Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Good. They can have him. Going to be hilarious watching the Chargers give all decision making powers to Harbaugh thinking he's their savior and then watch him destroy that franchise.

I’m not as hot on Harbaugh as a lot others. Bringing in a college coach who wants top decision making and been away from NFL game for a decade is a risky gamble. He’s a noted control freak where we don’t know if his schick will work on pros anymore like it does college players 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’m not as hot on Harbaugh as a lot others. Bringing in a college coach who wants top decision making and been away from NFL game for a decade is a risky gamble. He’s a noted control freak where we don’t know if his schick will work on pros anymore like it does college players 

Exactly right. Harbaugh is a big risk. Bigger even than bringing back Gruden. One thing about Gruden was, he did realize he needed help. To that end, he went out and got Mayock. 

I do not see the same open mindedness in Harbaugh. I see a his way or the highway type dude in him.

Which brings up an interesting scenario. If it comes down to keeping AP or bringing back Gruden, assuming Harbaugh goes to the Chargers, who do you go with?

If that's the choice it comes down to, I vote for bringing back Gruden for a myriad of reasons.

Edited by PhillyRaider

8 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

@Darbsk

Since you asked for stat comparison between JMD and AP:

stats.png

(stats are from pro-football-reference)

notes from my side:

I don't know how that expected points thingy is working - i was assuming that the higher number is the better one but I'm not sure about that - the rest is pretty obvious.

I personally didn't expect that we have less gained first downs and that we allowed more passing yards in the second half of the season.

Edit:

Funny thing is, that if you remove the Chargers game entirely - the only column that switches colours would be the offense column in the expected points area (from now -1,6525 to -5,067)

Much appreciated. I guess I’ll have to look into some of those stats and what they mean 👍🏼

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Exactly right. Harbaugh is a big risk. Bigger even than bringing back Gruden. One thing about Gruden was, he did realize he needed help. To that end, he went out and got Mayock. 

I do not see the same open mindedness in Harbaugh. I see a his way or the highway type dude in him.

Which brings up an interesting scenario. If it comes down to keeping AP or bringing back Gruden, assuming Harbaugh goes to the Chargers, who do you go with?

If that's the choice it comes down to, I vote for bringing back Gruden for a myriad of reasons.

He is stuck in litigation. Also, he’s es another coach that wants full power that shouldn’t have it . Gruden had his time here and we were nothing but middle of the road or below. He blew through draft picks and even worse traded Mack and Cooper. These 90s style coaches are gonna start falling from Grace the next couple years. Already seen it with Bill B. Andy Reid is next

Roll with AP next year to give him an offseason. If he doesn’t workout , there will be another crop of coaches next season 

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Rumors on X/Twitter that Harbaugh wants the Chargers job badly due to Justin Herbert 

I see that rumor appears to have started with Jason LaCanfora, who is one of the worst “insiders” in the NFL game. He could be right, but if he is then it’s a total guess, because that dude is pretty much the definition of a hack.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I see that rumor appears to have started with Jason LaCanfora, who is one of the worst “insiders” in the NFL game. He could be right, but if he is then it’s a total guess, because that dude is pretty much the definition of a hack.

I think with all rumors during this time is to be taken with a grain of salt. It is the time where the beat reporters don’t have to be right 

However, I could understand Harbaugh wanting to coach Herbert. Having a young franchise QB already in pace solves a lot of steps in winning 

7 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think with all rumors during this time is to be taken with a grain of salt. It is the time where the beat reporters don’t have to be right 

However, I could understand Harbaugh wanting to coach Herbert. Having a young franchise QB already in pace solves a lot of steps in winning 

Of course. There are also plenty of reasons he might want to coach the Raiders.

The Panthers are the only vacancy I see that Harbaugh would probably want nothing to do with.

47 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

He is stuck in litigation. Also, he’s es another coach that wants full power that shouldn’t have it . Gruden had his time here and we were nothing but middle of the road or below. He blew through draft picks and even worse traded Mack and Cooper. These 90s style coaches are gonna start falling from Grace the next couple years. Already seen it with Bill B. Andy Reid is next

Roll with AP next year to give him an offseason. If he doesn’t workout , there will be another crop of coaches next season 

He had full power but shared it though. He wasn't a control freak. The fact he went out and got Mayock proves that. Also, I will remind you, the playoff team that Bisaccia coached was built by Gruden and Mayock. 

I'll take that all day long.

12 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Of course. There are also plenty of reasons he might want to coach the Raiders.

The Panthers are the only vacancy I see that Harbaugh would probably want nothing to do with.

I agree. The Panthers is gonna be a hard sell for candidates. It is why there’s rumors Tepper may have to overpay to get his guy. It is not like he can’t do it. Tepper is worth upwards to 15 Billion 

17 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

He had full power but shared it though. He wasn't a control freak. The fact he went out and got Mayock proves that. Also, I will remind you, the playoff team that Bisaccia coached was built by Gruden and Mayock. 

I'll take that all day long.

You’ll take getting lucky to make playoffs, immediately getting bounced from it, blowing 5 first round picks, spending tons on FAs who did nothing over 3 nfc championship appearances, 13-3 the first year, and a Super Bowl appearance? That’s insane. 

The way some of y’all talk about Harbaugh you’d think he was another Brian Bilick or Jeff Fisher. Dude wins everywhere he goes. Not like Jimmy G but legit he wins. Honestly though with how the NFL is structuring contracts these days with the amount of player turnover I think his personality will be fine. The days where guys play 10+ years on a team are gone. I think most players will be on this team 6 years max. Harbaugh also has good coaches around him like fangio in SF and Johnson/Minter in Michigan. 

Man a part of me wishes we still had Gruden so y’all could finally get over him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Belichek’s poor drafting is catching up to him. Without an elite QB to lean on we’re seeing the cracks. All of that could change if they land Willams or Maye. They’re like a worse version of the raiders, where their defense is good but the o is atrocious. Big difference is that they’re in a great position to do something about it. Wouldn’t surprise me if they started surging back next season. 

The Chiefs with Reid are not on the decline. We’re just seeing what the loss of hill has done to them. This ain’t the Rams declining into oblivion. Mahomes is still the gold standard in the NFL, if they had WRs who were threats they’d be the #1 seed. 

9 hours ago, raidersedge said:

Its early and we don't know all the facts. But there are signs pointing to a possible Adam Gase hiring as OC if AP gets Head Coaching job. Champ Kelly has connections to Gase and word is AP brought him in the building to help out Bo and he actually stayed. so, he has been with the team for a few weeks. Same With Marvin Lewis he's been helping for a few weeks now.  This is the problem all over the NFL. Bum coaches always get jobs because they share the same agent with someone else in the building, etc. It's a travesty. 

This Adam Gase situation is major red flag for AP or Champ Kelly and is something we have to keep an eye on. 

I can’t say I’m that knowledgeable on coordinators but Adam Gase would worry me a little if I’m honest. That wouldn’t be an exciting hire in the least, though the press conference could be amusing.

2 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

I’d go with Pierce as I like his upside plus we’d have a power structure with a real GM. 

The only way I’d suffer Gruden is if he was subordinate to a real GM and he was tied up and locked in a cupboard on draft night.

I think Gruden is actually a decent coach but man, oh man, he’s demonstrated to be impulsive and incompetent with personnel decisions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhillyRaider said:

It's not a dinner menu or a beer list, bro. 

I’m not sure exactly what ‘expected points’ mean and being pretty knowledgeable about maths and statistics I want to know how they’re calculated and what exactly they pertain to!