Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

My stance on Champ Kelly hasn't changed, but if he sticks, cool. He can have his shot to prove me wrong. 

That said, I like how Davis appears to be targeting franchises with FO staff that came in and got things turned around quick and efficiently. 

Bengals, 49ers, Bills...these are the teams and drafting to emulate. Not the Patriots who largely suck at drafting, not the Bears who can't draft OR attract FA's. Glad to see Mark is serious about joining the winners' club after all these years. 

Dad what was it like when you heard Mark Davis was getting rid of AP/Kelly for a real coach and general manager?

mcmahon-crying-he-was-special.gif

2 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

I was definitely in for harbs and Dodds last time.....nothing has changed for me......🤞fingers crossed, but not getting my hopes up as much as last time....to be continued....lol. 

I'm getting my hopes up even higher this time.  I think there are better prospects this time around.

39 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Those SOBs.  I know we have no control over where our DB coach goes but dang them for trying.  Hopefully he gets the job, our defensive coaches deserve all the praise and recognition after this season and how well they did.  So best of luck to him.  I'm rooting for the good guys.  Until its Raiders week and they need to take that L.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh I think the locker room is sold on pierce and after jmd I don’t think harbs can win over the locker room. As a coach with the expectations of doing better than 8 wins your first year imo only harbs is ready for that smoke. I don’t think the players are into going thru another experiment in coaching. With pierce I can see pg staying similar to cowboys dc. Imo lose pierce you also lose pg. 

definitely would be my biggest concern with someone like Harbaugh... 

would he make a move to demonstrate its his way or the highway, rumors thats kinda happened with gruden and mack. 

If AP gets the role as HC, does that piss off PG though who we apparently didnt give the IHC role too so that he could just focus on the D? AP and PG i believe have good chemistry together.. but going from ones employee to ones boss definitely changes dynamics. 

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

IIRC you and I were the main drivers of the Dodds/Harbs duo. Nothing has changed for me since then.

We were. @MrOaktown_56 was on that train too I recall. I wish I could simply go back to the 2021 offseason thread and save everyone some time on all the background material lol.

• Like 1

This off-season gonna a movie with AP as coach. 

I cashed my Over 6.5 wins bets for the Raiders and Over 7.5 wins too. I’m gonna roll over the winnings for us to win AFC West, AFC Title and Super Bowl

Edited by bucksavage1

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

This off-season gonna a movie with AP as coach. 

I cashed my Over 6.5 wins bets for the Raiders and Over 7.5 wins too. I’m gonna roll over the winnings for us to win AFC West, AFC Title and Super Bowl

AP isn't coming back bud

6 minutes ago, NickButera said:

holy hell. We had literally one of the best defenses in the league since AP took over? I can get behind this.

We also play 6/9 backup qbs I believe. Gotta factor that in a little 

Dodds harbough rumors went swirling for us 2 years ago too. I'd love it.

Also random note. All Harbough teams are very similar and not dependent on an elite QB to throw 300 yards and 3 yds every game. SF WITH kaep, Michigan with McCarthy, Balt with Lamar, Balt with Flacco, .... They're all dependent on physical play at the line, big defenses, focus on the run, and a QB that has the ability to make some plays.  I could see Jayden Daniels being a good fit for a Harbough team, but not for AP.

All this to say, I don't the chargers have the upper hand here. They're going to have to cut their defensive stars and are going to be super reliant on Herbert. I don't think that's what Harbough wants 

58 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

definitely would be my biggest concern with someone like Harbaugh... 

would he make a move to demonstrate its his way or the highway, rumors thats kinda happened with gruden and mack. 

If AP gets the role as HC, does that piss off PG though who we apparently didnt give the IHC role too so that he could just focus on the D? AP and PG i believe have good chemistry together.. but going from ones employee to ones boss definitely changes dynamics. 

I think pg wouldn’t trip off pierce being hc if anything it would motivate him to stay. Pg not gonna get hc calls I just can’t see it. If anything pg stays to build up his resume. If we’re a playoff team he’ll be more sought after imo

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

We also play 6/9 backup qbs I believe. Gotta factor that in a little 

I get it, but he did it against Mahomes too. but he did it consistently over 9 games. Don't care who you play if your defense performs that well consistently....you're good.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think pg wouldn’t trip off pierce being hc if anything it would motivate him to stay. Pg not gonna get hc calls I just can’t see it. If anything pg stays to build up his resume. If we’re a playoff team he’ll be more sought after imo

This is how I view it. If (and it's a big if) AP is retained, Graham has a good thing going under him and will get those interviews in the next coaching cycle. 

• Like 1