Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Defending Gruden’s actions in those emails in the year of our lord 2023 is a wild look. No way you could keep that guy employed after those and no way you can act like he didn’t do something awful and incredibly dumb in sending them in the first place. There’s no room for that mentality in the game today. 

It doesn't matter what year it is. If everyone that ever said something bad had to lose their job for it, then no one would have a job.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

You're the one who doesn't understand.  Gruden sent those emails from 2011 to 2018. No one ever knew about them. Until Goodell leaked them to the NY Times. And neither Goodell nor the NFL nor.anyone in the NFL.was Gruden's boss at the that time because he was working for ESPN so your example is utterly wrong and invalid. 

That Goodell and the other NFL owners are almost certainly engaged in their own sort of shady, slimy, below board dealings does not negate the awful stuff Grudem and his buddies engaged in, regardless of him later disavowing them. 

Now, maybe Gruden is truly remorseful and will truly grow as a person. If so, good for him. I will defend his right and ability to put the past in the past and become better all day long. But there's no defending what he actually did do and there's no reason to decry the punishment he faced. 

It's the same rational as saying a murderer shouldn't be held accountable because a meth dealer narc'd on him to the DEA, who then turn the information over to local authorities. Just because the murderer had nothing to do with the DEA and the meth head's investigation other than being a peripheral player and the information wasn't gathered by people working that old cold murder case doesn't mean it didn't happen and consequences are now off the table. 

Regardless of when Gruden sent them, he sent them. Regardless of whether the NFL's investigation into sexual harassment claims caused them to come to light or if the rest of the owners just hated Snyder's face and wanted him gone eventually caused them to come to light, they came to light. 

Gruden being good at hiding them from the public's eye for a few years doesn't somehow make it any less an issue. 

Gruden, to his credit, mostly did the right thing by apologizing and stepping away. But he then turned around and sued the league over it, which sort of negates any goodwill earned. 

David Duke is a POS. If the Klan made a bunch of his nonsense public in retaliation to him leaving and trashing them, nobody would bat an eye or care. That two abhorrent actors get into a legal spat doesn't mean either is necessarily morally right or justified. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 3

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we roll with AOC, I will be dead on the inside.

He said he thinks Kelly remains GM, Pierce remains HC, and Graham gets a promotion to assistant head coach. He didn't sound as sure about Bo and AOC but said he wouldn't be shocked at all if Mark gives them an off-season so that Bo can install his scheme and AOC actually gets a training camp.

He typically has a pretty good pulse on what's going on with the team as someone that is at the facility everyday. Based on his comments I'd guess that people in the building are pretty high on Jayden Daniels.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He said he thinks Kelly remains GM, Pierce remains HC, and Graham gets a promotion to assistant head coach. He didn't sound as sure about Bo and AOC but said he wouldn't be shocked at all if Mark gives them an off-season so that Bo can install his scheme and AOC actually gets a training camp.

He typically has a pretty good pulse on what's going on with the team as someone that is at the facility everyday. Based on his comments I'd guess that people in the building are pretty high on Jayden Daniels.

I can't even say if bo is bad. He has had some nice looking play calls and really had no time to install. On top of that, AOC looks like absolute **** at times and can't hit the broad side of a barn so it's hard to say that his calls aren't working. The run game has also looked way better with White and Jacobs since JMD was fired and he took over.

So while I'd have a more established guy coming in ideally, I think he could be good. My question is, if we get a more mobile QB like Fields or Daniels, would Bo adapt the offense accordingly. If the answer is yes, I'd be fine with him. If it's no, I want someone new.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Q Meyers that works for the team and is in the building everyday thinks that AP, Kelly, and Hardagree will all be back. And that we’ll either roll with AOC at QB or trade up for Jayden Daniels.

I wouldn't be confident in that setup on offence. 

36 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I can't even say if bo is bad. He has had some nice looking play calls and really had no time to install. On top of that, AOC looks like absolute **** at times and can't hit the broad side of a barn so it's hard to say that his calls aren't working. The run game has also looked way better with White and Jacobs since JMD was fired and he took over.

So while I'd have a more established guy coming in ideally, I think he could be good. My question is, if we get a more mobile QB like Fields or Daniels, would Bo adapt the offense accordingly. If the answer is yes, I'd be fine with him. If it's no, I want someone new.

The run game definitely has looked a lot better and it's nice to see them commit to it especially with our defense playing lights out.

• Like 1