Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

31 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

He brought in cigars and ping pong tables. He drives a sweet car. He grew up a Raider fan in La. He got big wins against a DOA chargers team and a chiefs team that who’s WRs couldn’t catch a cold naked in December. 

Honestly I few like we are just comparing him to JMD which yeah I think he’s a better QB than. However that doesn’t mean he’s the dude. 

LOL this is exactly right. We need a coach with a plan. Cigars and ping pong tables are not a plan. I would like for us to get Nick Sirianni if the Eagles are actually stupid enough to fire him. 

2 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

The facts don't support your argument. How did Pierce change the culture when he's-4-4 and might go 4-5? Pierce didn't change a thing. Bisaccia took over under the most stressful, bizarre, and unusual circumstances ever seen in league history.

One is not comparable to the other. 

The culture has clearly shifted, if you can’t see that in the play, desire to tackle, swarming to the ball then I don’t know what to tell you. AP could easily go 5-4 aswell as 4-5, so that’s a useless statement and not ‘factual’.

Pierce kicked Peters to the curb, signed Jack Jones who’s been great and changed our QB. I’m not in the building do I don’t know the other small changes that were made but the statistics do actually bare out that changes were made. All our percentages are better. I’ve asked previously for a stat that is worse, genuinely I’m interested as I’m not a Pierce fan particularly. I want and have always wanted Harbaugh as coach. All the stats I can see point towards improvements across the board. 

Agree with the Bisaccia statement. Both have done great jobs. Ideally, I’d like to keep Pierce under Harbaugh as I think he’s a great coach in the making but it’s just a little too early for him.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

The defense gets a lot of credit for being above average because they have no talent but the offense gets a pass for being in the bottom of the league with multiple pro bowlers and all pros? That doesn’t make sense. The offense is pretty bad. 

Don’t really disagree. But the offence hasnt regressed, in fact we’ve had a couple games against the Giants and Chargers where we’ve scored big and we never had that under McDaniels, the offence didn’t break 20 points once so I think it’s fair to say it’s still bad but it has improved. The defence was decent but is now good so it has demonstrably improved. Percentages have gone up, turnovers up, sacks up. 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

It's a big if, but IF Mike Tomlin was let go, would you jump on the hire?

I’d love Tomlin, but slightly less than Jim Harbaugh. He’d be a great hire but I can’t see him being let go, are they crazy?

13 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

The culture has clearly shifted, if you can’t see that in the play, desire to tackle, swarming to the ball then I don’t know what to tell you. AP could easily go 5-4 aswell as 4-5, so that’s a useless statement and not ‘factual’.

Pierce kicked Peters to the curb, signed Jack Jones who’s been great and changed our QB. I’m not in the building do I don’t know the other small changes that were made but the statistics do actually bear out that changes were made. All our percentages are better. I’ve asked previously for a stat that is worse, genuinely I’m interested as I’m not a Pierce fan particularly. I want and have always wanted Harbaugh as coach. All the stats I can see point towards improvements across the board. 

Agree with the Bisaccia statement. Both have done great jobs. Ideally, I’d like to keep Pierce under Harbaugh as I think he’s a great coach in the making but it’s just a little too early for him.

Pierce hasn't won. He missed the playoffs when we had a chance. He couldn't make it happen. That's the fact. I like Pierce, too. But he's not the one. 

The moves Pierce made that you mentioned, Peters etc. were easy calls. They were SUPPOSED to be done. Petersburg was cooked and finished and it was obvious. 

Bottom line is you didn't change the culture if you didn't change the losing and Pierce didn't because we didn't make the playoffs. Period end of story.

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I’d love Tomlin, but slightly less than Jim Harbaugh. He’d be a great hire but I can’t see him being let go, are they crazy?

People in Gen say they read some rumblings about them potentially mutually parting ways. I don't see it happening but it's fun to discuss regardless.

I agree, I rather have Harbs but Tomlin is AP on infinite steroids lol.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Pierce hasn't won. He missed the playoffs when we had a chance. He couldn't make it happen. That's the fact. I like Pierce, too. But he's not the one. 

The moves Pierce made that you mentioned, Peters etc. were easy calls. They were SUPPOSED to be done. Petersburg was cooked and finished and it was obvious. 

Bottom line is you didn't change the culture if you didn't change the losing and Pierce didn't because we didn't make the playoffs. Period end of story.

With that mentality you change the HC every season.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

I’ve said numerous times to make it clear, I’m not advocating for Pierce, I want Harbaugh. I see where you’re coming from but I think you’re too harsh.

Good coaching is about making the simple calls. The previous regime didn’t make the easy calls, the obvious calls, they overthought everything and stick to a ‘system’ that doesn’t work. When AP took over, the playoffs were a pipe dream. I think we need to appreciate that context. We were embarrassed by Buffalo, Detroit and worst of all Chicago before he got the players buying in.

Pierce delivered a signature win at Kansas which hasn’t happened very often at all recently. He delivered a record win over a division rival and the season isn’t over, it’s likely that he will end up with a winning record. That would be a great achievement given the starting point. I really like Pierce but I think we both agree he may not be the best option right here, right now. I think he will be a very good coach in time but it’s a couple years too soon, hence why I’d like to keep him in house. 

17 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I’ve said numerous times to make it clear, I’m not advocating for Pierce, I want Harbaugh. I see where you’re coming from but I think you’re too harsh.

Good coaching is about making the simple calls. The previous regime didn’t make the easy calls, the obvious calls, they overthought everything and stick to a ‘system’ that doesn’t work. When AP took over, the playoffs were a pipe dream. I think we need to appreciate that context. We were embarrassed by Buffalo, Detroit and worst of all Chicago before he got the players buying in.

Pierce delivered a signature win at Kansas which hasn’t happened very often at all recently. He delivered a record win over a division rival and the season isn’t over, it’s likely that he will end up with a winning record. That would be a great achievement given the starting point. I really like Pierce but I think we both agree he may not be the best option right here, right now. I think he will be a very good coach in time but it’s a couple years too soon, hence why I’d like to keep him in house. 

Bro, the only context in the NFL is wins and losses. That's it. Nothing else. I'm really not in the mood to hear stuff like "well we lost but this looked better" type nonsense. 

You win or you lose bro. That's all.there is.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

We all assume Graham would stay on, but if he doesn't, the strength on defense isn't AP's X and O's.

There’s more of a chance of Graham staying on with AP than Harbaugh. 

AP was a high level player in the NFL. The X-Os on defense I suspect he’s very astute in.  However, since the production of the defense is up over half the season can’t be overlooked 

The team played very differently under Pierce than JMD

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Are you ok giving Harbaugh personnel power? 

Hell no. We tried that with Gruden and he had to go get Mayock. Forget that noise. If Harbaugh demands that, then he can go to the Chargers and let him destroy that franchise.

• Like 1