Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Snyder sold the team, yes, but what were the consequences for the team as a result of the investigation? The Raiders were forced to fire their head coach and then subsequently it cost Mayock the GM chair.

Nothing of the sort happened to Washington. That's what I meant.

I mean, the investigation into Dan Snyder led to him being forced to sell his multi billion dollar company. That's more significant than a coach losing a job.

The investigation was never about Washington's GM or Coach, it was so much more that that, at owner ship level. And their consequence was more severe than a coach losing a job. 

It's like a neighbors tree got cut down and you're comparing it to an apple that fell off your tree. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Snyder sold the team, yes, but what were the consequences for the team as a result of the investigation? The Raiders were forced to fire their head coach and then subsequently it cost Mayock the GM chair.

Nothing of the sort happened to Washington. That's what I meant.

Losing a multi billion dollar organization and being black balled in main stream society wasn't enough

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

No one would know anything about the emails in the first place if it wasn't for Goodell and the NFL leaking them to the NY Times. Also, the investigation by the league was started as an investigation into Dan Snyder and the Washington Team. Nothing ever happened to them.

The Raiders, and Gruden specifically, were targeted by the league and Goodell himself. If you are bothered and/or annoyed by what Gruden said in those emails, I suggest you take time to reflect and ask yourself if you yourself have ever said anything derogatory you've later regretted or can be misconstrued as having malicious intent you never intended. 

I think the vast majority of us would fall into that category.

Nope, you're still not getting it. No one would know about those emails if Gruden didn't send them to begin with. He made the mistake and he was later caught. He has nobody to blame but himself. 

If you send derogatory emails at your place of employment and they are leaked to your boss, who then  fires you.... is it your bosses fault they were discovered? The person who leaked them? Or is it yours for sending them to begin with?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Nope, you're still not getting it. No one would know about those emails if Gruden didn't send them to begin with. He made the mistake and he was later caught. He has nobody to blame but himself. 

If you send derogatory emails at your place of employment and they are leaked to your boss, who then  fires you.... is it your bosses fault they were discovered? The person who leaked them? Or is it yours for sending them to begin with?

You're the one who doesn't understand.  Gruden sent those emails from 2011 to 2018. No one ever knew about them. Until Goodell leaked them to the NY Times. And neither Goodell nor the NFL nor.anyone in the NFL.was Gruden's boss at the that time because he was working for ESPN so your example is utterly wrong and invalid. 

4 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

You're the one who doesn't understand.  Gruden sent those emails from 2011 to 2018. No one ever knew about them. Until Goodell leaked them to the NY Times. And neither Goodell nor the NFL nor.anyone in the NFL.was Gruden's boss at the that time because he was working for ESPN so your example is utterly wrong and invalid. 

People get fired all of the time when past behavior is exposed, lol.

Gruden sucked, never had a winning season here, traded away all of our best players, and wasted more draft capital than any human being in NFL history.

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, PhillyRaider said:

I very much understand accountability, thank you. Actions have consequences. He sent derogatory emails, of which he decided to take shots at the commissioner. Again, nobody to blame but himself. You make your bed, you get to lie in it. 

What Goodell did or didn't do is irrelevant to the conversation. Nothing happens if the emails are never sent to begin with. 

Based on your position, you'll learn a lesson the hard way on this one day it sounds like. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

People get fired all of the time when past behavior is exposed, lol.

Gruden sucked, never had a winning season here, traded away all of our best players, and wasted more draft capital than any human being in NFL history.

Right, all this talk about him being the victim, I forgot he actually just sucked at his job. 

Those emails did the Raiders a favor. We almost had to endure 6 more years of that nonsense.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Right, all this talk about him being the victim, I forgot he actually just sucked at his job. 

Those emails did the Raiders a favor. We almost had to endure 6 more years of that nonsense.

In the social media age people get exposed all of the time for past racist, sexist, etc type of comments that prohibits them from getting promotions, gets them fired, etc. 

He's acting like Gruden was the victim because he sent racist emails.

Pro tip: if you don't want to get into hot water, you probably shouldn't be putting nasty things about your boss in writing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I very much understand accountability, thank you. Actions have consequences. He sent derogatory emails, of which he decided to take shots at the commissioner. Again, nobody to blame but himself. You make your bed, you get to lie in it. 

What Goodell did or didn't do is irrelevant to the conversation. Nothing happens if the emails are never sent to begin with. 

Based on your position, you'll learn a lesson the hard way on this one day it sounds like. 

You don't understand the argument being made. That's obvious. What Goodell did was very relevant to the conversation. That's why there's an ongoing lawsuit involved. 

So far, in your previous post, you misunderstood and took the wrong position, gave a wrong and horrible argumentative example that wasn't relevant to the discussion, and then after my reply, replied to me with same thing over again lol. 

Let's just agree to disagree and not reply. 

Edited by PhillyRaider

Defending Gruden’s actions in those emails in the year of our lord 2023 is a wild look. No way you could keep that guy employed after those and no way you can act like he didn’t do something awful and incredibly dumb in sending them in the first place. There’s no room for that mentality in the game today. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

You don't understand the argument being made. That's obvious. What Goodell did was very relevant to the conversation. That's why there's an ongoing lawsuit involved. 

So far, in your previous post, you misunderstood and took the wrong position, gave a wrong and horrible argumentative example that wasn't relevant to the discussion, and then after my reply, replied to me with same thing over again lol. 

Let's just agree to disagree and not reply. 

I didn't take the wrong position. My position is Gruden is not a victim you're trying to make him out as. He's accountable for his own actions. None of this is even discussed if he keeps his thoughts off email. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

All the **** you give Gruden but you were 100% behind McD, weird.