Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Do we need to move up for him, is he really a first round QB prospect, looks very one dimensional to me? 

I’ve only seen a handful of his games, isn’t he a one read or run type QB? 

He's going to test well. McCarthy is too. That's all that matters these days for a quarterback to skyrocket draft boards

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Do we need to move up for him, is he really a first round QB prospect, looks very one dimensional to me? 

I’ve only seen a handful of his games, isn’t he a one read or run type QB? 

Most mocks having him going top 5, QB's always get over drafted

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Most mocks having him going top 5, QB's always get over drafted

Wow, like I say, I haven’t looked into him much at all but he doesn’t look like a great prospect to me so I’m quite shocked at that. As others have said though, Pro Day numbers and supply and demand and you get a Trey Lance type thing going on.

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

He's going to test well. McCarthy is too. That's all that matters these days for a quarterback to skyrocket draft boards

McCarthy I like much more than Daniels tbh. Maybe it’s the fact I really like Harbaugh as a coach so I’m biased thinking he’ll be well coached but he seems to have all the traits you look for in a prospect. My initial realistic dream off season was acquiring the services of Jim Harbaugh and drafting McCarthy in the mid first round.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Wow, like I say, I haven’t looked into him much at all but he doesn’t look like a great prospect to me so I’m quite shocked at that. As others have said though, Pro Day numbers and supply and demand and you get a Trey Lance type thing going on.

He just won the Heisman trophy and was a 4 year starter in college including two years in the SEC.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He just won the Heisman trophy and was a 4 year starter in college including two years in the SEC.

I’m lucky this side of the pond, I don’t get all the rookie hype nonsense, so I can just watch a college game and see the players skills and traits. I can definitely see how he’d be a high first round with what you said, he just doesn’t look like it from the games I’ve seen so that was surprising to me. My initial impression was of an athletic kid with some traits that could be a project 😁😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I’m lucky this side of the pond, I don’t get all the rookie hype nonsense, so I can just watch a college game and see the players skills and traits. I can definitely see how he’d be a high first round with what you said, he just doesn’t look like it from the games I’ve seen so that was surprising to me. My initial impression was of an athletic kid with some traits that could be a project 😁😁

This is refreshing. Because so much of Daniels is hype. He put up big numbers and won a Heisman, so he must be awesome! 

He rarely gets pass his first read and almost never past his second read. Product of having 2 of the top 5 WRs in the nation on the outside.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is refreshing. Because so much of Daniels is hype. He put up big numbers and won a Heisman, so he must be awesome! 

He rarely gets pass his first read and almost never past his second read. Product of having 2 of the top 5 WRs in the nation on the outside.

I mean, the commentators loved him but that’s what I saw too. I always find it really tough with QBs honestly as there’s a lot of emphasis on production and yardage and TDs but I tend to think that traits and projection are really important thinking ahead to the NFL. I know we have some gimmicky type offences but the basics are still the basics. It’s what guys like Stroud showed that translate consistently I think.

QBs in particular get so much hype it’s good to just be able to watch the game like a blank canvas sometimes.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Bro.... Gruden got himself fired. He's 100% accountable for his own actions. He'd have a job right now if he wasn't putting his locker room talk on email. 

Jon Gruden did not get himself fired. Roger Goodell did. By trying to blackmail Mark Davis if Davis didn't fire Gruden. 

21 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Jon Gruden did not get himself fired. Roger Goodell did. By trying to blackmail Mark Davis if Davis didn't fire Gruden. 

Roger Goodell did not type and send the derogatory emails. Gruden doesn't do that, nothing else happens. Pretty simple. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Roger Goodell did not type and send the derogatory emails. Gruden doesn't do that, nothing else happens. Pretty simple. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

No one would know anything about the emails in the first place if it wasn't for Goodell and the NFL leaking them to the NY Times. Also, the investigation by the league was started as an investigation into Dan Snyder and the Washington Team. Nothing ever happened to them.

The Raiders, and Gruden specifically, were targeted by the league and Goodell himself. If you are bothered and/or annoyed by what Gruden said in those emails, I suggest you take time to reflect and ask yourself if you yourself have ever said anything derogatory you've later regretted or can be misconstrued as having malicious intent you never intended. 

I think the vast majority of us would fall into that category.

Edited by PhillyRaider

2 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

No one would know anything about the emails in the first place if it wasn't for Goodell and the NFL leaking them to the NY Times. Also, the investigation by the league was started as an investigation i to Dan Snyder and the Washington Team. Nothing ever happened to them.

Um

What?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Um

What?

Snyder sold the team, yes, but what were the consequences for the team as a result of the investigation? The Raiders were forced to fire their head coach and then subsequently it cost Mayock the GM chair.

Nothing of the sort happened to Washington. That's what I meant.

Edited by PhillyRaider