Who do you want to see as our next HC and GM?

RaidersAreOne

What’s funny is there people on this forum that thought AP wouldn’t win another game after the Giants win….

Now he had the #1 defense in the NFL after he took over. All offseason people was sure our defense was gonna be BAD. AP , PG and the defensive staff turned a 20+ year defensive dilemma around in half of season. Are we sure that we want to get rid of that?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, NickButera said:

holy hell. We had literally one of the best defenses in the league since AP took over? I can get behind this.

Giants (Tommy DeVito)
Jets (Zach Wilson)
@ Dolphins (Tua)
Chiefs (Kermit)
Vikings (Josh Dobbs)
Chargers (Easton Stick)
@ Chiefs (Kermit again)
@ Colts (Gardner Minshew)
Broncos (Jarrett Stidham)

It’s still an impressive return and I’m not disagreeing that Pierce has done a good job, but look at that list of QBs. Mahomes twice, Tua, and everyone else is a backup. I get the point everyone played against lots of backups this year, but Pierce did have a pretty generous run of the really low end ones. Even the Chiefs, we got them at a time where their offense had turned into a hot mess.

Listen, no complaints from me about it. I’ve spent the majority of my Raiders fandom praying we could have even a middle of the road defense, so this Pierce run has been enjoyable in that sense. Just providing a bit of context though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

We were. @MrOaktown_56 was on that train too I recall. I wish I could simply go back to the 2021 offseason thread and save everyone some time on all the background material lol.

Yeah I was also big on dodds/harbaugh. Didn't understand the pats hires but Mark himself has admitted he doesn't know **** about football and Herock should be in the retirement home.

11 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Giants (Tommy DeVito)
Jets (Zach Wilson)
@ Dolphins (Tua)
Chiefs (Kermit)
Vikings (Josh Dobbs)
Chargers (Easton Stick)
@ Chiefs (Kermit again)

It’s still an impressive return and I’m not disagreeing that Pierce has done a good job, but look at that list of QBs. Mahomes twice, Tua, and everyone else is a backup. I get the point everyone played against lots of backups this year, but Pierce did have a pretty generous run of the really low end ones. Even the Chiefs, we got them at a time where their offense had turned into a hot mess.

Listen, no complaints from me about it. I’ve spent the majority of my Raiders fandom praying we could have even a middle of the road defense, so this Pierce run has been enjoyable in that sense. Just providing a bit of context though.

I get all that, I disagree though. I think 9 games overrides all that and is the greater context. If it was a few games then yea, that would be more of a grain of salt, but half the year..... That's the greater more meaningful context IMO. 

57 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Giants (Tommy DeVito)
Jets (Zach Wilson)
@ Dolphins (Tua)
Chiefs (Kermit)
Vikings (Josh Dobbs)
Chargers (Easton Stick)
@ Chiefs (Kermit again)

It's something thing that should go overlooked.  Too often people just go off of what's on the paper. Same thing with Bisaccia's run. Pierce gets more credit for the defense than Graham does now.  While he has given people and players more freedom, this team did play beat up teams and had big letdown after wins. Wins look good on paper but the who and how is important too.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

A lot of good names being interviewed. Love to see it.

Going to suck if after all this, they settle for Kelly and AP, but to each their own. 

A huge letdown to us following it all and a victory to those who thought MD made a mistake not giving Bisaccia the job.

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

What’s funny is there people on this forum that thought AP wouldn’t win another game after the Giants win….

Now he had the #1 defense in the NFL after he took over. All offseason people was sure our defense was gonna be BAD. AP , PG and the defensive staff turned a 20+ year defensive dilemma around in half of season. Are we sure that we want to get rid of that?

Depends on what type of offensive staff you think AP can build. I think the defensive stats are also pretty inflated when you look at who we played after AP took over.

Giants - Tommy DeVito / 30th in scoring offense

Jets - Zach Wilson / 29th in scoring offense

Dolphins - Tua / 2nd in scoring offense

Chiefs (x2) - Mahomes / 15th in scoring offense

Vikings - Dobbs / 22nd in scoring offense

Chargers - Easton Stick / 21st in scoring offense

Colts - Gardner Minshew / 10th in scoring offense

Broncos - Jarrett Stidham / 19th in scoring offense