Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Oh it should be. Graham is the real mastermind here. You hire AP and you get one more year of Graham tops. AP has legit NOTHING to do with this near-elite defense. Graham is cooking up 4D chess every week and it’s absolutely beautiful to watch. 

Don’t really agree with this. These players are playing hard for AP. He changed the culture in half a season. PG is cooking things up no doubt but to not give AP any credit is flat out dumb.

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

If they lose the next two and he goes 4-5 as our interim coach he deserves the job for beating the Chiefs and barely doing better than JMD? lol

You have to look at the bigger picture. He’s dealt with having a terrible QB and an offensive system that is broken and has been competitive in pretty much every game aside from the first KC game. He showed enough with how the guys are playing hard and DISCIPLINED. Can’t just look at this like how you want to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

AP “ Let’s smoke our sh/t.. Let’s talk our sh/t.. The Raiders god damn way” 

Fans who just want the big name, hate it. 

the big name has sewered us for my entire life. 
im over the big name. 

hire the no one who turns into the big name everyone wishes they hired!

• Like 6

I was told you need to get worse to get better..

I was told there is no way AP could win more than 3 games..: 

these people are now calling everyone else dumb? 

nfl unpredictable. 
we got worse at Qb but improved as a team. 
our IHC is dealing with possibly the worst Qb play in the league and just beat Mahommes to get to 4-3. 
I was told our D doesn’t have enough money spent to be good. 

maybe it’s time we stop talking in certainties, and just let the games be played. None of us know crap. 

We win out, we are in. 

Do we get stomped by Miami in first round? Likely sure, but I was told it was impossible to get more than 3 wins with AP… no one knows! Play the games! 

• Like 2

Another fav of mine; 

“no one in their right mind other than the raiders would hire AP as HC”…

the season hasn’t been played… this was argued before his first game as a coach lol. 

no one would’ve given Brady the QB spot before he won his first playoff game he stepped in for…. 
you gotta let the season play out before you make these absolute statements like  3 wins max. 

we’ve sucked for 20 years, and instead of celebrating a big win that keeps us alive and hurts KC, fans crying because we now might keep a coach who has a winning record with us which is extremely rare in the last 25 years lol

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Fans who just want the big name, hate it. 

the big name has sewered us for my entire life. 
im over the big name. 

hire the no one who turns into the big name everyone wishes they hired!

This.

Every single flashy candidate was a nobody at some point in their coaching career. AP has definitely catapulted himself into a genuine coaching prospect in short order. AP didn’t get to become a DC first and I think that’s part of the reason his biggest detractors are skeptical. 

I am willing to sig bet that AP will get some HC interview requests if he’s not quickly named HC after week 18.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

I am willing to sig bet that AP will get some HC interview requests if he’s not quickly named HC after week 18.

We would look like idiots to the rest of the league by not retaining AP. Or like they would say, only the Raiders wouldn’t chose this coach. He would absolutely end up on someone’s short list of HC candidates 

Edited by bucksavage1

4 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

we’ve sucked for 20 years, and instead of celebrating a big win that keeps us alive and hurts KC, fans crying because we now might keep a coach who has a winning record with us which is extremely rare in the last 25 years lol

Well said. A huge win and people are still questioning the coach and hoping for better draft position. Too many people are infatuated with the draft. It’s ok to be a fan of the draft process but at the end of the day, you have to start winning now. Rookies take time

This is a franchise altering win and potentially change of a losing culture this franchise has had for 20 years.

We sucked for so long people forgot what true change is. There’s some out there that don’t even know what it looks like. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Justwinning said:

This.

Every single flashy candidate was a nobody at some point in their coaching career. AP has definitely catapulted himself into a genuine coaching prospect in short order. AP didn’t get to become a DC first and I think that’s part of the reason his biggest detractors are skeptical. 

Honestly I don't think that AP would work elsewhere than the Raiders.

I think the passion, the fire he brings in just works cause he is a Fan of the Raiders just like us too and thats why players truely believe in him and the words he say.

"Raiders f'n way" just works here.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Another fav of mine; 

“no one in their right mind other than the raiders would hire AP as HC”…

the season hasn’t been played… this was argued before his first game as a coach lol. 

no one would’ve given Brady the QB spot before he won his first playoff game he stepped in for…. 
you gotta let the season play out before you make these absolute statements like  3 wins max. 

I celebrated the win, thanks. And to preface, I don't want a big name coach. I'm a no on Harbaugh after being in on that for the last 2 cycles. 

I'm also the one who said the Raiders defense would take a massive jump this year, expecting them to be middle of the pack and supported Graham after last season. Been taking flack for it for a year from the usuals around here. 

I respect the hell out of what AP is doing, that said you have to question how sustainable the defense which is carrying the team can keep this momentum. 

It's the same argument I had with Bisaccia. You can ride a hot hand for a period of time. But when it cools, where are you? The Raider defense is playing above their talent level clearly. Can they cary this momentum through an offseason and into a new year? That's the question you need to answer. No many interim coaches have had that success.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Justwinning said:

This.

This is obvious, as will Patrick Graham because they are both suffice the Rooney rule.

And you have to wonder how much is on Graham who many saw a rising HC candidate back to his time with the Giants.

My biggest detractor is simply what happens when the rah rah energy wears off. Who is AP as the CEO? Can he hire the right offensive staff and what happens if Graham were to get a HC job? Because Graham is the X's and O'c guys behind his success right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I celebrated the win, thanks. And to preface, I don't want a big name coach. I'm a no on Harbaugh after being in on that for the last 2 cycles. 

I'm also the one who said the Raiders defense would take a massive jump this year, expecting them to be middle of the pack and supported Graham after last season. Been taking flack for it for a year from the usuals around here. 

I respect the hell out of what AP is doing, that said you have to question how sustainable the defense which is carrying the team can keep this momentum. 

It's the same argument I had with Bisaccia. You can ride a hot hand for a period of time. But when it cools, where are you? The Raider defense is playing above their talent level clearly. Can they cary this momentum through an offseason and into a new year? That's the question you need to answer. No many interim coaches have had that success.

I def know you were higher on PG that most, so no problem giving you props on that. 
I am still in disbelief with our D. I still feel like there are holes on it, yet it continues to produce so it is incredibly impressive. 

I agree, what is APs thought process for the O? Is champ going to be our GM? Do they have any ties to an oc? 
is qb play just killing Bo? 

are we bold enough to make a big move for a QB.