Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

37 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I can't even say if bo is bad. He has had some nice looking play calls and really had no time to install. On top of that, AOC looks like absolute **** at times and can't hit the broad side of a barn so it's hard to say that his calls aren't working. The run game has also looked way better with White and Jacobs since JMD was fired and he took over.

This is where I’m at, the run game has definitely improved and O’Connell shows something the odd game but then looks dreadful the next. Really, really hard to judge him!

• Like 3

On 12/28/2023 at 1:56 PM, Nodisrespect said:

Gruden pissed off and traded my favorite player and made us the worse defense in the league, I don't want him back.

Trading Mack is when I started losing interest in not just the Raiders but football in general. 

Was happy we got out of Gruden's contract and I don't want another coach being in charge of everything. It's why Harbs worries me because of how much control and probably another 10 year contract. 5 years tops for any coach and prefer 3 years but most wouldn't probably accept that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jim Harbaugh just hired a new agent, the same guy that represents Tom Brady and has significant ties to the NFL. 

Ian Rappoport also said MD is impressed with Pierce but that he could see us going after a big name again and mentioned Bill Bellichick and Harbaugh.

Bill would be a disaster with draft control

• Like 3

2 hours ago, G said:

Trading Mack is when I started losing interest in not just the Raiders but football in general. 

Was happy we got out of Gruden's contract and I don't want another coach being in charge of everything. It's why Harbs worries me because of how much control and probably another 10 year contract. 5 years tops for any coach and prefer 3 years but most wouldn't probably accept that. 

This is my only concern with Harbaugh, I’d love to have a setup like the Ravens have with a GM and HC working together. The thing with control is if you give it to the right person it’s fine, you get bitten when you give team building control to a guy like Gruden.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

This is my only concern with Harbaugh, I’d love to have a setup like the Ravens have with a GM and HC working together. The thing with control is if you give it to the right person it’s fine, you get bitten when you give team building control to a guy like Gruden.

I don’t see their DC MacDonald talked about very much. Him as a HC with a Ravens GM? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Is everyone still confident that AP will be retained? 

Not confident, but do we really blow it all up? Defense has played well under him, although couldn’t stop the run much today and that killed us.. I think AP has done a good job considering what he’s had to work with. He’ll be better with experience, but his hands were tied with an offense that struggled for big stretches in every game except the giants and chargers games. We need a QB and we need an experienced play caller.. I would also consider bringing in a new offensive staff (QB coach, O Line, etc)… there was just complete regression from 22 to this year.. my question would be, who may AP have ties to that can lead an NFL offense, so in that sense I’m hesitant on keeping him.. 

if we go Harbaugh route, I could see that happen if it means Mark is keeping him away from LA.. I wanted him and Dodds last cycle, so maybe that’s the direction Mark takes.. All I know is I feel like we are close, a competent offense/QB, penetrating DT and a solid starting CB to pair with Jack Jones and Hobbs and 2024 could be more in our favor.. Move Parham to C, get upgrades for OG in draft and free agency and we’re better.

Edited by JarrodR86
  • Like 1