Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

Just now, PhillyRaider said:

Hell no. We tried that with Gruden and he had to go get Mayock. Forget that noise. If Harbaugh demands that, then he can go to the Chargers and let him destroy that franchise.

Agreed. Harbaugh has not proven to be a personnel guy in the NFL. HCs with that type of power rarely work. We tried it with Gruden and to a lesser extent JMD. It is a big NO here as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Are you ok giving Harbaugh personnel power? 

In a perfect world I’d like a situation similar to that in Baltimore where they still have a GM with a say. I’m not sure who Jim Harbaugh can work with or even if he’d want to. That is the only real question mark for me but I’m not privy to what he’d be prepared to work with.

I don’t think giving the power to one individual is necessarily destined for failure, you just have to choose the right guy and Gruden and McDaniels weren’t that guy by a long way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

There’s more of a chance of Graham staying on with AP than Harbaugh. 

AP was a high level player in the NFL. The X-Os on defense I suspect he’s very astute in.  However, since the production of the defense is up over half the season can’t be overlooked 

The team played very differently under Pierce than JMD

I think this says more oof JMD than it does Pierce. 

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I think this says more oof JMD than it does Pierce. 

Thats my working theory as well. It wouldn’t have surprised me to find out that JMD micromanaged the defense as well. 

@Darbsk

Since you asked for stat comparison between JMD and AP:

stats.png

(stats are from pro-football-reference)

notes from my side:

I don't know how that expected points thingy is working - i was assuming that the higher number is the better one but I'm not sure about that - the rest is pretty obvious.

I personally didn't expect that we have less gained first downs and that we allowed more passing yards in the second half of the season.

Edit:

Funny thing is, that if you remove the Chargers game entirely - the only column that switches colours would be the offense column in the expected points area (from now -1,6525 to -5,067)

Edited by Styrian Raider
Addition
  • Like 1

Its early and we don't know all the facts. But there are signs pointing to a possible Adam Gase hiring as OC if AP gets Head Coaching job. Champ Kelly has connections to Gase and word is AP brought him in the building to help out Bo and he actually stayed. so, he has been with the team for a few weeks. Same With Marvin Lewis he's been helping for a few weeks now.  This is the problem all over the NFL. Bum coaches always get jobs because they share the same agent with someone else in the building, etc. It's a travesty. 

This Adam Gase situation is major red flag for AP or Champ Kelly and is something we have to keep an eye on. 

1 hour ago, raidersedge said:

Its early and we don't know all the facts. But there are signs pointing to a possible Adam Gase hiring as OC if AP gets Head Coaching job. Champ Kelly has connections to Gase and word is AP brought him in the building to help out Bo and he actually stayed. so, he has been with the team for a few weeks. Same With Marvin Lewis he's been helping for a few weeks now.  This is the problem all over the NFL. Bum coaches always get jobs because they share the same agent with someone else in the building, etc. It's a travesty. 

This Adam Gase situation is major red flag for AP or Champ Kelly and is something we have to keep an eye on. 

I'm all for an experienced OC, but not Adam Gase. I hope AP has a better plan than that.

2 hours ago, raidersedge said:

I don’t like the cronyism in the NFL coaching ranks but it is how it goes. That’s basically why we have Patrick Graham, because Daboll did not retain him even though their defense was great before. Gase just like Bevell would be an uninspiring OC hires. Experienced but failed OCs who already been exposed by NFL defenses

I can understand seeing the connection between Gase and AP possibly being the OC. However, I hope it is strictly an advisor role to help out mid season a coach chance to a new OC. I have speculation that’s what it is. Tom Coughlin has been in the facility too.

If we remember, when AP was named a HC, he interviewed different coaches on the offensive staff before choosing an OC. I suspect he would interview candidates too

AP has to interview for the HC with his plans of future  asst coaches. Going to the table with Gase or Bevell won’t look good 

16 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

I'm hoping the Eagles are really stupid enough to fire Sirianni. I'm telling y'all if he's available then that's the way to go. Let the crazy Philly media drive that man out of town and right into Las Vegas.

Give it a rest. They are not getting rid of Sirianni. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Rumors on X/Twitter that Harbaugh wants the Chargers job badly due to Justin Herbert 

Good. They can have him. Going to be hilarious watching the Chargers give all decision making powers to Harbaugh thinking he's their savior and then watch him destroy that franchise.

• Like 1