Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

No he can't, because he doesn't really watch the games.

All he does is looking at the results. Nothing more.

Al Davis said it best "Just Win Baby"

Do coaches get promotions for almost doing something or mismanaging situations to lose close games consistently?

hd-aspect-1475608006-alex5.jpg

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We were 3-5 with JMD this season

According to this forum we've had:

• A major cultural shift

• A major improvement in coaching

• A major improvement in players buying in

Yet we're 4-4 with the new staff, I just personally don't see going from 3-5 under one staff to 4-4 under another as a seismic shift or major improvement. Based purely on this year where we can judge them head to head considering it's the exact same roster bud.

Personalized roster construction, playbook creation, preseason and planning and practice, all things AP hasn't had a chance to do. So if your only comparison base is "they have the same players therefore it's comparable" your understanding of how a team succeeds is profoundly lacking. 

Every football expert and insider has definitely reported this shift in culture and it's undeniable. It doesn't mean we instantly turn into a playoff team. Many other factors go into winning than cultural shift, wins is hardly the metric to measure this. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Personalized roster construction, playbook creation, preseason and planning and practice, all things AP hasn't had a chance to do. So if your only comparison base is "they have the same players therefore it's comparable" your understanding of how a team succeeds is profoundly lacking. 

Every football expert and insider has definitely reported this shift in culture and it's undeniable. It doesn't mean we instantly turn into a playoff team. Many other factors go into winning than cultural shift, wins is hardly the metric to measure this. 

AP hasn't shown enough to prove that he deserves to create his own playbook or construct his own roster. They're 4-4 with 3 of those wins coming against terrible teams. I don't think you should reward mediocrity but like 75% of this fanbase was okay with keeping Carr around despite mediocre results for almost a decade so it makes sense as to why 4-4 would mean to a lot of you that AP should be the guy going forward. 

The reporters missing the games when the team didn't show up against Gardner Minshew / Josh Dobbs? Smoking cigars in the locker room is cool but winning football games is cooler.

Raiders fans be like: we're 4-4 instead of 3-5 but the locker room looks fun, cultural shift baby.

raiders-celebrating-giants-win-by-smokin

Edited by NYRaider

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

AP hasn't shown enough to prove that he deserves to create his own playbook or construct his own roster. They're 4-4 with 3 of those wins coming against terrible teams. I don't think you should reward mediocrity but like 75% of this fanbase was okay with keeping Carr around despite mediocre results for almost a decade so it makes sense as to why 4-4 would mean to a lot of you that AP should be the guy going forward. 

The reporters missing the games when the team didn't show up against Gardner Minshew / Josh Dobbs? Smoking cigars in the locker room is cool but winning football games is cooler.

Raiders fans be like: we're 4-4 instead of 3-5 but the locker room looks fun, cultural shift baby.

raiders-celebrating-giants-win-by-smokin

Pierce has a signature win against the Super Bowl Champion Chiefs and the Raiders record in points scored against a division rival Chargers with ‘the worst QB in the NFL’.

Which was McDaniels signature win with his hand picked ‘Superbowl QB’?

Pierce hasn’t been exceptional by any means and made plenty of mistakes. What exactly are you arguing at this point? Pierce hasn’t done enough to convince as our next HC, I don’t wholly disagree with that but he’s earned consideration and a long, hard look.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Pierce has a signature win against the Super Bowl Champion Chiefs and the Raiders record in points scored against a division rival Chargers with ‘the worst QB in the NFL’.

Which was McDaniels signature win with his hand picked ‘Superbowl QB’?

Pierce hasn’t been exceptional by any means and made plenty of mistakes. What exactly are you arguing at this point? Pierce hasn’t done enough to convince as our next HC, I don’t wholly disagree with that but he’s earned consideration and a long, hard look.

He also scored 0 points out of the bye week and lost us the Dolphins and Colts games by going ultra-conservative. He doesn't deserve to be the head coach here, nice feel good story, but not the guy that should be leading the ship here going forward.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He also scored 0 points out of the bye week and lost us the Dolphins and Colts games by going ultra-conservative. He doesn't deserve to be the head coach here, nice feel good story, but not the guy that should be leading the ship here going forward.

And that’s absolutely a valid point of view and I can respect that.

Though I do think our QB was more the limiting factor.

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

And that’s absolutely a valid point of view and I can respect that.

Though I do think our QB was more the limiting factor.

It was AP's decision to roll with AOC. I don't trust AP to be the guy to develop a franchise QB. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It was AP's decision to roll with AOC. I don't trust AP to be the guy to develop a franchise QB. 

That’s another fair point. I’d like to draft a QB high in the draft and the guy I want moulding him and developing him is Jim Harbaugh.

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Like, non of this makes any sense. You say AP doesn't deserve the chance to make his own playbook, get a preseason and can't prepare his players or even hire his own staff to develop players, but then say he's incapable of developing a QB. It's self contradicting. 

Also, so is the idea that it was "his decision to roll with AOC." Should he have gone with the worst statistical QB who led the league in INTs or the 40 year old that forgot how to play QB? You're argument is entirely illogical and has no basis in reality. AP was screwed at the QB spot no matter who he chose, and at the OC position too. He was screwed over the moment he took over this crap show of a team, the fact that he is in a spot to have a winning record is 9 games is impressive.

You refuse to see the things that he did well, that is commonly acknowledged among every expert in the industry and it's shooting your believability in the foot. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The only thing that matters is if you win or lose. This ain't a Disney movie brother, it's not about the friends you make a long the way. Reality is that we could've easily beaten the Dolphins, Colts, and Vikings but AP's ultra conservative approach lost us all three. That's the difference between going to the playoffs and picking in the top 10, need someone that can get us over the hump. I don't trust AP to build an offensive staff or develop a young franchise QB. The IG posts have been fire though for sure.

For someone that is supposedly a master motivator he didn't have the boys ready to play against Minny or Indy.

Well that ends that cause jmd has a losing record at hc compared to pierce 

38 minutes ago, NickButera said:

This is my dream scenario 

I don’t think AP is the guy, based on results. You do based on media members locker room reports. We can agree to disagree my friend. Happy new years

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don’t think AP is the guy, based on results. You do based on media members locker room reports. We can agree to disagree my friend. Happy new years

Sorry, wrong post. I want harbough and a QB in the draft 

I agree with your premise about AP. I think you are the worst at trying to state why he's not fit for the job though. Non or your reasons are rational at all or thought out, or logical. It makes me look bad trying to argue against AP because you have these false blanket statements that don't make any sense. 

that should tell you something, someone who generally agrees with you is telling you how bad your argument points are. Maybe if you didn't go overboard on every one of your opinions. 

• Like 7