Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

32 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

My only concern with Harbaugh is, will he want complete control? I'm tired of these HCs having full reign without a check and balance. 

Even if we bring in a GM with autonomy over Harbaugh, could be a potential power struggle like what happened in SF

My question about AP/Champ who gets the final say on draft picks? Would AP influence Champ into getting a defensive player over trading up for the QB? Would Champ override him and get his guy? What do we really know about how the two would work?

3 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

My question about AP/Champ who gets the final say on draft picks? Would AP influence Champ into getting a defensive player over trading up for the QB? Would Champ override him and get his guy? What do we really know about how the two would work?

Good question. I think it was rumored we are gonna hire a director of football ops

I just told my wife...

"I want to put my head under a pillow for a week and let the chips fall where they may."

AP has created a legend in himself.  Albeit a regular season legend.  He couldn't make up for the short comings of the previous regime.  He deserves this shot.  

That said, it's hard to argue AGAINST Harbaugh. 3 CC games.  A SB.  Possible national championship.  It's a hard hitting resume.  

Either one of these choices, I'm on board.  But if we go after a Ben Johnson, Frank Smith type over AP, I'll be heated.  AP already has this locker room. 

• Like 6

It's clear and obvious that AP has changed the culture here in a very short time span. And now he has the winning record to prove it. If you told me at the beginning of the season an interim HC with a make shift playbook and a 4th round rookie QB that's not great and a staff that isn't his would have a winning record in 9 games I'd say that guy hands down gets the job. 

It wouldn't be the end of the world to give him a cheap shorter contract. I'm intrigued to see how good he can be and what kind of staff he'd assemble. 

Biggest regret would be not getting Harbs

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Raiders least penalized team in the NFL. Two games under AP with zero flags

But this isn't possible. The NFL and refs hate us and have been out to get us bc of something that happened 60 years ago!! At least that's what I've been told here time and time again 

22 minutes ago, NickButera said:

It's clear and obvious that AP has changed the culture here in a very short time span. And now he has the winning record to prove it. If you told me at the beginning of the season an interim HC with a make shift playbook and a 4th round rookie QB that's not great and a staff that isn't his would have a winning record in 9 games I'd say that guy hands down gets the job. 

It wouldn't be the end of the world to give him a cheap shorter contract. I'm intrigued to see how good he can be and what kind of staff he'd assemble. 

Biggest regret would be not getting Harbs

Took away your football bc of your last statement 🤢🤮

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Various league sources are reporting that It is expected that Champ Kelly will get a GM job this offseason. With or without the Raiders job.

If he doesn’t get the Raiders GM job, we get two 3rd round comp picks 

Win/win! 

• Like 2

Went from fans telling Mark to do the right thing and fire JMD to chanting AP! 

The fans and locker want AP back. 

my thing is, would we still want AP back if PG is hired away? 

2 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

My main concern with going the AP route would be if he could develop a QB. The OC hire would be significant

Would also be a huge draw for an offensive mind. Would get total control of the offense. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Totty said:

I just told my wife...

"I want to put my head under a pillow for a week and let the chips fall where they may."

AP has created a legend in himself.  Albeit a regular season legend.  He couldn't make up for the short comings of the previous regime.  He deserves this shot.  

That said, it's hard to argue AGAINST Harbaugh. 3 CC games.  A SB.  Possible national championship.  It's a hard hitting resume.  

Either one of these choices, I'm on board.  But if we go after a Ben Johnson, Frank Smith type over AP, I'll be heated.  AP already has this locker room. 

I feel that.

The only concern I have against Harbaugh right now is, that it probably mean that AP is not with the Raiders next saison.
No HC would wants the competitor to his job in the locker room.

on the other hand:

I also would hate it if the Chargers land Harbaugh to be their HC.