Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I'm desperately trying to ignore any and all Harbaugh rumors this go around because it was crushing the last time. 

I refuse to get my Harbaugh hopes up only to see AP become the coach. Can't think of a worse consolation prize. 

I'd hire Harbaugh just to get him away from the Chargers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

To those who feel that AP did a better job than Bisaccia, I'd like to know why you think that. Bisaccia got us to the playoffs. AP is 4-4 and if the Donkeys beat us, he will officially be a sub .500 coach.

I don't understand the logic.

I think Pierce has done a good job, I thought Bisaccia did too. With AP I think it’s a slightly different circumstance, Bisaccia had a team with a settled, decent QB that had a major upheaval with Ruggs, Arnette and Gruden whereas Pierce had a team looking defeated and moribund. Pierce has changed the culture round and got the players to buy in when they weren’t previously IMO whilst Bisaccia held the team together in horrible circumstances like a father figure with an us v them approach. Both coaches did admirable jobs but if I was to put one v the other I’d say Pierce has more upside. 

That’s not to say I think he’s the best choice, I think Harbaugh is.

• Like 1

I think Pierce can get some calls to interview as the head coach down the road. His run here in LV has garnered that much for him. 

Harbaugh is the better choice though. His age doesn’t bother me there are plenty HCs his age in the league who are coaching at a high level. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

Because a losing coach is not better than a winning one. 

Eh, what??

You do understand context right? For example, a coach with a poor roster and limited resources who goes, say 8-9 and has them fighting tooth and nail may be much better than a coach with a very talented roster who gets a 9-8 record and underwhelms.

Surely you would appraise the roster and circumstances they’re working with? Does anyone think O’Connell is a top 20 QB in the NFL or does anyone think Garoppolo is a starter? Wouldn’t you factor that in at all?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The players will always support their coaches unless they’re awkward weirdo types like McDaniels. I guess Davante saying this shouldn’t shock anyone, but I‘m kinda surprised he’s being so vocal about it considering his statistical drop off this season, including a few stinking offensive displays under AP’s tenure.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Probably, in the sense he'd get 10 years again. I still think pure coaching, he's miles better than AP. 

No part of AP feels like it last past one season imo.

Gruden coaching was mid at best. I’d go with the upside that AP offers than a fading Dinosaur like Gruden. 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

The players will always support their coaches unless they’re awkward weirdo types like McDaniels. I guess Davante saying this shouldn’t shock anyone, but I‘m kinda surprised he’s being so vocal about it considering his statistical drop off this season, including a few stinking offensive displays under AP’s tenure.

I wonder if DA has some injuries he’s playing with. He took some wicked shots early on in the season thanks to Hospital passes Jimmy G was throwing 

27 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Gruden coaching was mid at best. I’d go with the upside that AP offers than a fading Dinosaur like Gruden. 

To each their own. I'd prefer AP to Gruden, fwiw. But I don't see the upside with him. I see a run of the mill motivator who's career would hinge on the OC/QB coach. We all assume Graham would stay on, but if he doesn't, the strength on defense isn't AP's X and O's. 

AP would be the definition of settling and a short lived in my view. Outside being relatable to players, what else does he bring to the table?

30 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I wonder if DA has some injuries he’s playing with. He took some wicked shots early on in the season thanks to Hospital passes Jimmy G was throwing 

We can't blame everything on Jimmy G. This was all on AOC. AOC got him blasted in his first start injuring his shoulder. AOC has lead him into a number of big hits that have shook him up.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

To each their own. I'd prefer AP to Gruden, fwiw. But I don't see the upside with him. I see a run of the mill motivator who's career would hinge on the OC/QB coach. We all assume Graham would stay on, but if he doesn't, the strength on defense isn't AP's X and O's. 

AP would be the definition of settling and a short lived in my view. Outside being relatable to players, what else does he bring to the table?

Wasn’t he the brains of the D when he was a player though, Didn’t he have the green dot for the Giants and was the general on the field for them in their Super Bowl run? That is what I seem to recall which may indicate he’s a bit more gifted with Xs and Os than he’s given credit for? Certainly the D has taken a step up recently, maybe he’s involved, maybe Graham just us doing things slightly differently.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think Pierce has done a good job, I thought Bisaccia did too. With AP I think it’s a slightly different circumstance, Bisaccia had a team with a settled, decent QB that had a major upheaval with Ruggs, Arnette and Gruden whereas Pierce had a team looking defeated and moribund. Pierce has changed the culture round and got the players to buy in when they weren’t previously IMO whilst Bisaccia held the team together in horrible circumstances like a father figure with an us v them approach. Both coaches did admirable jobs but if I was to put one v the other I’d say Pierce has more upside. 

That’s not to say I think he’s the best choice, I think Harbaugh is.

The facts don't support your argument. How did Pierce change the culture when he's-4-4 and might go 4-5? Pierce didn't change a thing. Bisaccia took over under the most stressful, bizarre, and unusual circumstances ever seen in league history.

One is not comparable to the other. 

11 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Eh, what??

You do understand context right? For example, a coach with a poor roster and limited resources who goes, say 8-9 and has them fighting tooth and nail may be much better than a coach with a very talented roster who gets a 9-8 record and underwhelms.

Surely you would appraise the roster and circumstances they’re working with? Does anyone think O’Connell is a top 20 QB in the NFL or does anyone think Garoppolo is a starter? Wouldn’t you factor that in at all?

The defense gets a lot of credit for being above average because they have no talent but the offense gets a pass for being in the bottom of the league with multiple pro bowlers and all pros? That doesn’t make sense. The offense is pretty bad. 

37 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

The facts don't support your argument. How did Pierce change the culture when he's-4-4 and might go 4-5? Pierce didn't change a thing. Bisaccia took over under the most stressful, bizarre, and unusual circumstances ever seen in league history.

One is not comparable to the other. 

He brought in cigars and ping pong tables. He drives a sweet car. He grew up a Raider fan in La. He got big wins against a DOA chargers team and a chiefs team that who’s WRs couldn’t catch a cold naked in December. 

Honestly I few like we are just comparing him to JMD which yeah I think he’s a better QB than. However that doesn’t mean he’s the dude. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Davante still has the juice, he's going to finish with 100+ catches / 1,100+ yards in a bottom 5 passing offense.

Hard to put up big time numbers when we've passed for less than 200 yards in 8/16 games, have 0 games of 300+ yards, and only had 77 passing yards against the Lions / 48 against the Chiefs.