Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

A big culture shift that has led to one more win? If you're not winning how is the culture shifting lol

Again, I emphasise I’m not advocating for Pierce, I want Harbaugh.

One more win and one less loss is in fact a decent percentage when you’re talking about 8 or 9 games. 

I do believe the culture has shifted as the optimism has increased. The team is giving away less penalties, winning more (50% v 36%), tackling better and swarming to the ball on D. 

You can look at win rate, sack rate, interception rate, defensive TD rate, points average, penalties, they’ve all improved. Honestly, show me a stat that hasn’t improved, I’m curious to know.

Edited by Darbsk

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This season JMD is 3-5 and AP is 4-4. I wouldn't call that a seismic culture shift or a large enough improvement to justify keeping AP. 

Rich went 7-5 while leading us to the playoffs, actually got the team to buy in late in the season, and still got canned. 

You can't pick and chose which wins and loses count for Mcdaniels. It's all of them. Period. You don't get to conveniently not count ALL his losses last year. It shows you are refusing to look at the facts because it doesn't fit your argument 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Reality is that we could've easily beaten the Dolphins, Colts, and Vikings but AP's ultra conservative approach lost us all three.

Can you not see what you’re saying here? You’re right, we could’ve beaten those three teams with better QB play and a few coaching decisions.

Now, compare those with the losses to the Bills, Lions and Bears who we got shellacked in. Can you not see that even when we play below par we still are in the games and fighting hard instead of heads down, getting blown out? You must be able to see that, no?

6 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I don't know if you know this, but Mcdaniels record while here isn't 3-5. It was 9-16. Also, AP is 4-4. That's a true fact. You're creating a false fact in McDaniels record with us.  You're also assuming he loses next week and then counting it against him today. Also a false fact. 

I'm referring to this season only, we were 3-5, and then apparently had a seismic cultural shift / improvement in coaching and we've went 4-4, which is one game...

4 minutes ago, NickButera said:

You can't pick and chose which wins and loses count for Mcdaniels. It's all of them. Period. You don't get to conveniently not count ALL his losses last year. It shows you are refusing to look at the facts because it doesn't fit your argument 

I can compare JMD to AP based on their results this season with the exact same roster, especially when some are saying there has been a major culture shift that has led us from 3-5 to 4-4. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'm referring to this season only, we were 3-5, and then apparently had a seismic cultural shift / improvement in coaching and we've went 4-4, which is one game...

Last season counts against McDaniels. It's why he got fired. Not because he went 3-5 this year, but because that 3-5 followed last years atrocity. It's the only reason he was fired. 

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Can you not see what you’re saying here? You’re right, we could’ve beaten those three teams with better QB play and a few coaching decisions.

Now, compare those with the losses to the Bills, Lions and Bears who we got shellacked in. Can you not see that even when we play below par we still are in the games and fighting hard instead of heads down, getting blown out? You must be able to see that, no?

AP's coaching in key games has been meh af. But the cultural shift of smoking cigars and listening to rap music in the locker room has definitely helped us improve a lot, by one game exactly. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I can compare JMD to AP based on their results this season with the exact same roster, especially when some are saying there has been a major culture shift that has led us from 3-5 to 4-4. 

I thought AP was 4-5. That's what you said. 

Just now, NickButera said:

Last season counts against McDaniels. It's why he got fired. Not because he went 3-5 this year, but because that 3-5 followed last years atrocity. It's the only reason he was fired. 

We were 3-5 with JMD this season

According to this forum we've had:

• A major cultural shift

• A major improvement in coaching

• A major improvement in players buying in

Yet we're 4-4 with the new staff, I just personally don't see going from 3-5 under one staff to 4-4 under another as a seismic shift or major improvement. Based purely on this year where we can judge them head to head considering it's the exact same roster bud.

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

No he can't, because he doesn't really watch the games.

All he does is looking at the results. Nothing more.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

AP's coaching in key games has been meh af. But the cultural shift of smoking cigars and listening to rap music in the locker room has definitely helped us improve a lot, by one game exactly. 

By 14%, please show me some stats that have regressed, there must be some?

I simply don’t know what you’re watching if you don’t think the culture has improved noticeably.

5 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I thought AP was 4-5. That's what you said. 

That was when he was assuming we were going to lose to Denver and including that imagined loss to make the numbers closer 🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

By 14%, please show me some stats that have regressed, there must be some?

I simply don’t know what you’re watching if you don’t think the culture has improved noticeably.

The culture has improved noticeably by winning one more game than what JMD did over the same number of games with the exact same roster. I didn't say they regressed, I said there hasn't been a seismic shift in this team or culture since AP took over. But if you're correct, it hasn't translated much to what matters most, winning games, which is why we're finishing under .500 and missing the playoffs.