Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

Posted (edited)

I was 100% on the Harbs + Dodds connection last cycle. He is quite clearly my #1 choice at HC again, yes over AP. 

I like what AP has done but Harbs was/is a legit top tier coach IMO. He can build a scheme, motivate the players and importantly bring in some awesome coaches too.

Do whatever it takes.

Edited by RaidersAreOne
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I was 100% on the Harbs + Dodds connection last cycle. He is quite clearly my #1 choice at HC again, yes over AP. 

I like what AP has done but Harbs was/is a legit top tier coach IMO. He can build a scheme, motivate the players and importantly bring in some awesome coaches too.

Do whatever it takes.

Assuming we keep Champ Kelly, does he make the HC hire? If he hires Harbaugh would he take that if he had to answer to Kelly? Would there be room for Puerce on the coaching staff then to try and smooth the transition?

Thoughts gents……..

18 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Assuming we keep Champ Kelly, does he make the HC hire? If he hires Harbaugh would he take that if he had to answer to Kelly? Would there be room for Puerce on the coaching staff then to try and smooth the transition?

Thoughts gents……..

I imagine it would be very similar to what happened with Gruden and McKenzie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Do whatever it takes.

I am good with Johnson, Harbaugh, and AP. Harbaugh/Dodds probably has the edge just because of experience, but if we go AP and he gets a new offensive coordinator I'm also fine with it.

• Like 1

I hope we get Harbaugh. Either we get him or the Chargers do. Give me Dodds as GM/ Harbaugh. I also would like for Tom Brady to be brought in as President of Football Operations/ Co GM. Dodds should always communicate with Harbaugh to get the right guys. In a case where they can’t agree, Brady would be the 1percent difference. Brady would also prevent Harbaugh from getting too much power. Mark Davis has shown a history of being a push over. Nobody pushing Brady over for power. 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’d accept Harbaugh and give him a chance like all the other coaches we hire. However, I do have concerns with a Coach who hasn’t been in the NFL for over a decade. 

Not like he's been sitting in the booth. He's rebuilt Michigan into a powerhouse behind elite coaching and player development.

• Like 3

I'd expect the Chargers to offer Harbaugh mega money. I'd like to see what happens after the season if the Eagles fire Sirianni. If they do, he would instantly be my first choice, including over Harbaugh. 

Edited by PhillyRaider

13 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

I'd expect the Chargers to offer Harbaugh mega money. I'd like to see what happens after the season if the Eagles fire Sirianni. If they do, he would instantly be my first choice, including over Harbaugh. 

Dean Spanos doesn’t offer people mega money. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Not like he's been sitting in the booth. He's rebuilt Michigan into a powerhouse behind elite coaching and player development.

It is different than Gruden sitting in the booth.

Building a Coaching program is great and all but that doesn’t equal success again in the NFL.

Each situation is different but 10 years away from the league is not an easy task to get back up to speed in many ways.