Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

33 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Yeah, I think people aren't taking into account the full picture of the situation he'd be landing in if he went to the Chargers. Sure, they've got Herbert, who is an excellent piece to build around, but they've also got an old, overrated and overpaid roster

During their game they showed a graphic of cap hits for 6 players on LAC. Mike Williams and Keenan Allen combined for over $70M, and Mack and Bosa were bigger hits than that at $35M+ each. Herbert was the 6th biggest, that's insane. Derwin James was another $20M. Maybe the cap situation between LAC and DEN will help our cause here. I can't imagine the Chiefs are in a great cap situation.

Edited by justwinbaby81

Harbaugh's resume is just so much better than AP's. It's not AP's fault at all for that. That's like if i am junior faculty and they pick a noble laureate over me for an admin role. It's not that I'm not good, that other guy has just proven 10x as much.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

They are all under contract. Raiders would have to agree to let them out of their contract before they could sign elsewhere. 

Personally, I think hiring AP will be a mistake anyway. He's good for what they needed right now, but longterm, not seeing it. I trust he won't embarrass the organization ala the last 2 guys. But I think he'll prove out of depth in hiring and constructing an offensive staff around a young QB. 

Question for anyone who wants to answer it. Do you honestly think if hired AP will last 3 seasons as the head coach?

I think he could, I mean he’s just gone 5-4 without really installing his own schemes and with a rookie 4th round QB who’s played some terrible games and some decent games and a rookie OC who’s never called plays before.

I think he’s a bit smarter than he’s given credit for as just a ‘rah rah guy’ but ultimately it’ll come down to who he installs as OC and what he does with the QB situation. He basically was given an awful QB room and scraps for OC and they made it work.

If he gets a great OC and a young QB with a high ceiling there’s some reason to believe he’ll be very successful. What’s the floor on offence? This year I guess. The D still has a ways it can improve. Things look pretty decent imo.

He’s probably my second choice now behind Harbaugh assuming Tomlin is not going anywhere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Really questionable decision-making on time management and decision-making in situational football. A lot of that is due to AOC limitations in my opinion so that can be mitigated with better QB play. 

Good point, I think Pierce has gone conservative a few times deliberately so as not to put too much pressure or expectation on the rookies plate. He’s relied on his D a bit and it’s worked reasonably well. That strategy could get more aggressive with a more complete QB. Coaches can of course improve same as players but it’s a question mark for AP right now for sure. Each candidate has their questions!

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Kubiak or Fleury from SF. Pitcher, QB coach in Cincy. Zac Robinson or Jake Peetz from the Rams staff. 

I like any of those guys. The looming influence of Adam Gase has be scared if AP becomes HC.

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Wait... I've heard this story before?

If only they made him GM the last time around, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess. 

IIRC you and I were the main drivers of the Dodds/Harbs duo. Nothing has changed for me since then.