Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Doubt this is true, because he can't think this highly of himself. 

But if it is, it's clearly a bluff to get Tepper to overpay him to coach the trash Panthers. Tepper has been on him since last year. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

#1 Transfer class. They signed 5 incoming freshmen. That points to he won’t be long at Colorado. Whether he takes a more prestigious College job or NFL . I think he headed to the NFL next season

Sanders is a straight shooter. There is no BS with him. He has said he doesn't want to coach in the NFL, so you'd do well to believe him. And he frankly knows he wouldn't be good at it. What he's good at, doesn't translate with grown men getting pay checks. He's said as much. 

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Sanders is a straight shooter. There is no BS with him. He has said he doesn't want to coach in the NFL, so you'd do well to believe him. And he frankly knows he wouldn't be good at it. What he's good at, doesn't translate with grown men getting pay checks. He's said as much. 

He also had limited scholarships available and used 15 on transfers which is why their HS recruiting class is so small this year, not because HS guys are worried about him bolting. Although I could see him leaving for a bigger program depending on how next season plays out because his son and Hunter won't be at Colorado anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been a fan of coach Prime. Incoming freshman generally are there for long time development. With transfer protocol it changes a bit. But if freshman aren’t signing there, that points to the coach wont be there long. 

You're really overthinking this. The top 7 schools are going to get the top recruits nationally. 

Sanders is trying to win now by dominating the transfer portal vs. competing with SEC schools for freshman talent. He knows he can't win that game. 

Quickest way to build up the program is the transfer portal. Get quality players in, build up the program so you can attract better recruits. 

It's actually a smart way to approach it. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

You're really overthinking this. The top 7 schools are going to get the top recruits nationally. 

Sanders is trying to win now by dominating the transfer portal vs. competing with SEC schools for freshman talent. He knows he can't win that game. 

Quickest way to build up the program is the transfer portal. Get quality players in, build up the program so you can attract better recruits. 

It's actually a smart way to approach it. 

Fair enough. I’ll revisit this next season. I think Colorado has a shot to do some damage in the big 12 next season. It is just strange that a program has 5 incoming Freshman signed

46 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Fair enough. I’ll revisit this next season. I think Colorado has a shot to do some damage in the big 12 next season. It is just strange that a program has 5 incoming Freshman signed

They added 72 players to the roster last off-season, it's an outlier situation.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They added 72 players to the roster last off-season, it's an outlier situation.

I’ve worked for a D1 college program for 2 years in the equipment department. D1 football Programs can have anywhere from 120 or more players including tryouts and walk in’s. Its  strange to see only 5 incoming freshman signed

Transfer portal and NIL has change ways to build a team too so you can be right

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

I’d actually be fine hiring in-house, as long as it’s Patrick Graham. He is by far the most important piece to the team outside of Maxx Crosby. AP was only given the interim job not distract Graham from his DC role. Graham has been a legit HC candidate over the past half-decade, has true leadership just like AP does, and we would keep this Defensive Scheme as long as he is HC. 

58 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Shouldn’t be a question at this point. 

Oh it should be. Graham is the real mastermind here. You hire AP and you get one more year of Graham tops. AP has legit NOTHING to do with this near-elite defense. Graham is cooking up 4D chess every week and it’s absolutely beautiful to watch. 

Edited by Tank4Drake