Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, PhillyRaider said:

Gruden/Mayock players still on the team.

Crosby, Jacobs, Moehrig, Renfrow, Robertson, Koonce*, Deablo. Hobbs. 

Players drafted by Gruden/Mayock cut/let go/traded by Zeigler..

Ferrell, Abram, Mullen, Leatherwood, Ingold, Moreau, Bryan Edwards, John Simpson, tyree gillespie. Just to name a few

As you can see, Ziegler/JMD had an agenda to dismantle the Gruden/Mayock foundation. He got rid of all their players as best he could. Everything Gruden/Mayock built was torn down by Ziegler/JMD.

Also, how long you been a Raiders fan bruh? You didn't know this stuff? Like, you didn't watch all this happen when it went down? 

The bold are about to be gone and not worth second contracts, the italicized were never actually good to start with, and the underlined are nothing special and easily replaceable/already supplanted. 

Koonce is a good player, but given that the only two impact guys set to remain at all are Maxx and Hobbs- late Day 3 picks- we would've been better off with Mack, Maxx, and Hobbs than any other possible combination above. 

The only "foundational" pieces from your list are Hobbs and Maxx and I dare anyone to claim that either was viewed as a potential foundational piece by Gruden or Mayock when scouted and drafted. They got lucky. Maxx could have easily washed out of the league with a bottle and Hobbs was a virtual unknown by practically everyone, including commentary teams on draft day. If I remember correctly, @NYRaider was like the only poster here who ever even heard of the guy. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, NickButera said:

It would be a whole new level of stupid to drag on the GM/HC hiring process while our best assistants get poached out of the gate, and then we decide to retain them, forcing them to start over. 

We could block contact but it is a good will gesture. It allow coaches and staffers to entertain potential opportunities in case they aren’t retained. Blocking a coach to interview for opportunities while not knowing if they will retain can put them behind the market if they get fired. 

NFL rules state that Raiders have to open their HC/GM job search and interview candidates before choosing a new coach/GM

Edited by bucksavage1

42 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Interesting. 

That said, there's the angle nobody really brought up too though:

Even if Pierce and/or Kelly are in-house favorites, neither is particularly tied to any of the assistants on staff. Some, like Bennett, are unlikely to leave anyway. Others, I think we all sort of auto-assume Pierce/Kelly would actually want to keep them in the first place. 

It's entirely possible that they have some guys that are "their guys" and some that aren't. I can see the Raiders trying to keep some guys because we really have no idea who Pierce is connected to or if they'd actually come, rather than keeping tabs on in-house guys because their presence indicates much about the HC position. 

Just a thought. Bet we learn A LOT more after Monday though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Harbaugh. Now that my emotions have settled after witnessing some awesome wins from AP, I think it’s best we go with Harbaugh. His W-L records in college and the pros are top tier. Period.

• Like 1

I don't believe a word from Adam Shyster. Dude make things up and passes it off as fact. Guy is a BS artist. 

He is literally a mouthpiece for teams wanting to leak things. 

• Like 1

I don't believe a word from Adam Shyster. Dude make things up and passes it off as fact. Guy is a BS artist. 

I can’t recall a time where he broke false news and didn’t correct it. 

When has he spouted BS?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

He is literally a mouthpiece for teams wanting to leak things. 

He makes things up, too. He got interviewed on Philly radio a couple years ago and I caught the interview. They asked him point blank how he knew about a rumor he started going around the Eagles.

This dude straight up said it's just common sense 😂 

He admitted he made it up without actually saying he made it up live on the air.

Just now, PhillyRaider said:

He makes things up, too. He got interviewed on Philly radio a couple years ago and I caught the interview. They asked him point blank how he knew about a rumor he started going around the Eagles.

This dude straight up said it's just common sense 😂 

He admitted he made it up without actually saying he made it up live on the air.

Post the tape. Facts or shut up. 

7 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Post the tape. Facts or shut up. 

Actually I found it. He was talking about Carson Wentz. He started a rumor and then said it was his opinion lol.

Now you shut up.

https://zh-cn.facebook.com/975thefanatic/videos/heres-adam-schefter-on-the-carson-wentz-saga-check-out-the-full-interview-belowh/401085114491341/

Edited by PhillyRaider

Just saw Kellen Moore is the odds leader for our HC? Helllll no. I’ve always thought he’s trash. I said the moment he left Dallas, the Dallas offense would improve and smashed Lamb and Dak in fantasy. I also picked the Chargers to finish LAST in the AFC West before the season. Moore is TRASH and always has been super over hyped. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Actually I found it. He was talking about Carson Wentz. He started a rumor and then said it was his opinion lol.

Now you shut up.

https://zh-cn.facebook.com/975thefanatic/videos/heres-adam-schefter-on-the-carson-wentz-saga-check-out-the-full-interview-belowh/401085114491341/

In no way does that prove he is only a bs artist or liar. You’re insane. I don’t even like Schefter but the grind on him has always been that he is a mouthpiece for pushing narratives teams in turn give him inside info on. You’re just a conspiracy theorist and not one of the fun ones. 

21 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

In no way does that prove he is only a bs artist or liar. You’re insane. I don’t even like Schefter but the grind on him has always been that he is a mouthpiece for pushing narratives teams in turn give him inside info on. You’re just a conspiracy theorist and not one of the fun ones. 

Bro, stop putting words in my mouth. I never said he is only a BS artist. But the fact is, he is a BS artist who makes things up and admitted to it. 

You don't even know. He caused an uproar in Philly when he posted his BS "opinion" as a real rumor. He caused a lot of stuff with that.

In fact, if I'm not mistaken, it wasn't too long after that interview that he got fired and went to BSPN.

Edited by PhillyRaider