Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

51 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

You know how it is around here (I'm an hour west of Philly). They hate everyone and everything.

With that said--If Sirianni actually gets fired a year after a SB appearance, it points to be a bigger underlying issue within the team. We could never go from a McDaniels environment to an AP culture and then go to Sirianni (especially those here during the Bassacia days). We would say goodbye to every major piece on our team. Culture will be crucial, so it has to be a Harbaugh type hire to move on from AP.

I really have no issue with AP/PG/CK coming back with an offensive overhaul. Maybe Griese at OC since it would be considered a promotion if he doesn't get HC consideration.

Except Sirianni created a winning culture bro. The Eagles are a destination for every high end free agent now. This was an organization that was bottom of the barrel for a long time.

An organization that took 52 seasons to get their first Super Bowl. They should be thankful for a guy like Sirianni.

7 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Except Sirianni created a winning culture bro. The Eagles are a destination for every high end free agent now. This was an organization that was bottom of the barrel for a long time.

An organization that took 52 seasons to get their first Super Bowl. They should be thankful for a guy like Sirianni.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, PhillyRaider said:

? They won the SB before he was ever there. Four years before Sirianni took over. This wasn't the Browns, they made the playoffs in 2 of 3 years after the SB before NS. Then they fired Pederson and he made playoffs with Jags his first year and won a playoff game. His assistants, specifically Steichen, are looking like better coaches. I agree Sirianni has had success but you're reaching hard if you think Philly was bottom of the barrel before him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, justwinbaby81 said:

? They won the SB before he was ever there. Four years before Sirianni took over. This wasn't the Browns, they made the playoffs in 2 of 3 years after the SB before NS. Then they fired Pederson and he made playoffs with Jags his first year and won a playoff game. His assistants, specifically Steichen, are looking like better coaches. I agree Sirianni has had success but you're reaching hard if you think Philly was bottom of the barrel before him.

A legitimately insane take to think NS created the Eagles culture. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Why does everybody pretend like Doug Pederson doesn't exist lololol

• Like 2

From Vinny

The former San Francisco 49ers coach has his Michigan Wolverines in the championship game of the College Football Playoffs. But what he’s doing behind the scenes suggests he wants to return to the NFL and that he’s interested in the Raiders.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

From Vinny

The former San Francisco 49ers coach has his Michigan Wolverines in the championship game of the College Football Playoffs. But what he’s doing behind the scenes suggests he wants to return to the NFL and that he’s interested in the Raiders.

I read that today. He doesn't say who his source his. But he does allude that he heard it from someone inside somewhere. 

Was Vinny this open about the Harbaugh links last time around? I feel like most of our “known” media guys were kinda quiet on the whole thing, especially the Athletic guys, so it’ll be interesting to see who is apparently hearing things this time around.

Not sure I trust any of the athletic guys. They all said JMD wasn’t going anywhere all the way until it happened. For all we know they’re running these stories to generate buzz. Harbaugh is probably the most popular name in this cycle so of course they’re going to say he has interest in coming back to the NFL. Gets them clicks and subscribers. But I’ll believe it when I see it. 

That being said I think Harbaugh is the best choice. He’s not your standard retread HC who had a middling record. He turned around a Niner organization that was among some of the worst in the NFL. He then turned Michigan around from one of the worst teams to beating bama on their way to their first shot at a national championship title in the CFP era. This isn’t Gruden who ran a championship Buc team into the ground or JMD who never had a winning season as a head coach. Heck Harbaugh was a backup punt returner away from appearing in a Super Bowl his first season with the Niners. People talk about guys being a winner because they’re apart of a winning organization, Harbaugh actually changes losers into winners. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I don't understand why I have to keep explaining things. It's like people never watched football and don't know what happened. Also reading comprehension issues. Eagles were a bottom of the barrel organization for a loooong time. They only started becoming good and really competitive in the 90s. 

It took them 52 years to win a Super Bowl. Fifty two. Sirianni is responsible for the culture there now. Pedersen's last season there, he went 4-11-1. The season before he went 9-7.

Sirianni came in and brought them to the Super Bowl again and next week they have a chance to win their division one season after a Super Bowl appearance. 

He's a great coach. 

Edited by PhillyRaider

13 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

I don't understand why I have to keep explaining things. It's like people never watched football and don't know what happened. Also reading comprehension issues. Eagles were a bottom of the barrel organization for a loooong time. They only started becoming good and really competitive in the 90s. 

It took them 52 years to win a Super Bowl. Fifty two. Sirianni is responsible for the culture there now. Pedersen's last season there, he went 4-11-1. The season before he went 9-7.

Sirianni came in and brought them to the Super Bowl again and next week they have a chance to win their division one season after a Super Bowl appearance. 

He's a great coach. 

I don't judge, but isn't it a little early to be drinking this heavily? 

• Like 2

No matter what happens with AP. I will say this he deserves this job way more than Rich did. What AP accomplished was by far more impressive despite not making the playoffs. Rich got blown out 3 times. AP worse lose was 14. AP was stuck with an offense that had zero chance to get better. Stuck with a terrible QB. Saw for the first time in a long time player growth. Saw players get better. Saw a defense play with fire. Credit to AP for making these guys fight hard and not give up. 

It’s almost impossible for an intern HC to keep the job because of the uphill battle of overcoming the priors coaches failures mid season. With very little chance to improve. He did a great job. Hats off to him. 

• Like 3