Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Hondo Carpenter says there’s a number of FAs that he can’t speak of that wanna play for AP

Grain of salt with Hondo. He's a hype man and playing for clicks on a lot of topics. 

That said, Lavar Arrington who is friends with and coached with Pierce said Pierce spoke to him about the guys he wants to bring in. 

And that's all well and good, but the end of the day AP will live or die based on what happens at QB. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

I def know you were higher on PG that most, so no problem giving you props on that. 
I am still in disbelief with our D. I still feel like there are holes on it, yet it continues to produce so it is incredibly impressive. 

I agree, what is APs thought process for the O? Is champ going to be our GM? Do they have any ties to an oc? 
is qb play just killing Bo? 

are we bold enough to make a big move for a QB. 

Hard to find a through line from Champ to an OC. The notable guys he's been around have OC jobs. But he seems well connected in the league. Bo, who knows. I'm not overly impressed with him but AOC is a backup at best. I still think Bo should be getting more out of the offense though. 

Fields would be obvious given he was on the staff that drafted him. That will be a rumor until it's not with Champ is my guess. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is obvious, as will Patrick Graham because they are both suffice the Rooney rule.

And you have to wonder how much is on Graham who many saw a rising HC candidate back to his time with the Giants.

My biggest detractor is simply what happens when the rah rah energy wears off. Who is AP as the CEO? Can he hire the right offensive staff and what happens if Graham were to get a HC job? Because Graham is the X's and O'c guys behind his success right now. 

I just don’t think AP is simply a rah-rah guy. I think he’s more of an X’s and O’s guy than given credit for. I think people forget he was an ILB for a Super Bowl winning team and he was known for being a cerebral player in addition to being hard-nosed. 

25 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

I just don’t think AP is simply a rah-rah guy. I think he’s more of an X’s and O’s guy than given credit for. I think people forget he was an ILB for a Super Bowl winning team and he was known for being a cerebral player in addition to being hard-nosed. 

Think about it. He's the head coach three games later Marcus peters gets cut and Koonce starts with going crazy. All of a sudden linebackers don't look so bad. Bennett gets benched and amik is a permanent fixture in the Defense which somehow improved his game

33 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Good point. But the rah rah is his calling card right now. Which if he can CEO this thing and players stay high on that, then great. Just get the right guys in. 

My only fear is the offense. From staff, QB and how it al ends up fitting together. 

• Like 2

I am also fine with keeping Kelly, AP, and Graham if that's what they ultimately decide to do. But for the love of god, please do not keep Bo Hardigree as the play caller. I know some such as @ronjon1990 have touted him as the next Sean McVay but I have not been impressed by him at all.

If we're going to keep AP and draft a QB early, we have to hit it out of the park with whoever we decide to bring in as the OC/Playcaller. 

I'll pass on the QB coach that Carr/Jimmy G both regressed with some of the worst seasons of their career under.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Good point. But the rah rah is his calling card right now. Which if he can CEO this thing and players stay high on that, then great. Just get the right guys in. 

My only fear is the offense. From staff, QB and how it al ends up fitting together. 

His long term success is going to be hinged on his OC hire and the QB his regime can acquire. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

If AP gets the job, he needs to land a quality OC. Easier said than done, but I imagine we would be a good destination for an up-and-coming OC. If it’s a vet OC, hopefully it’s someone that has had recent success.

Jerrod Johnson is a name that I'd consider if we're going to keep AP.

He was an offensive quality control coach in Indianapolis under Frank Reich / Nick Siranni 

Then he was the assistant QB coach in Minnesota under Kevin O'Connell

And he is currently the Texans QB coach under Bobby Slowik 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I am also fine with keeping Kelly, AP, and Graham if that's what they ultimately decide to do. But for the love of god, please do not keep Bo Hardigree as the play caller. I know some such as @ronjon1990 have touted him as the next Sean McVay but I have not been impressed by him at all.

If we're going to keep AP and draft a QB early, we have to hit it out of the park with whoever we decide to bring in as the OC/Playcaller. 

I'll pass on the QB coach that Carr/Jimmy G both regressed with some of the worst seasons of their career under.

Show me exactly where I touted him as the next McVay. I dare you to find it. 

• Like 1