Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

55 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Michigan winning the natty makes it a lot more likely that Harbaugh leaves for the NFL

Agreed. I am pulling for them tbh. I think we have a great shot for a number of reasons.

It sure would be interesting if he pounds the table for "The best QB in Michigan history" JJ too.

• Like 1

Just now, Chali21 said:

Ordinarily I wouldn’t put much stock in this but honestly I think the players were a big part of JMD getting fired. 

Hindsight is 20/20 but looking back at it now, maybe Rich should have been given a chance at HC. I wonder if Mark's decision not to go with the hot interim coach will almost force his hand and do so now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

No matter what happens with AP. I will say this he deserves this job way more than Rich did. What AP accomplished was by far more impressive despite not making the playoffs. Rich got blown out 3 times. AP worse lose was 14. AP was stuck with an offense that had zero chance to get better. Stuck with a terrible QB. Saw for the first time in a long time player growth. Saw players get better. Saw a defense play with fire. Credit to AP for making these guys fight hard and not give up. 

It’s almost impossible for an intern HC to keep the job because of the uphill battle of overcoming the priors coaches failures mid season. With very little chance to improve. He did a great job. Hats off to him. 

I agree, this one feels different. Bisaccia built up some momentum with a team which already had a solid foundation in place and lost their coach in extenuating circumstances, while Pierce has improved an awful culture left behind by the previous idiot and got a couple of signature wins.

Both did good jobs. Pierce’s was better for me, and it’ll probably stay that way unless we have an embarrassing showing vs the Broncos on Sunday.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

One of Vic’s responses to a reply in this thread is - “I thought Pierce clinched it in KC but we’ll see what happens with Harbaugh.”

As we’ve all said before, the Athletic guys don’t seem to have their ear particularly close to the ground. That said, I don’t think they even mentioned Harbaugh’s name in the McDaniels coaching cycle, so it’s interesting that they feel there’s a chance as well this time.

That might mean nothing, of course.

• Like 3

To those who feel that AP did a better job than Bisaccia, I'd like to know why you think that. Bisaccia got us to the playoffs. AP is 4-4 and if the Donkeys beat us, he will officially be a sub .500 coach.

I don't understand the logic.

3 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

To those who feel that AP did a better job than Bisaccia, I'd like to know why you think that. Bisaccia got us to the playoffs. AP is 4-4 and if the Donkeys beat us, he will officially be a sub .500 coach.

I don't understand the logic.

No surprises there.

• Like 2

I'm desperately trying to ignore any and all Harbaugh rumors this go around because it was crushing the last time. 

I refuse to get my Harbaugh hopes up only to see AP become the coach. Can't think of a worse consolation prize. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Gruden coming back is the worst scenario/ Consolation prize. 

Probably, in the sense he'd get 10 years again. I still think pure coaching, he's miles better than AP. 

No part of AP feels like it last past one season imo.