Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Sports talk radio here trying to run Sirianni out of town. Ridiculous idiots. If the 4agles are stupid enough to follow the advice of these idiots and actually fire Sirianni, then what does everyone think of making Sirianni our coach?

I'd do it in a second. 

They have a point after that ridiculous play call sequence. Players are questioning the coaching. Not a good look. 

Starting to look like Gannon and Steichen were the dudes there. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They have a point after that ridiculous play call sequence. Players are questioning the coaching. Not a good look. 

Don't listen to these morons bro. It's not players questioning the coach. It's mostly one player, AJ Brown. A big mouth trouble maker apparently. 

The Eagles are an organization that had, basically, two winning coaches in their whole history before Sirianni. That was Andy fatass, and Doug Pedersen. 

They are fortunate to have found Sirianni when they did. Remember  this is a guy whose top two coordinators were taken from him in the off-season and had to start over.

He's an excellent coach. Also, the play call sequence wasn't on Sirianni. The Eagles O is called by the coordinator. From there, Hurts has the green light to adjust the play at the LOS. That's why it's called an RPO.

Because the QB has the option to run or pass on every play based on what the D is showing. If anything that sequence should rightly be blamed on Hurts.

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I remember reading a ton of eagles fans on this forum celebrating Gannon leaving. Steichen on the other hand, he seems to be the real deal. He’s done a great job in Indy thus far.

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm convinced Pierce isn't the answer. Here are my top options ranked

1. Jim Harbaugh Michigan Head Coach

2. Ben Johnson Lion OC

3. Dan Quinn Cowboys DC - I prefer an OC but Quinn might be one of the best DC of all time. He has been a coach before and led a team to the super bowl.

4. Frank Smith Dolphins OC

5. Brian Griese 49ers QB coach - has done wonders in the development of Brock Purdy. Could be great with an incoming young QB.

6. Joe Brady  Bills OC- interested to see if Bills finally breakthrough and win it all. If they make a run, Bradys name will emerge 

7. Mike Macdonald Ravens- has been calling the best defense in the NFL. Young and upcoming head coach prospect. 

Joe Brady isn't a head coaching candidate and I've been very underwhelmed with Ben Johnson. Don't want a retread head coach like Dan Quinn.

I'd come very close to being a non-fan if Mark brings in Belicheat. An absolute no-go in my eyes. Bill should have been kicked out of the league years ago.

The main con for bringing in Harbaugh would be that we all know he would want total control (ala Gruden and McDummy) and we've all seen how that has recently worked out for us. The main pro for Harbaugh is that (unlike Gruden and McDumbass) he's had the results to back it up and he's proven he can change the culture of a team and turn a franchise around. The unknown with Harbaugh is that we don't know if the NFL game has passed him by.

If we keep Pierce as the HC, he needs a new OC. My first choice would be Frank Reich and my second choice would be Byron Leftwich, but I'm sure other good candidates are out there as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

Don't listen to these morons bro. It's not players questioning the coach. It's mostly one player, AJ Brown. A big mouth trouble maker apparently. 

That may be the case, but the results don't lie and Sirianni was already being labeled as difficult and unlikeable before. 

He very well could turn it around anyway. But I have enough reservations to pass for now. 

1 hour ago, RaidersForever said:

I'd come very close to being a non-fan if Mark brings in Belicheat. An absolute no-go in my eyes. Bill should have been kicked out of the league years ago.

The main con for bringing in Harbaugh would be that we all know he would want total control (ala Gruden and McDummy) and we've all seen how that has recently worked out for us. The main pro for Harbaugh is that (unlike Gruden and McDumbass) he's had the results to back it up and he's proven he can change the culture of a team and turn a franchise around. The unknown with Harbaugh is that we don't know if the NFL game has passed him by.

If we keep Pierce as the HC, he needs a new OC. My first choice would be Frank Reich and my second choice would be Byron Leftwich, but I'm sure other good candidates are out there as well.

To be fair, you're looking at Harbough from the wrong perspective. You can say "well giving full control has never worked for us".....but from Harbough's perspective when he had control it's only ever worked 100% of the time for him. Even with the Niners, him having too much power and influence led to his firing, but it never led to him losing games. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RaidersForever said:

One thing with Pierce, and it's not really his fault, is we don't have an identity on offense or any inclination into his preferred style. 

Does he want a pass heavy O or a run heavy one? 

Not going to lie, Byron Leftwich would intrigue me with our current weapons and a franchise QB. Arians was vertical and pass heavy, only thing he did I wasn't big on was not utilize TEs well. If Leftwich can incorporate an Arians-esque O with Adams, Tucker, Meyers, Mayer, etc.....it could get real spicy. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NickButera said:

To be fair, you're looking at Harbough from the wrong perspective. You can say "well giving full control has never worked for us".....but from Harbough's perspective when he had control it's only ever worked 100% of the time for him. Even with the Niners, him having too much power and influence led to his firing, but it never led to him losing games. 

I bet if Shanahan hadn't panned out the way he has, the 9ers brass would be wishing Harbaugh was still there, too. 

Shanahan stopped the bleeding, but man that was a huge misstep by San Fran, imo. 

Harbaugh is only like 50× better at being a HC than Baalke is at being a GM. Harbaugh went off and did Harbaugh things as usual, and they're probably taking the national championship home next week after a few years of being a consistent contender. 

Baalke went off and almost nuked Jacksonville out of the NFL by hiring Urban Meyer and, despite some decent drafting, Jacksonville still struggles with overall talent and depth. 

One sounds like San Francisco with Harbaugh, the other sounds like Sam Francisco with Baalke but no Harbaugh. Go figure. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

One thing with Pierce, and it's not really his fault, is we don't have an identity on offense or any inclination into his preferred style. 

Does he want a pass heavy O or a run heavy one? 

Not going to lie, Byron Leftwich would intrigue me with our current weapons and a franchise QB. Arians was vertical and pass heavy, only thing he did I wasn't big on was not utilize TEs well. If Leftwich can incorporate an Arians-esque O with Adams, Tucker, Meyers, Mayer, etc.....it could get real spicy. 

At first glance easy to say AP will want a smash mouth run game being a defensive player. Which in my mind means he would want Jacobs to get his money here. 

3 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

The Eagles are an organization that had, basically, two winning coaches in their whole history before Sirianni. That was Andy fatass, and Doug Pedersen. 

They are fortunate to have found Sirianni when they did. Remember  this is a guy whose top two coordinators were taken from him in the off-season and had to start over.

He's an excellent coach. Also, the play call sequence wasn't on Sirianni. The Eagles O is called by the coordinator. From there, Hurts has the green light to adjust the play at the LOS. That's why it's called an RPO.

Because the QB has the option to run or pass on every play based on what the D is showing. If anything that sequence should rightly be blamed on Hurts.

I’m not an expert on the Eagles but their defense is the major problem with the team. Or perhaps one of their problems but the defense has been an issue

PG on the 2023 season: “I not trying to get emotional, but I’ve had the most fun coaching this group of guys than any I have in my whole career. … It’s been a real fun year. I’m proud to be apart of the Raiders.”

Sounds like a goodbye or farewell. He could get a HC job or new coach brings in his own DC

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

Sports talk radio here trying to run Sirianni out of town. Ridiculous idiots. If the 4agles are stupid enough to follow the advice of these idiots and actually fire Sirianni, then what does everyone think of making Sirianni our coach?

I'd do it in a second. 

You know how it is around here (I'm an hour west of Philly). They hate everyone and everything.

With that said--If Sirianni actually gets fired a year after a SB appearance, it points to be a bigger underlying issue within the team. We could never go from a McDaniels environment to an AP culture and then go to Sirianni (especially those here during the Bassacia days). We would say goodbye to every major piece on our team. Culture will be crucial, so it has to be a Harbaugh type hire to move on from AP.

I really have no issue with AP/PG/CK coming back with an offensive overhaul. Maybe Griese at OC since it would be considered a promotion if he doesn't get HC consideration.

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

That may be the case, but the results don't lie and Sirianni was already being labeled as difficult and unlikeable before. 

He very well could turn it around anyway. But I have enough reservations to pass for now. 

The results? The results are the Eagles are 11-5 and coming off a Super Bowl appearance and might still win their division next week. I don't know what else this guy has to do to be considered a quality coach.