Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It’s a results based business if we lose next week AP will be 4-5, JMD got canned for being 3-5 lol

Well, they also had a losing record last season as well, also they completely mishandled the Carr situation and he moved on for no compensation, plus they signed Garoppolo to an absurd contract and he was crap and they then had the Chandler Jones fiasco too.

I know that doesn’t fit the narrative you’re trying desperately to build, but I don’t think it was the record per se that got them sacked, more the 18 months of ineptitude and supposedly an offensive coach’s offence being incapable of scoring 20 points and several embarrassing losses that got them canned. Not all losses are the same.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Is 4-5 really a big enough improvement over 3-5 to justify retaining AP? Especially when they blew the Vikings game off of the bye week with 0 points and lost a very winnable game against Indy with self inflected wounds? Not to mention those teams had Minshew and Dobbs/Mullens at QB.

But, playing devils advocate………. going by what you’ve previously said, wins and losses are a QB stat and we have the worst QB in the NFL so that is an amazing record given that, is it not? I mean, McDaniels had a ‘Super Bowl QB’ to work with and he produced a lesser record?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

But, playing devils advocate………. going by what you’ve previously said, wins and losses are a QB stat and we have the worst QB in the NFL so that is an amazing record given that, is it not? I mean, McDaniels had a ‘Super Bowl QB’ to work with and he produced a lesser record?

Like I said, it’s a results based business and AP’s results have been nearly identical to JMD with the same team. Have the pre game speeches been cooler? Yes. Has the instagram content been funner? Yes sir! Has the victory cigar videos been cool? I love them. 

But for as many people on here that have argued AP should be the coach because he has “changed the culture” is 4-5 really that much better than 3-5? Because it looks better on social media and he has some good one liners in interviews?

Especially when you consider he couldn’t muster up a game plan or get the guys motivated enough to beat the Vikings off the bye week (0) or the Colts in a must win game due to self inflicted wounds and a terrible offensive game plan. Culture changing is beating the teams you should beat including teams led by Josh Dobbs and Gardner Minshew in must wins. 

AP has been a nice feel good story but the result is nearly identical to what JMD was providing and the guys in the front office were the ones that helped them make all the terrible moves we’ve made the last two years. I don’t think that’s changing culture or worthy of retaining a head coaching job in the NFL.

7 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Im good

Give me the offensive minded guru that specializes in player development from arguably the best coaching tree in the NFL over the interim coach that is basically producing the same results as JMD all day.

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Well, they also had a losing record last season as well, also they completely mishandled the Carr situation and he moved on for no compensation, plus they signed Garoppolo to an absurd contract and he was crap and they then had the Chandler Jones fiasco too.

I know that doesn’t fit the narrative you’re trying desperately to build, but I don’t think it was the record per se that got them sacked, more the 18 months of ineptitude and supposedly an offensive coach’s offence being incapable of scoring 20 points and several embarrassing losses that got them canned. Not all losses are the same.

Champ Kelly was a part of that front office that made all of those decisions so why does he deserve to be back next year? Because if we hire a new GM they will almost 100% guaranteed want to hire their own head coach which means AP will be replaced. 

The losses to the Colts and Vikings were both god awful coaching efforts in must win games against meh teams with terrible QB.

So we’re all back on the Harbaugh train for the 3rd coaching cycle in a row. Ready to get our hearts broken again, I see.

FWIW, as many of you have already said, he’s also the only guy I’d take over Pierce at this point. Although supporting the Pierce hire for me also comes with the caveat that we NEED a new OC/QB.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Give me the offensive minded guru that specializes in player development from arguably the best coaching tree in the NFL over the interim coach that is basically producing the same results as JMD all day.

I think Smith would be my first choice. Just a hunch, but I feel like Smith and AP will be the first two names to come up during Champ's interview. It's been said a million times, but AP has to have a plan for the offense in order to get the job. If he says he wants to keep Bo or bring in someone like Gase, I don't want him to get the job, even though I love the energy that he brings. If he has a legit plan, he should get the job. I do think going from AP to Smith wouldn't be a huge deal since Smith was loved by everyone in the locker room iirc. I could live with Harbaugh, but I would have concerns. I want no part of Gruden or Belichick.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It’s a results based business if we lose next week AP will be 4-5, JMD got canned for being 3-5 lol

Well you used to be saying he got canned for being 2-2… so you’re learning that’s good. 
no JMD got canned because he was terrible. 

he lost the team when he refused to bench your goat qb. You gotta learn it wasn’t because he was 3-5. 

ap in his biggest game, had an undisciplined team, extremely weird and conservative play calls on O. 
coming out that flat on O is extremely concerning. 

I like ap, was rooting for him to win out. 
so many punts from the colts 45 in the first… what the heck man. The run game was decent but let’s dial up a trick play and a bomb on 3rd and 1 instead of just 2 qb sneaks? 

we got bailed out by a roughing the punter. If not again we come out at half and punt on their side of the field. 

I understand D head coach are typically conservative, but, that is just so weak.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Like I said, it’s a results based business and AP’s results have been nearly identical to JMD with the same team. Have the pre game speeches been cooler? Yes. Has the instagram content been funner? Yes sir! Has the victory cigar videos been cool? I love them. 

But for as many people on here that have argued AP should be the coach because he has “changed the culture” is 4-5 really that much better than 3-5? Because it looks better on social media and he has some good one liners in interviews?

Especially when you consider he couldn’t muster up a game plan or get the guys motivated enough to beat the Vikings off the bye week (0) or the Colts in a must win game due to self inflicted wounds and a terrible offensive game plan. Culture changing is beating the teams you should beat including teams led by Josh Dobbs and Gardner Minshew in must wins. 

AP has been a nice feel good story but the result is nearly identical to what JMD was providing and the guys in the front office were the ones that helped them make all the terrible moves we’ve made the last two years. I don’t think that’s changing culture or worthy of retaining a head coaching job in the NFL.

What?!?! 

McDaniels was 9-16 with a 36% win rate.

Pierce is 4-4 with a 50% win percentage.

Those two are very different. Pierce also didn’t hand pick his QB or draft/sign the team he wanted. 

But this is a straw man argument isn’t it? Obviously QB wins are not a stat now then.

Also, 4-4 with the ‘worst QB in the league’ is a hell of a lot better than 3-5 with a ‘Super Bowl QB’ isn’t it??

*Amended to reflect actual record

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Champ Kelly was a part of that front office that made all of those decisions so why does he deserve to be back next year? Because if we hire a new GM they will almost 100% guaranteed want to hire their own head coach which means AP will be replaced. 

The losses to the Colts and Vikings were both god awful coaching efforts in must win games against meh teams with terrible QB.

I didn’t say Kelly deserved to be back. I said he’s likely to be back 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

What?!?! 

Pierce is 4-5 with a 44% win percentage.

Those two are very different. Pierce also didn’t hand pick his QB or draft/sign the team he wanted. 

But this is a straw man argument isn’t it? Obviously QB wins are not a stat now then.

4-5 with embarrassing losses to the Colts and Vikings doesn’t secure the job for me if I’m mark Davis 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I didn’t say Kelly deserved to be back. I said he’s likely to be back 😉

So we’re bringing back a key member of a front office that has been terrible over the last 2 years and a head coach with a losing record. AP isn’t him my brother 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

4-5 with embarrassing losses to the Colts and Vikings doesn’t secure the job for me if I’m mark Davis 

Not saying it does, not that it would for me. I’ve been very up front in that I want Harbaugh.

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Not saying it does, not that it would for me. I’ve been very up front in that I want Harbaugh.

And I was referring to AP vs JMD this season since it’s a better indicator as they’ve had the same team and the results have been extremely similar. AP did have more cool one liners though like hit em in the mouth! Just gotta wonder why he couldn’t get the team up for the Vikings and colts games with the season on the line. Didn’t he tell them hit em in the mouth and promise a cigar?

23 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

What?!?! 

Pierce is 4-5 with a 44% win percentage.

Also, 4-5 with the ‘worst QB in the league’ is a hell of a lot better than 3-5 with a ‘Super Bowl QB’ isn’t it??

The last game against Denver isn't played yet - so actually he's got a 50% win rate right now.

But the rest i agree with.

• Like 1