his son and Travis Hunter. 

#1 Transfer class. They signed 5 incoming freshmen. That points to he won’t be long at Colorado. Whether he takes a more prestigious College job or NFL . I think he headed to the NFL next season

10 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

#1 Transfer class. They signed 5 incoming freshmen. That points to he won’t be long at Colorado. Whether he takes a more prestigious College job or NFL . I think he headed to the NFL next season

I don't get it. Why does that indicate him not being there long term? To me it indicates he's investing in it, and you usually stay where you've invested so much effort into

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I don't get it. Why does that indicate him not being there long term? To me it indicates he's investing in it, and you usually stay where you've invested so much effort into

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been a fan of coach Prime. Incoming freshman generally are there for long time development. With transfer protocol it changes a bit. But if freshman aren’t signing there, that points to the coach wont be there long. 

30 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You said they were losing recruits because he is expected to interview for NFL coaching jobs, which isn't true. They've put almost all of their resources into recruiting in the transfer portal so they can add guys that are ready to make an impact from day one and his son can potentially win the Heisman next year. Like I said he might interview for other jobs in college or the NFL after his son and Hunter declare for the draft. But suggesting that they're losing recruits because he will do it this year is completely wrong.